Tags : :

http://bit.ly/2uE9ILK

Last Edited By: ShayneFly Aug 8 17 6:05 PM. Edited 3 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Aug 8 17 6:29 PM

I was impressed with the SSFT videos. He was doing a great job like no other. He wasn't mean on the article so he probably still cares about her. Too bad he is gone.

Quote    Reply   

vinjer

#3 [url]

Aug 8 17 7:11 PM

Well, he is definitely right about her team and their "competence". It's shocking that a star of her caliber has hardly ever had a strong, professional team around her.She only had that in the early SONY years and with Medina and it showed through both periods. As for Medina, our dearest Miss Lopez would hardly have  had half the career had it not been for him which goes to show that with a strong, passionate , professional support even talentless people can have a huge career, so we can only dream where someone  with so much talent like Mariah would be if she had that. 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 8 17 8:00 PM

Why does she HAVE to be part of the dance routine? She never was part of any dance routine prior to "Honey" and she obviously isn't comfortable doing it. She probably resents having to do it.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 8 17 9:44 PM

Right. You build the show around her. A dip here, a lift there is fine. Maybe one little routine like Honey with a little oomph. Otherwise, as much as it sounds bad, dancers for her are just human props for a true vocalist. She's already probably got so much running through her head, where she needs to be physically and on what beat in every second song isn't her thing and never has been. And she's done just fine with that before. Just let her roam around the stage as she pleases and let her get into the song/performance, not the routine.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 8 17 10:05 PM

Sadly I agree with him. I mean I do not expect Mariah o dance at all, but Mimi these days just looks sad when she performs. I just want her to be happy. I just don't see happieness in her eyes. "she smiles through thousand tears" The Stella era (whether its her doing or not) has not been a happy one.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 8 17 11:08 PM

She does not give a F*** - True that. Its frustrating at times for me to see her production value that she exhibits is just of low quality. I wish i could be part of the team and present her of artistic options (visually) in which she can comfortable but at the same time give a delight to fans and the general public.

www.k-e-i-t-h.deviantart.com / www.instagram.com/drawingkeith

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#8 [url]

Aug 9 17 2:55 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
Right. You build the show around her. A dip here, a lift there is fine. Maybe one little routine like Honey with a little oomph. Otherwise, as much as it sounds bad, dancers for her are just human props for a true vocalist. She's already probably got so much running through her head, where she needs to be physically and on what beat in every second song isn't her thing and never has been. And she's done just fine with that before. Just let her roam around the stage as she pleases and let her get into the song/performance, not the routine.

This.
Anthony can have a seat or sit on it. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 9 17 3:34 AM

I completely agree with him. Mariah's world captured the I competence of her team and Mariah's lack of touring knowledge. She'll never be successful as a touring artist if she continues to have viral videos of her half-ass performances. I saw her in videos days prior to the honey clip going viral and everyone in my circle of friends was asking me if she was truly that horrible. She's not respected by the general public as the vocal powerhouse she still is and it's a shame. She needs to take a break and regroup or this next project is going to add to her list of failures.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#10 [url]

Aug 9 17 4:07 AM

She just shouldn't do choreography at all imo. I highly doubt anyone going to a Mariah show is expecting a dance show, everyone knows from her videos she's not a dancer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#11 [url]

Aug 9 17 4:35 AM

Is anyone else having trouble viewing the video? It shows some old interview of her and when you click on the video link at the bottom to the right one it just plays the same old interview.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#13 [url]

Aug 9 17 5:45 AM

He did do a good job of getting her out of her comfort zone on the SSFT tour. Low budget as it was it seemed like they were putting on a show.

But I think the main problem is her weight or whatever else is going on that is making her about as stiff as a slab of concrete. She seems unable to really move at the moment, possibly down to being strung into so many garments that look uncomfortable as hell. I just don't understand why no one is telling her to just ditch the "choreo" all together. She clearly doesn't want to do it.

I think Mariah is completely isolated in her world. It must be hard for her to know what works and what doesn't if her team just say "You're amazing!" to everything she does.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 9 17 8:26 AM

^ 100% agreed. I'm not saying she needs to loose weight but she definitely looks way more comfortable on stage whenever she's thinner and the SSFT happened after she dropped a lot of weight. Had she been still at her 2015 weight last year, I highly doubt the energy she showed on tour and Vegas in June would have been the same.

She didn't revamp the Vegas show this year and the routine was all the same so I don't see why the problem would solely be that she's misguided. She literally had to do the same thing but the energy was completely gone cause she probably doesn't feel as confident as she was last summer, physically and vocally.

Quote    Reply   

mcrespect

#16 [url]

Aug 9 17 9:17 AM

Well, he has worked with Mariah for 4 years and I'm sure he has seen things from the inside so I believe what he says about her team. Besides, haven't we also been arguing about it? I don't know what saddens me the most.. That at this point everyone can easily take a dig at Mariah or that she is surrounded by people who are not doing their job right and have contributed to this mess..

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#17 [url]

Aug 9 17 9:32 AM

If he had worked with Mariah for 4 years, then why did Mariah give the same amount of f*cks on the Chanteuse Tour las this last Vegas leg?

It's all about how confident she is with her body. She was bigger in 2014, 2015 and now. Let's compare the amount of frolicking around the stage.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#18 [url]

Aug 9 17 9:49 AM

Exactly. It all relies on her confidence, which relies on how she feels about her body/weight at the time.

The Honey choreo was just as bad and awkward when she started Vegas. Who's watch was that under?

Quote    Reply   

mcrespect

#20 [url]

Aug 9 17 10:09 AM

If she doesn't feel confident, then why does she keep wearing these bodysuits which are not flattering at all? She should have covered up instead of baring it all..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help