Remove this ad

Lead

May 12 17 8:26 PM

Tags : :

Mariah Carey is being lined up as a replacement for Nicole Scherzinger on The X Factor , the Mirror can exclusively reveal.

Producers have opened up talks with the superstar to be a judge on the hit ITV show, as Nicole is stalling over signing a new contract.

The former Pussycat Doll, who infuriated Andrew Lloyd Webber by pulling out of a Broadway show to join the panel last year, is the only judge not to have agreed a new deal.

With filming on the ITV series due to start next month, show bosses have approached Carey , 47, who is one of the best-selling artists of all time.

The American diva – who has previously guest-judged on American Idol in the US – is said to be “really keen”.

A source said: “Mariah really wants to do it. Nicole is not committing at the moment, although she did meet up with Simon Cowell this week.”

Earlier this week Louis Walsh revealed he, Sharon Osbourne and supremo Cowell were all confirmed as judges, but that Nicole, 38, was yet to commit because of a film offer.

He said: “I hope everyone is on board this year, but I have heard Nicole has not signed. She might be getting a big movie like Wicked.”

If Nicole leaves and Mariah doesn’t work out, it’s thought Mel B might return. Louis said: “Mel B’s done it before, so would be good, and she’s currently on the US show with Simon.”

An X Factor spokesman said: “No formal decision has yet been made regarding the full judging panel for The X Factor 2017.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-bosses-secret-talks-10412152

(I know, I know but let's discuss anyway) smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#5 [url]

May 13 17 7:51 AM

I think someone here has mentioned before that the X Factor producers don't have enough money to pay someone like Mariah. Obviously someone like Mel B and Nicole cost waaaaaay less than an actual star.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#6 [url]

May 13 17 9:03 AM

I don't know why either the producers or Mariah would want to do this - Mariah wasn't a good judge for the most part, it didn't do anything for Idol's ratings and Mariah had a terrible time

If she sorted herself out and really committed to it, and toned down the diva OTT, it might help with her reputation in the UK, but she would have to bring fun Mariah and not rambling Mariah - maybe she would get more into it if there wasn't all the tension with another female judge! How many judges are normally on X-Factor - she might consider it if it was the original plan of her and two males

I wouldn't say this would be possible normally - but then again, since Stella I never thought we would get her to do a cheesy reality show

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#7 [url]

May 13 17 9:38 AM

Kevon wrote:
I don't know why either the producers or Mariah would want to do this - Mariah wasn't a good judge for the most part, it didn't do anything for Idol's ratings and Mariah had a terrible time

If she sorted herself out and really committed to it, and toned down the diva OTT, it might help with her reputation in the UK, but she would have to bring fun Mariah and not rambling Mariah - maybe she would get more into it if there wasn't all the tension with another female judge! How many judges are normally on X-Factor - she might consider it if it was the original plan of her and two males

I wouldn't say this would be possible normally - but then again, since Stella I never thought we would get her to do a cheesy reality show

I don't follow Mariah on Instagram, but some fans were saying that Stella invited some LA plastic surgeons to the I Don't listening party, then one of them tagged Mariah and Stella on something else. Yesterday Mariah was photographed outside a clinic for cosmetic procedures. Not that I am shocked that Mariah does these things, but she has enough money to not tag plastic surgeons on her IG posts and she had never done it before. Must be Stella's idea.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 13 17 10:11 AM

Kevon wrote:

I imagine she would be one of two females, the other being Sharon Osbourne but they seem to get a long.....for now smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 13 17 6:15 PM

Nah I can't go through this again. No thanks! But I'll take the album

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

May 13 17 6:25 PM

RE:

ShayneFly wrote:
Kevon wrote:I don't know why either the producers or Mariah would want to do this - Mariah wasn't a good judge for the most part, it didn't do anything for Idol's ratings and Mariah had a terrible time

I imagine she would be one of two females, the other being Sharon Osbourne but they seem to get a long.....for now image

Uh the issue with that woman on American idol wasn't because she's a woman, so stop.
Also, I don't know why people try to harp on that nonsense but don't say anything about that same woman ONLY fighting with Mariah specifically when Keith and Randy both checked her and she had nothing to say. She picked a fight with Mariah instead, hmm......

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#12 [url]

May 13 17 8:29 PM

I don't think Mariah would've cared if she wasn't the only woman on the idol panel. It was nicki in particular who she thought was unqualified and a joke. If the judge had been like Carole king or someone I don't think she would've minded.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 15 17 8:39 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:

I don't follow Mariah on Instagram, but some fans were saying that Stella invited some LA plastic surgeons to the I Don't listening party, then one of them tagged Mariah and Stella on something else. Yesterday Mariah was photographed outside a clinic for cosmetic procedures. Not that I am shocked that Mariah does these things, but she has enough money to not tag plastic surgeons on her IG posts and she had never done it before. Must be Stella's idea.
I confirm this. I was checkin out Stella or Mishka IG posts and in one of them she was openly thanking this doctor for keeping her young and fresh or something like that, so  I ended up on the Instagram profile of this famous plastic surgeon of Beverly Hills and noticed he was plugging "I don't" a lot in his posts and, most of all, he was posting closeups of Mariah at the LEGO Batman movie premiere, commenting how good she looked. Considering his profile is mainly promotional, I got the message "look at how stunning she looks: I did this to her face!"  It was VERY weird for a star of mariah's calibre.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

May 15 17 9:07 PM

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be thrilled to see Mariah on tv every week again

Also you know she would get herself #snatched (even moreso than she already is)

Question tho -- does XFactor UK show on tv in the US? Does it have any impact?

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

May 16 17 11:07 PM

nicodenico wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:

I confirm this. I was checkin out Stella or Mishka IG posts and in one of them she was openly thanking this doctor for keeping her young and fresh or something like that, so  I ended up on the Instagram profile of this famous plastic surgeon of Beverly Hills and noticed he was plugging "I don't" a lot in his posts and, most of all, he was posting closeups of Mariah at the LEGO Batman movie premiere, commenting how good she looked. Considering his profile is mainly promotional, I got the message "look at how stunning she looks: I did this to her face!"  It was VERY weird for a star of mariah's calibre.

Wow that's kind of weird. Link please? Or at least the doctor's instagram username?

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#17 [url]

May 17 17 3:20 AM

That's so RH of her. Honestly I bet next we're going to see Mariah sign up for the real housewives of NYC

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#19 [url]

May 17 17 9:02 AM

jamiclever wrote:

Question tho -- does XFactor UK show on tv in the US? Does it have any impact?

No. They showed the USA version in the UK on ITV2 though.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#20 [url]

May 17 17 9:15 AM

nicodenico wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:

Stella is tacky. She must think that what is ok for some random reality show star, is ok for Mariah.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help