Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

Lead

Jun 9 17 10:02 AM

Tags : :

Taylor Swift Working on New Songs 'Around the Clock': Report (Billboard)
If it feels like you haven't seen or heard much from Taylor Swift lately it's because she's reportedly hunkered down in Nashville working on new songs for her next album, according to a report from E! News. It's been three years Swift she released her smash 1989 album, one of the longest breaks between release since she dropped her self-titled debut in 2006.

An unnamed source told E! that Taylor has been "writing and recording her new album in Nashville for the last several months," which might explain why the singer has been laying low on social media for a bit. "She has been working on it around the clock and will be making an announcement soon. She is really excited about her new music and can't wait to share it with her fans." A spokesperson for Swift could not be reached for comment at press time.

There have been no clues as to when a new untitled album might drop, but the insider stressed that Swift has been "entirely focused on that and not much else. She has been 100 percent dedicated to making music the last few months and that's it." She did, however, come up for air on Wednesday night (May 3) to give props to her friends in Haim for their new song "Want You Back," captioning an Instagram, "On. Repeat. Til. The. End. Of Time." She paused listening to the song at 0:13, of course.

That 'gram came more than a month after she co-signed a new track by another core squad member, Lorde, saying she had to "make up an interpretive dance" to the New Zealand singer's hit single "Green Light."

vY9n7ia.jpg

YEAAAAAAH TAYLOR PUT HER ALBUMS ON STREAMING

giphy.giftenor.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jun 9 17 10:11 AM

I think she is going to be very big this time around (even bigger than ever before). There's too much at stake now that the feud with Katy Perry is on. She and her team will calculate this release to the millimeter to secure it is huge.

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#3 [url]

Jun 9 17 10:16 AM

Hakeem wrote:
I think she is going to be very big this time around (even bigger than ever before). There's too much at stake now that the feud with Katy Perry is on. She and her team will calculate this release to the millimeter to secure it is huge.

I think it is almost impossible to replicate 1989's success, but she can have another really big era. The most important aspect is always the music, so as long as Taylor has that, she is going to be big.
Any drama with Katy Perry, Calvin Harris or whoelse is a lot of fun to watch but doesn't translate into success

Last Edited By: Brazilian X Man Jun 9 17 10:19 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#4 [url]

Jun 9 17 10:39 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Hakeem wrote:

I think it is almost impossible to replicate 1989's success, but she can have another really big era. 

She absolutely can. 1989 was almost really her debut for the pop market and really the global market. She's actually still very new therefore to a vast majority of the world, so I don't there's exhaustion at this stage with her music. Plus, her team are pretty brilliant and amazingly coordinated.  

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#5 [url]

Jun 9 17 11:26 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
Hakeem wrote:

I think it is almost impossible to replicate 1989's success, but she can have another really big era. 

She absolutely can. 1989 was almost really her debut for the pop market and really the global market. She's actually still very new therefore to a vast majority of the world, so I don't there's exhaustion at this stage with her music. Plus, her team are pretty brilliant and amazingly coordinated.  

I think her pop debut was "Red" actually. There were some country songs on the mix, but a lot was pure Pop. The first single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is a pop song co-produced by Max Martin and Shellback and went to #1 on the Hot 100. The third single was also a pop song co-produced by Max Martin and Shellback, "I Knew You Were Trouble" and peaked at #2 on the Hot 100. Then "22" didn't repeat the same success, but it is also a pop song produced by the same team of people.

With "1989" she went further on the Pop road and the album had no Country songs, but it wasn't her Pop debut.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6 [url]

Jun 9 17 5:05 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:

I think her pop debut was "Red" actually.

Hence my "almost" part.

Anyway, Red was still inbetween pop/country and it wasn't the success 1989 was internationally. Red was definitely the beginning of her stepping into global markets and pop, absolutely, but it was in a softer way but it wasn't until 1989 that she fully did both and become a legitimate popstar and A-lister around the world. So she's still actually a pretty new force on the music scene to those of us outside America.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 9 17 6:22 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

Hence my "almost" part.

Anyway, Red was still inbetween pop/country and it wasn't the success 1989 was internationally. Red was definitely the beginning of her stepping into global markets and pop, absolutely, but it was in a softer way but it wasn't until 1989 that she fully did both and become a legitimate popstar and A-lister around the world. So she's still actually a pretty new force on the music scene to those of us outside America.

This is true, I'm from Peru and I know the only songs from US acts that get played here (and in Latin America in general) are bonified pop mega hits. We just got "I Knew You Were Trouble" from "Red" (they played "You Belong With Me" from "Fearless" before that one), but radio played the hell out of all the 1989 singles here.

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#9 [url]

Jun 9 17 6:33 PM

Hakeem wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:

Hence my "almost" part.

This is true, I'm from Peru and I know the only songs from US acts that get played here (and in Latin America in general) are bonified pop mega hits. We just got "I Knew You Were Trouble" from "Red" (they played "You Belong With Me" from "Fearless" before that one), but radio played the hell out of all the 1989 singles here.

Its funny because Taylor has been a big star for a long time in American but outside of Love Story, she was a totally cult artist outside the States until Red. Even on here, a lot of people who weren't in America would ask is Taylor really that big in the US? smiley: laugh It was just impossible for us to imagine as her profile was so low.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#10 [url]

Jun 9 17 7:44 PM

Love Story and You Belong With Me (especially YBWM) were big here in Brazil, but she was not a big name until Red. I remember her promoting that album on TV shows here.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#12 [url]

Jun 10 17 9:21 PM

Oh, and I truly despise her If that wasn't clear from me quoting Mario. I find her everything that's wrong with the world. Her and her arch-enemies Kim and Kanye.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#13 [url]

Jun 11 17 8:31 AM

Hopefully Kim K has some more tea about her that she can spill to seal the deal on her being a snake ass b*tch. Can't stand her phony attention wh0re ass.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#14 [url]

Jun 11 17 11:05 AM

right......

Anyway, like I've read somewhere else, this is the petty level I aspire to be ❤😍🐍

I've never listened to the 1989 album, and I have to give it to her: it's very strong, loved it after s couple of listens. Still addicted to Out Of The Woods, brilliantly written and produced.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 11 17 1:26 PM

While I understand that globally Taylor might feel like a "newer" artist, it is not the case at all in the US. She's been really famous and prolific for many years, and I felt like in terms of public opinion, the tide was turning with the last era. And I'm going to repeat what I said before in that in my opinion only: Taylor needs to be careful in this next era.

I feel like enough people:

- Are sick of her "kissing and telling" in her music
- Are sick of her fake squad (that occasionally acts like her mouthpiece)
- Are sick of her always playing the victim
- Think she is entitled, petty, and ungrateful (see her look of disappointment when she doesn't win awards, her sour Grammy Album of the Year speech, her not taking light jokes about herself well [Amy Poehler and Tina Fey])
- Think she was very overexposed by the end of 1989

Does that mean I think she's going to flop with her next album? Of course not. I think she's been smart to lay low for quite some time, and give people that break. Her album cycle probably should have been 2016, basing on the fact that her 5 studio albums were released in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2014.

Taylor is very calculated and her team is on point, so I'd imagine they will rein back some of the issues mentioned above. Her fan base is loyal and her last album was massive (and IMO deservedly so), but we've all seen how quick things can change for even the most successful artists.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#18 [url]

Jun 11 17 1:58 PM

^^ she's going to have her Born This Way / Prism / E=Mc2 album, with her #1 comeback song (I don't count that OST duet with Zayn). It's the album after that is going to be interesting to follow.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#19 [url]

Jun 12 17 7:06 AM

seanjonmc wrote:
While I understand that globally Taylor might feel like a "newer" artist, it is not the case at all in the US. She's been really famous and prolific for many years, and I felt like in terms of public opinion, the tide was turning with the last era. And I'm going to repeat what I said before in that in my opinion only: Taylor needs to be careful in this next era.

I feel like enough people:

- Are sick of her "kissing and telling" in her music
- Are sick of her fake squad (that occasionally acts like her mouthpiece)
- Are sick of her always playing the victim
- Think she is entitled, petty, and ungrateful (see her look of disappointment when she doesn't win awards, her sour Grammy Album of the Year speech, her not taking light jokes about herself well [Amy Poehler and Tina Fey])
- Think she was very overexposed by the end of 1989

Generally, I agree on all the above. People are definitely seeing that she's got a spoilt mean, alpha female side to her yet loves to play victim. 

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#20 [url]

Jun 12 17 8:29 AM

I am not sure the general public cares that much. If she flops big with her music yes, then all these bricks will be thrown at her. Otherwise, if she has a slow decline, we won't see that.

People on music boards discuss and obsesses about things that the general public ignores. Jennifer Lopez stealing songs, Beyoncé stealing songwriting credits, song and stage production credits and God knows what else and yet the GP has never turned their backs on them because of those fair reasons.

Why does Taylor has to bomb while others don't?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help