Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 9 17 10:12 AM

Kevon wrote:
The Honey choreo was just as bad and awkward when she started Vegas. Who's watch was that under?
This exactly. Also, she should have ditched that choreography in '97. It was slightly embarrassing then (made only acceptable by the fact that she was SO gorgeous at the time) and is just beyond unnecessary now. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#22 [url]

Aug 9 17 10:24 AM

mcrespect wrote:
If she doesn't feel confident, then why does she keep wearing these bodysuits which are not flattering at all? She should have covered up instead of baring it all..
The biggest mystery of all, but she has seldom covered up just because of her weight gain. I think it's largely down to her surrounding herself with yes men who say she looks amazing in everything.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Aug 9 17 10:54 AM

It's also interesting to note that she wasn't thin in late 2014, but her confidence was through the roof because her vocals were on fire. So her confidence also depends on the state of her voice. Although it's improved for weeks, I personally don't think she's been sounding amazing lately, not saying that she's sounding like s*** but she's for sure capable of much better.

Last Edited By: Kanye Aug 9 17 12:11 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#24 [url]

Aug 9 17 10:58 AM

mcrespect wrote:
If she doesn't feel confident, then why does she keep wearing these bodysuits which are not flattering at all? She should have covered up instead of baring it all..
Cutting expenses? Do you think she was happy to be basically naked on stage?

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 9 17 10:58 AM

Let me gets this str8 you guys are complaining that she needs to get rid of the dancer and choreography ? But over looking that's their none of that on the current tour?

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#27 [url]

Aug 9 17 11:39 AM

And is still going viral.

I won't lie though in terms of set up the Lionel tour is absolutely how she should be going from now on if she's not going to have any energy on stage in terms of movement. Just focus on her voice.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcrespect

#28 [url]

Aug 9 17 12:04 PM

mcfan wrote:
mcrespect wrote:

So you're saying that she didn't really want to but sort of had to.. Just no.. 

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Aug 9 17 12:28 PM

I remember when she used to run around on stage dramatically at the end of Subtle Invitation on the Charmbracelet Tour. Make It Happen always used to get her moving a bit too. So much energy! Lately, she just SLOWLY walks around, stands there, or gets carried around.
I always thought it was because of her fall a few years back when she hurt herself. Guessing she doesn't want a repeat of that or is nervous of a similar situation.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#30 [url]

Aug 9 17 12:42 PM

mcrespect wrote:
mcfan wrote:
mcrespect wrote:
I'm just saying that Mariah clearly didn't rehearse for this last Vegas leg. The show didn't need rehearsal, every moment was set in stone and there was nothing to change. 

She's focused on other things and she probably thought the costumes were going to be fine and didn't need to be changed. Wrong, cause they did. These were the final shows, why would they get a new set of costumes for 8 dates? I think they just went with it and she probably wasn't thrilled with the outcome. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#31 [url]

Aug 9 17 1:43 PM

mcfan wrote:
mcrespect wrote:
mcfan wrote:
I'm just saying that Mariah clearly didn't rehearse for this last Vegas leg. The show didn't need rehearsal, every moment was set in stone and there was nothing to change. 

She's focused on other things and she probably thought the costumes were going to be fine and didn't need to be changed. Wrong, cause they did. These were the final shows, why would they get a new set of costumes for 8 dates? I think they just went with it and she probably wasn't thrilled with the outcome. 

Mariah could have worn the dresses from the first Vegas concerts, or from the next year, or anything else she has on her closet. I am sure she has plenty of shiny options to be worn on stage, old and new. Also, she had a new golden bodysuit for It's Like That. She was wearing what she wanted to wear.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Aug 9 17 2:03 PM

Kanye wrote:
It's also interesting to note that she wasn't thin in late 2014, but her confidence was through the roof because her vocals were on fire. So her confidence also depends on the state of her voice. Although it's improved for weeks, I personally don't think she's been sounding amazing lately, not saying that she's sounding like s*** but she's for sure capable of much better.

She had slimmed down a lot for Beacon 14. I don't think she was mega confident looking on the TECS tour despite the improvement in her voice.

I honestly do think her confidence on stage relates to her weight and issues in her personal life more than anything else. I mean we've seen her with confidence lipping for her life like at the Grammys 06. She had plenty confidence in 08 before she got married and became a zombie yet her voice was shot.

I just think it depends on a lot of things. I actually do think she has confidence in her voice at the moment. She's sounding very strong even if her tone isn't as clear as it was last year. She has plenty power and she can rely on her voice. She's standing up to the mic and she's delivering. But her problem is the fact she's so corseted up in those dresses that it makes her appear super stiff.

But it's a vicious circle cause the chances are she might have taken steroids to get her voice in shape which causes weight gain. Who knows what's going on with her though but her voice certainly isn't a concern for me at the moment.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#33 [url]

Aug 9 17 2:29 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
mcfan wrote:
mcrespect wrote:

Mariah could have worn the dresses from the first Vegas concerts, or from the next year, or anything else she has on her closet. I am sure she has plenty of shiny options to be worn on stage, old and new. Also, she had a new golden bodysuit for It's Like That. She was wearing what she wanted to wear.

It's not that easy imo. And didn't the gold bodysuit already appear in August when she first performed "It's Like That" in Vegas?

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#35 [url]

Aug 9 17 3:04 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
Mariah should just ditch the choreography. Like many have said, no one wants to see Mariah dance or be lifted. They want to see her stand there and sang at any weight.

Yeah, she's not comfortable with it and it adds nothing anyway. I'd much rather Mariah be comfortable, focus on other things and put the time / money / effort into better production values. Her tours look shockingly cheap.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#36 [url]

Aug 9 17 3:08 PM

Kevon wrote:

I won't lie though in terms of set up the Lionel tour is absolutely how she should be going from now on if she's not going to have any energy on stage in terms of movement. Just focus on her voice.

Basically, yes. The issue is, I think Mariah needs 'things' around her. Be it dancers or some decent production values as she doesn't always have a powerful or confident stage presence. I still maintain the CB Tour was the absolute perfect approach. Some dancers, some stage production, none of it being too OTT or mega expensive but I think it worked for Mariah, it facilitated her and let her perform.

The one thing Anthony said that struck a chord - she's gone backwards. She has. Her tours have gone back in time, rather than match her legend status.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#37 [url]

Aug 9 17 3:59 PM

mcfan wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
mcfan wrote:

It's not that easy imo. And didn't the gold bodysuit already appear in August when she first performed "It's Like That" in Vegas?

I am almost sure the first time she performed It's Like That she was wearing a sparkling black trench coat with high boots

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 9 17 4:21 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:

I am almost sure the first time she performed It's Like That she was wearing a sparkling black trench coat with high boots

Not a trench coat, it was a short dress with high boots.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Aug 9 17 6:16 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:

Basically, yes. The issue is, I think Mariah needs 'things' around her. Be it dancers or some decent production values as she doesn't always have a powerful or confident stage presence. I still maintain the CB Tour was the absolute perfect approach. Some dancers, some stage production, none of it being too OTT or mega expensive but I think it worked for Mariah, it facilitated her and let her perform.

The one thing Anthony said that struck a chord - she's gone backwards. She has. Her tours have gone back in time, rather than match her legend status.

Everything you said was on point! The thing that made me sad about reading this is that I was hoping Anthony would come back to Team Mariah because I love the Show they put together for the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour and they could take her next Tour for the New Album to the next level. However we know Mariah and when people come out and speak like this it's rare for her to go back and work with them again. The thing is though he is just being real, Mariah is a singer and in today's World to get people interested you have to be an interesting perform not just vocally. They hit a good balance where Mariah didn't have to do much but the stage show was interesting, yes it could have been better but that comes with how much money they have to put into the Tour. I have to say he has alot of good points and I just hope Mariah does see this and see's it as advice from friend who isn't afraid to be real because that's what it is. If she is going to continue to turn a blind eye when her team messes up or has people around her who aren't going to tell her the right changes that need to be made if she wants to keep the Mariah Carey brand untainted then we are gonna see things like New Years, Jamaca and the Tree Lighting performance happen again. Who wants that ? No one and certainly not Mariah.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help