Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#21 [url]

May 12 17 1:21 PM

She's giving me Kellyanne Conway except slightly less unkempt.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#23 [url]

May 19 17 3:29 PM

Kevon wrote:
I think this generation of pop gerls are at a stand still. Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Ariana and now seemingly Miley et al are just not cutting it for me. None of them have done anything ground breaking with their last efforts.

A lot of them are just in that uncomfortable stage of having been around a long time now and trying to re-define themselves. Gaga, Rihanna and Katy are all in that boat - wanting to evolve their sound after having become staples on the pop scene. Someone like Arianna had less to fall as she was never as big but a) gave us the MEGA BOP Into You recently so she's partly off the hook and b) turning into a features chick for nicely sung choruses was a deft career move.

Leona Lewis should have done this went things started to go tits up and Rihanna's an expert at hijacking every hit song for a chart credit.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#27 [url]

Jun 30 17 9:38 AM

"Malibu" is struggling on the Radio and has peaked so far at #22 on the BB Hot 100. I have seen people discussing on other boards if the song is not a hit because the sound is not current, or because her image was so corrosive on her last album that she would struggle anyway.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#30 [url]

Jul 21 17 5:41 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
"Malibu" ended up being a radio flop

Not surprising. I thought it was a bit of a snooze after amazing exciting of her Bangerz stuff.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#32 [url]

This is way better than the snooze fest of Malibu. Its charming and full of character in a really effortless and catchy way. Great little video as well that really compliments the song.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Another good song from Miley -- she seems to really be channeling 90's soft rock/pop -- It's kind of like B52's meets Natalie Imbruglia.

LOL at the video and it's nice to see Miley still has her quirkiness. The background "oohs" in the chorus help a lot to make it catchy.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#34 [url]

I totally get the Natalie Imbruglia comparison. Don't really use it and the image change is contrived but I am glad she's toned down her annoying image.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#36 [url]

mcfan wrote:
The song lowkey slays. "Malibu" did too.

This album will BOOK.

I agree. 
Malibu and this new song are actually better than anything she's done in terms of quality music imo. 
I use. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#37 [url]

Stamos wrote:
mcfan wrote:

This album will BOOK.

I agree. 
Malibu and this new song are actually better than anything she's done in terms of quality music imo. 
I use. 

I don't know about that cause I liked Bangerz. "Adore You," "Wrecking Ball" and "FU" are great songs to me. 

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#38 [url]

mcfan wrote:
Stamos wrote:
mcfan wrote:

This album will BOOK.

I agree. 
I use. 

I don't know about that cause I liked Bangerz. "Adore You," "Wrecking Ball" and "FU" are great songs to me. 

They're great songs indeed, but I just prefer the direction she's going with her new music. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#39 [url]

mcfan wrote:
Stamos wrote:
mcfan wrote:

This album will BOOK.

I agree. 
I use. 

Agreed. Wrecking Ball alone had more bite and iconic status than anything off this new campaign. Adore You is also beautiful. Bangerz was quite the era for her.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help