Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:34 AM

Hypocritical...

Could you not be more hypocritical. Whenever Mariah shows the slightest sign of breast being out. You jump all over it joe. Seriously, the Calendar pic with the lai's covering her boobs you said something about, the beach pic with the hair covering her boobs etc. You ALWAYS have something to say.. whether it be "she looks like a off duty prostitute" to "her fake boobs are disgusting".. as soon as Janet pops her boob out of her top, its sexy and you love it. And ur excuse on AIM was because Janet was filled with sexuality. Uuuh riiight.:rolleyes :rolleyes

Now it's hardly simple
It's just simply hard, when it comes to you and
I'm find myself
Not being myself

Just to avoid all this confrontation with
Oh baby you, oh baby me,
Oh maybe we, can put this armour down and settle down
Oh it's off track
That is a fact
Can we get it back, get it back to the beginning

Remove this ad

Kaiyan

#42 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:35 AM

Nice post.

"Mr. Always Need To Be Right"..."Mr. I Need TO Find An Issue With Everything"...Mr. It's My Way Or The Highway"...Mr. IF Your Reason Is Not Good Enough For Me I'm Going To Belittle and Berate You."

#43 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:35 AM

Okay well that's your issue

if lose respect for women who show their breasts in public, than thats something you need to work out with yourself. Glad to see how you operate, thanks for the explanation:) ;)

---------------

FrozenPetals

#44 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:36 AM

not full on out there. not like that.

i dont recall (what is it abc? that does the amas?) getting calls over mariahs dress. it was arevealing dress.. fine wear one.. but dont proceed to pull of one of the sups and leave your tit there hangin for the world to see.

magazines r diff from a show millions of homes tune into.

a mom can tell a kid not too look at a racy lookin magazine (i.e.e blender... maxim) but u watch the superbowl and let your kids watch because you dont expect the entertainment to expose themselves.

hell if she did that at the mtv awards i prob wouldnt be as bothered by it either. its just the channel it was on and she knew how wise the auidence was and she still did it.

its easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb,
its so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone,
something has been taken, from deep inside of me, a secret
i've locked away, no one can ever see, wounds so deep they
never show, they never go away

#45 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:38 AM

Oh and by the way

I loved the performance, tity out and all. But I'm not gonna be hypocritical and say its okay for Mariah to have lai's covering her boobs or hair or pockets and say that its wrong for janet to do it. Even though Mariah's nipple has never been exposed, like Janets, even with the metalic star, ring or whatever covering part of her nipple.

Now it's hardly simple
I'm find myself
Not being myself

Oh baby you, oh baby me,
Oh it's off track
That is a fact

NhWxMaN

#46 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:38 AM

Re: NFL and CBS statements

Associated Press:

CBS apologizes for breast-baring end to halftime show

February 1, 2004
NEW YORK (AP) -- CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.

``CBS deeply regrets the incident,'' spokeswoman Leslie Anne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

It was unclear whether Timberlake intended to expose Jackson's breast.

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, ``and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended.''

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured Puff Daddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

``We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show,'' Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. ``They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

``It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime.''

#47 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:41 AM

Uhh....Are you okay dude?

I don't remember saying anything like that. And I never brought mariah into this until someone said they'd lose respect for mariah is she exposed her breasts. Just like people didn't like the performance, that's their opinion. And if I think Janet's persona is sexier than Mariah's, that's mine. But you, "superloverboy" really don't need to put words in my mouth sayin i called her an "off-duty prostitute" which is farthest from the truth. I have said.. that I've liked Mariah's previous images and that's about as far as it's gone.

Weird.  >D

---------------

#48 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:42 AM

It'll Do People Some Good To Be Less Uptight...

Definitely a step in the right direction, these boob-flashing (Janet), Lesbian-Kissing (Britney/Madonna) publicity stunts. More people need to be doing stuff like that so that everybody can relax and those things won't be taboo anymore. There's always a first time then that's it, you can't go back, the line has FINALLY be crossed! Now if only Mariah would do something so bold! It would definitely generate some buzz for her next album!

#49 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:46 AM

Yeah...it's cool.

I respect your stance on this subject, it's whatever, we can agree to disagree cause I aint bout to be on here callin you a "dumb @#%$".

---------------

Spooky21

#50 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:49 AM

How far for Publicity?

This is really interesting because the enveloped is being pushed further and further along by artist these days. Is there no honest pure "publicity" any longer? First Britney and Madonna manipulating the press for her album's release just for the publicity. No art involved. Now the Janet episode which i personally think was planned. Is she that desperate for the publicity? because she will definately have it. It will be all over all the news papers and tabloids tomorrow. Nobody even cares who won the superbowl any longer. Everyone will be talking about janet and justin and the new entity, Janets Boob. It seems like everyone just wants to do something for shocking value these days. What happened to letting the "art" or "music" speak for itself???

i really don't know what to think anymore. To a certain extend i feel Mariah when she says that artists today are revealing much more than her but she always get picked on. She right. At this rate, we will be seeing couchies for albums releases in a couple of years.

Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:51 AM

LOL!!!

Joe, you're saying you've NEVER EVER said something similar to that? Either an off duty prostitute, or a prostitude on a break, something to that effect. I can name the EXACT picture you said it to! The one with the purple/silver glittery shorts with the black top laying on the couch with her legs straight. With the curly hair, it was taken during Rainbow era. You sent the pic through AIM and said that comment. Do you remember the picture from Through The Rain video shoot, of mariah coming out of a room in the black church dress? What were you comments on that? "Who goes to church like that" "Nobody goes to church with their tities all out" etc.

But besides that, you ALWAYS talking about Mariah's choice to show off her boobs. You say how huge and saggy they are. The WMA colorful dress!!! The Calendar pics!!! The Russian pics with the push up bra!!! Coome on now. You've stated on numerous occasions your dislike of Mariah showing her fake, saggy huge boobs. Even after you met her backstage in Vegas and told me how small her boobs were compared to the pictures and videos we see. You have still commented on how huge they look/are and how fake they are... NUMEROUS times! Which is fine and dandy, since thats your opinion. It just doesn't look too good on your character when you love Janet 10times more for popping her tity out at 5:30pm, dinner time or whatever.

And if you feel that Janet has a sexier persona, thats fine as well, but that mean its okay for her to be buck naked yet, if Mariah does it, she's trashy and slutty.

*Randy Jackson's voice*
Way hypocritical, dude.;)

Now it's hardly simple
I'm find myself
Not being myself

Oh baby you, oh baby me,
Oh it's off track
That is a fact

twistedjigga00

#52 [url]

Feb 2 04 12:54 AM

I'm proud

of Janet for doing that, and earned even more respect for her. CBS airs just as racey stuff on a lot of their sitcoms. It was just a breast, not even a nipple shot... Gosh.. if CBS was doing a bio on Janet, they'd have no problem showing that famous rolling stone cover of hers where she is bearing both breasts... :rolleyes

#54 [url]

Feb 2 04 1:19 AM

Re: How far for Publicity?

I hear ya Spooky...
I certainly hope it was an accident. I mean Janet can stand on her music alone. It's one thing to wear a lai on a beach topless, or some hotpants with a little cheek popping out. If something slips it slips, ah well. But, Mariah has never deliberatly exposed part of herself for publicity reasons. Yeah she has worn some god awful outfits, but I honestly think she liked the dresses. :lol I just don't get it. The music business just isn't about the music anymore I guess.

NancyBFly

Often Imitated Never Duplicated!

#55 [url]

Feb 2 04 1:20 AM

umm...

I'm sorry...but if I had children, there is no way I could be "proud" this happened. It's just not appropriate on this occasion. Any other time...MTV, magazines, whatever, I'd be saying "Go Janet!" for self-empowerment...but for Janet to do it on the super bowl is bazarre and probably a little abnormal. I think she has an exhibitionist fetish.

#56 [url]

Feb 2 04 1:27 AM

If that boy gets any hotter.........

All I'll have to do is just LOOK at him and.... :o

He keeps looking better and better.

God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Thought for the week: Integrity is the one true measure of one's worth.

#58 [url]

Feb 2 04 1:37 AM

Huh? Once again are u okay?

I have no clue what you're talking about. I didn't even meet Mariah backstage!!! I got her autograph at like 3 am in the hall way of Caesers Palace. You need some rest or something man.  >D

---------------

#60 [url]

Feb 2 04 1:44 AM

Yes, and so did Justin - they are now saying the costume mal

malfunctioned.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help