Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jul 13 17 11:15 AM

I wish I could love the album as much as you guys.I think it's a good album, decent especially due to "You Don't Know What To Do", "Meteorite", "Dedicated". But that's it. I feel her vocals on some songs make it less likable for me. And those remakes make it all worst.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#22 [url]

Jul 13 17 12:05 PM

It's better than EMC2 and Memoirs but I never felt it was one of her best albums. Particularly because of the vocals. There's no single song with a standout vocal, most are just okay, and then some are just downright bad. I do love Make it Look Good, Beautiful, You Dont Know What, Money, and Cry and listen to them still. I like Faded, Supernatural, Meteorite, and Dedicated but I rarely listen to them anymore. I don't like Thirsty, Camouflage, You're Mine, One More Try, or Heavenly.

Quote    Reply   

OohoneyrainoO

#23 [url]

Aug 2 17 7:19 PM

I actually love this album a teeny bit more than TEOM and definitely more than anything she's released since them. TEOM of course had the stand out singles but I enjoy MIAM more as a body of work. I really only skip 2 tracks...Cry and Supernatural. They aren't bad songs, they just drag and the melodies aren't as strong. But Faded and Dedicated are just dripping with R&B goodness. And I love all the vocals.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#25 [url]

Aug 3 17 8:11 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
. There's no single song with a standout vocal, most are just okay, and then some are just downright bad. 

True. The vocals on the album are all generally just okay (and in some cases, like the covers, just terrible). The production / songwriting is by far the star on MIAM, not the vocals. 

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#26 [url]

Aug 3 17 11:22 AM

Why do people say that MIAM vocals are just alright? I've seen this criticism on places outside of this forum as well. I just don't get it.

You Don't Know What To Do
Meteorite
Supernatural

^^^ those three destroy MOAIA and E=MC² combined. Not to mention that MIAM, may be not be like TEOM where she's belting screaming her head off, but is basically all full voice throughout... it has barely any whispery vocals. Even MCIIY has more of that breathy mess (in fact that album has a lot of that).

Only the two covers and "Money" have vocals that are problematic. Three out of fourteen songs...

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 3 17 2:22 PM

The vocals kill a lot of the songs for me. There are some highlights, but overall, they just sound overprocessed and unnatural. I hope the next album has less of that.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#30 [url]

Aug 3 17 5:13 PM

I love YDKWTD but I don't think of it as some amazing vocal performance. I love it bc of its vibe

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Aug 3 17 7:02 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
I love YDKWTD but I don't think of it as some amazing vocal performance. I love it bc of its vibe
She doesn't necessarily do any huge complex belting runs or anything, but her full voice sounds rich and beautiful and youthful as if it was off an album from the 90s. When I played this song for some friends they all commented "wow she sounds amazing" and they haven't necessarily said that about a lot of her post-90's stuff smiley: wink IMO Meteorite, Supernatural, and #B all have terrific vocal performances, better than anything since TEOM for sure.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#33 [url]

Aug 7 17 9:01 AM

Migrate90 wrote:
Why do people say that MIAM vocals are just alright? I've seen this criticism on places outside of this forum as well. I just don't get it.

Because its perfectly fine but not 'wow' vocals? 

Indeed, I can't think of a single vocal moment on the album that blew me away or sticks in my head. There isn't anything wrong with that, its a totally solid and impressive enough vocal but MIAM will never go down as one of her defining, memorable vocal deliveries. Bear in mind as well the album features those two covers which are shockingly sung, which I guess can tarnish people's overall impression.   

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#34 [url]

Aug 7 17 9:38 AM

Memorable vocal moments:

- "Supernatural" climax
- "Camouflage" climax
- FADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
- "The Bible said the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who will trust his Spirit!"

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 7 17 6:12 PM

^continuation:

- ''Look at what you got me going through, CAN'T HELP MYSELF BECAUSE youuu...'' and the subsequent ''MAKE IT LOOK GOOD''
- ''Don't stop till you thrill me, oh how you thrill me'' and the whistles in the end

__    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __

Charmbracelet is my favorite MC album. DEAL WIT IT

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#38 [url]

Aug 12 17 8:46 AM

mcfan wrote:
Memorable vocal moments:

- "Supernatural" climax
- "Camouflage" climax
- "The Bible said the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who will trust his Spirit!"

"Saves those who will trust his spirit"?? I always thought it was "and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#39 [url]

Aug 12 17 9:10 AM

matty tat tat wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Memorable vocal moments:

- "Supernatural" climax
- "Camouflage" climax

"Saves those who will trust his spirit"?? I always thought it was "and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
smiley: rollYeah you're right. It's a "can't forget the semen" situation

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#40 [url]

That belted run on Meteorite slays my soul

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help