Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jul 27 17 8:52 PM

Also can we talk about how cute this movie looks ? I'm actually really excited about the movie it's self and I'm hoping the song is mass appeal so it gets the proper push when the movie is out cause this looks like a hit.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#42 [url]

Jul 28 17 9:00 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
It won't be anything like 'Bye Bye' or that awful '100%' (thank God that wasn't in Precious!) because this is Marc Shaiman, a real musician. Liron wouldn't praise it like that if it wasn't special- she wasn't fond of 'You're Mine' for example and was open about it. I just hope the vocals are good and not overproduced/awkward.

She thought Triumphant was the best thing ever though smiley: laugh I know what you mean though, this will be bringing real christmas magic with lush orchestral instrumentation if Marc is involved.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#43 [url]

Jul 28 17 10:23 AM

Actually the one thing I'm iffy about and anticipating to hear on this song is her vocal performance. I know arrangement-wise it's gonna be stellar given who is involved, not to mention that Mariah is an excellent songwriter and I just know she will have delivered a beautiful melody and lyrics, especially now that she wrote it with an actual musician (imagine if this had been written with someone like Cri$tyle - yuk!). But vocally? Hmmm... Given where her voice was at when this was apparently recorded, I'm not super hopeful... But we'll see. At the very least, if the song doesn't have those big, sweeping vocals like "Supernatural" or "Almost Home," I hope she doesn't process what she's laid down too much.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#44 [url]

Jul 28 17 10:26 AM

^The song might not even be finished. And Mariah goes in over and over to perfect things. As Mario said hopefully it won't be a Minnie Mouse Mess.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#45 [url]

Jul 28 17 10:30 AM

Kevon wrote:
^The song might not even be finished. And Mariah goes in over and over to perfect things. As Mario said hopefully it won't be a Minnie Mouse Mess.

Yes, the vocals are the last part. Her nephew talked about some new music and his favorite track a few weeks/months ago, and none of them had any Mariah vocals yet. Liron also has deleted her tweet, indicating it was probably too soon to reveal the collaboration, and there was no preview on the trailer. So hopefully she has not recorded the vocals in May.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jul 28 17 11:06 AM

Kevon wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
It won't be anything like 'Bye Bye' or that awful '100%' (thank God that wasn't in Precious!) because this is Marc Shaiman, a real musician. Liron wouldn't praise it like that if it wasn't special- she wasn't fond of 'You're Mine' for example and was open about it. I just hope the vocals are good and not overproduced/awkward.

She thought Triumphant was the best thing ever though smiley: laugh I know what you mean though, this will be bringing real christmas magic with lush orchestral instrumentation if Marc is involved.
I've turned a corner on Triumphant -- I actually like it a lot. If it had been promoted as an IKWYW-type feature, I think a lot more people would have embraced it. No one should have ever made it seem like it was a "Mariah first single".

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#48 [url]

Jul 28 17 11:20 AM

Triumphant has a really great bridge (love how she sings "baby still know who you are"). The rest is so-so. It would've been fine as an album track.

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#49 [url]

Jul 28 17 11:27 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Triumphant has a really great bridge (love how she sings "baby still know who you are"). The rest is so-so. It would've been fine as an album track.
!!!!!!!!!!  That's my favorite part too, and she sounds so, SO beautiful when she sings that lyric. Her tone, her timbre... There will never be another! <3 :'(

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#50 [url]

Jul 28 17 11:34 AM

Triumphant signalled the return of her interest in the intricacies, layers, BV's etc that weren't as pronounced as on E=MC2 and on a lot of Memoirs. The melody is great and her adlibs are fire. My main issue is the weirdly mixed chorus.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#52 [url]

Jul 28 17 11:44 AM

Migrate90 wrote:
Actually the one thing I'm iffy about and anticipating to hear on this song is her vocal performance. I know arrangement-wise it's gonna be stellar given who is involved, not to mention that Mariah is an excellent songwriter and I just know she will have delivered a beautiful melody and lyrics, especially now that she wrote it with an actual musician (imagine if this had been written with someone like Cri$tyle - yuk!). But vocally? Hmmm... Given where her voice was at when this was apparently recorded, I'm not super hopeful... But we'll see. At the very least, if the song doesn't have those big, sweeping vocals like "Supernatural" or "Almost Home," I hope she doesn't process what she's laid down too much.

Cri$tyle is an excellent songwriter and was co-responsible for one of her biggest hits though... 
I doubt they would collaborate on a Christmas themed song together anyways. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#54 [url]

Jul 30 17 10:43 AM

On one hand, I'm thrilled with this news about the song and all, on the other hand the excitement is killing me!!! The holiday season is months away, the wait will be torture. If only she had allowed a very short snippet or something to be inlcuded on the trailer... 😢

Speaking of, I've read a bunch of articles reporting this and they all cite the song on the trailer (which is the Stevie Wonder song) as Mariah's "The Star"! LMAO! I hope people don't think the track sucks judging by what's being played on the trailer.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#55 [url]

Jul 30 17 12:22 PM

Migrate90 wrote:
On one hand, I'm thrilled with this news about the song and all, on the other hand the excitement is killing me!!! The holiday season is months away, the wait will be torture. If only she had allowed a very short snippet or something to be inlcuded on the trailer... 😢

Speaking of, I've read a bunch of articles reporting this and they all cite the song on the trailer (which is the Stevie Wonder song) as Mariah's "The Star"! LMAO! I hope people don't think the track sucks judging by what's being played on the trailer.

I am glad we got the news about the song. We have been complaining for months that Mariah is involved in so so projects like the Dead Sea cosmetics and nothing big or related to music. We finally got what we wanted, there is music and there is a project worth of her status

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jul 30 17 12:45 PM

The Movie is out in November. If this song is going to be used to promote the movie then it might get released 3-4 weeks before the movie so we could expect to hear this early to mid October. Only two months away. Genuinely not that long in the Mariah Carey concept of time. Lol

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Aug 2 17 7:35 PM

Super premature and who knows if the song is even worthy, but aren't the Golden Globes part of Dick Clark Productions? Unless amends have been made between Mariah/Team and Dick Clark Productions, I can't imagine Mariah being nominated or attending the Golden Globes.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help