Remove this ad

kittykow105

B!tch, don't kill my vibe...

Lead

Jun 28 17 9:43 AM

Tags : :

Whoever keeps getting these stems are playing with us now.

Last Edited By: kittykow105 Jul 6 17 11:31 PM. Edited 3 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#3 [url]

Jun 28 17 11:06 AM

This is apparently not just the song with backgrounds taken out bc that last part "OH YEAH E YEAHHHH" is not on the record at all. The first part may be buried beneath the layers and backgrounds but the last run is def not on the song itself, it must've been cut

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#5 [url]

Jun 28 17 12:14 PM

Yeah I don't hear that belted "YEAH III YEAAAAH" on the album version at all, it's done in her whisper register there. So cool! I kinda wish now she wouldn't have buried/made the vocal nasal like she did on the album version!

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 28 17 1:15 PM

I'm obsessed with this clip.

I love her background vocals, but hearing these vocals without anyhting on top is just too much! Having a more simple production makes it sound more like Bossa Nova, I'm really enjoying this, have this on loop!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 28 17 1:46 PM

I loved it!!!!

I really love her background vocals and her creativity with all those layerings that only her can do it so beautifully. Having said that, these layers kind of overshadow the power of her voice and it's difficult to replicate them live and sing along.

I think that We Belong Together was a success because of that. Her voice stands out, moderate layers so people can understand what she's saying, consequently can sing along etc.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#10 [url]

Jun 28 17 1:52 PM

The perfect combo would've been to keep the beautiful background harmonies BUT let the belting be front and center like this and not bury it. The nasal bridge kind of threw me off the first couple of times I heard it until I got used to it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jun 28 17 2:58 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
The perfect combo would've been to keep the beautiful background harmonies BUT let the belting be front and center like this and not bury it. The nasal bridge kind of threw me off the first couple of times I heard it until I got used to it.

Tha nasal bridge is there on the album version. It's the background vocals that obfuscate them. That's why I have never agreed that Fourth of July was one of the first songs she recorded. Her voice is nasal and thin but somewhat powerful, soulful. That's why I love Butterfly era vocals because they are raw.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#13 [url]

Jun 28 17 3:22 PM

Goathi wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

Tha nasal bridge is there on the album version. It's the background vocals that obfuscate them. That's why I have never agreed that Fourth of July was one of the first songs she recorded. Her voice is nasal and thin but somewhat powerful, soulful. That's why I love Butterfly era vocals because they are raw.

That's what I'm saying, the album version bridge sounds nasal/muffled compared to this. But I believe that was a stylistic choice on her part because the whisper is still super clear and high, like her DD vocals.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 28 17 6:11 PM

I want more of everything. I want this for Daydream layers as well, the vocals on that album are something else.

See, I'd be content with Mariah going into a phase of promoting her old peak stuff in this way and not even new music. Leaked stems for people to remix and see the glory of her peak work, leaked old performances, etc etc. She has 25+ years of (in many ways underrated) stuff to highlight

Quote    Reply   

kittykow105

#18 [url]

Jun 29 17 10:46 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
^What do you mean 'easily'? How do we know these weren't leaked from someone inside Sony or whatever?
I mean I need someone to get their hackerating skills on. smiley: laugh  If someone is leaking them from Sony, how are random producers (like that 16 year old who made the OSD remix) getting the stems and no one else?  It just seems a bit odd.  

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 29 17 2:53 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
^What do you mean 'easily'? How do we know these weren't leaked from someone inside Sony or whatever?
I mean I need someone to get their hackerating skills on. smiley: laugh  If someone is leaking them from Sony, how are random producers (like that 16 year old who made the OSD remix) getting the stems and no one else?  It just seems a bit odd.  

I don't understand why it matters who finds it or leaks it first?  It's cool how stuff pops up every now and then so just enjoy it.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 29 17 3:49 PM

CoryCoolDangerous wrote:
These are not the vocals from the record. The entire thing is some kind of alternate take. Not just the end. Go back and compare it very closely.

It is. It was just cut out from the finale song.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help