Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

'Showing receipts and offering seats'

Lead

May 11 17 1:26 PM

Tags : :

Petals has been remastered (from the blurb it makes it out like it was the original engineer), it's piano based and only has the lead vocal

Her voice sounds so clear on it - it overcomes that problem that plagued the Rainbow album with poor mixing!

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#2 [url]

May 11 17 1:53 PM

Yeah me too, not that I am complaining - really random ones you wouldn't expect like Underneath The Stars and Make It Happen

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3 [url]

May 11 17 2:05 PM

I wish they had kept the original production and bg vocals.

Is it weird that I started singing the adlibs of the album version at the end? #stan

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#5 [url]

May 11 17 2:15 PM

I did the 'You're gonna make it baby' in the second verse as well, not even sorry about it

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#6 [url]

May 11 17 2:18 PM

Beautiful version. Mariah's vocals are great and raw on this and they really shine without the background vocals

However, I am not sure about this being remastered. I think some people are simply using an Adobe program to isolate vocals, isolate instrumentals and are playing around with what we already got.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#7 [url]

May 11 17 2:25 PM

I know they used to do that but you could always tell you could hear skewed bits of the instrumental in the background

I dunno, it's so crisp, I don't understand how a piece of software could perfectly extract one vocal layer with no loss to the quality or hint of anything else in the software, I don't think that technology exists otherwise we'd have acapellas of all of them

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#8 [url]

May 11 17 2:27 PM

Kevon wrote:
Me too, filling in those gaps of the missing layers laugh.gif
Kevon wrote:
I did the 'You're gonna make it baby' in the second verse as well, not even sorry about it
Risultati immagini

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#9 [url]

May 11 17 3:06 PM

OMG! I got so much life from this!!!! The guy that does all of those remixes and posts a lot of the YT videos must be different from the one that actually has access to all of the stems, because I asked him directly if he had anything from the Butterfly or Rainbow era and if could do a remix from one of them next and he said he'd love to but he didn't have anything. I know there are stems from Fantasy floating around, but I missed them while they were up.

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,139 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#10 [url]

May 11 17 3:41 PM

Beautiful, thanks for sharing

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#11 [url]

May 11 17 7:07 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
OMG! I got so much life from this!!!! The guy that does all of those remixes and posts a lot of the YT videos must be different from the one that actually has access to all of the stems, because I asked him directly if he had anything from the Butterfly or Rainbow era and if could do a remix from one of them next and he said he'd love to but he didn't have anything. I know there are stems from Fantasy floating around, but I missed them while they were up. frown.gif

I'll die happy the day all the vocal tracks from The Roof leak

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#12 [url]

May 11 17 7:12 PM

I love Mariah's layering but it really is nice to hear that main vocal with just a piano behind, the melody of the song alone has breathed new life into this song for me

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 12 17 5:00 AM

Kevon wrote:
I know they used to do that but you could always tell you could hear skewed bits of the instrumental in the background

I dunno, it's so crisp, I don't understand how a piece of software could perfectly extract one vocal layer with no loss to the quality or hint of anything else in the software, I don't think that technology exists otherwise we'd have acapellas of all of them

I can 100% confirm that this version was done with the official stems, not with isolated vocals & instrumental from the album version. And it was actually mixed in a real studio. There's no way you can do that with pre-mixed & mastered tracks, it's literally impossible.

Last Edited By: Kanye May 12 17 5:40 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#14 [url]

May 12 17 5:59 AM

Thought so - I wonder how people are getting a hold of all these instrumentals/who is leaking them

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#15 [url]

May 12 17 9:08 AM

Kevon wrote:
I love Mariah's layering but it really is nice to hear that main vocal with just a piano behind, the melody of the song alone has breathed new life into this song for me

I agree. Her background vocals are great on this, but it is sublime to only have the main vocals on this version.

Quote    Reply   

kittykow105

#16 [url]

May 12 17 1:22 PM

Kanye wrote:
Kevon wrote:

I can 100% confirm that this version was done with the official stems, not with isolated vocals & instrumental from the album version. And it was actually mixed in a real studio. There's no way you can do that with pre-mixed & mastered tracks, it's literally impossible.
I reached out to the engineer who produced this new version, as well as the AYNAF remixes we got last year.  He didn't respond, but it says he read my message.  I was hoping we could get insight into if there were more stems he's working with. 

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#17 [url]

May 12 17 1:26 PM

Queen will be on the bathroom floor in TEARS if she hears that someone took her precious "Petals" and threw all its BGV stems into the dirt.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#18 [url]

May 12 17 1:27 PM

Kevon wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:
OMG! I got so much life from this!!!! The guy that does all of those remixes and posts a lot of the YT videos must be different from the one that actually has access to all of the stems, because I asked him directly if he had anything from the Butterfly or Rainbow era and if could do a remix from one of them next and he said he'd love to but he didn't have anything. I know there are stems from Fantasy floating around, but I missed them while they were up. frown.gif

I'll die happy the day all the vocal tracks from The Roof leak

Yes! The ones I was thinking of when I tweeted him were The Roof, Fourth Of July, Breakdown, and Bliss. 

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

May 12 17 3:49 PM

^ Me too. I'd love to hear Babydoll as well.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help