Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

Lead

May 4 17 4:24 PM

Tags : :

Miley is on the cover of Billboard magazine

Here is the article:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/7783997/miley-cyrus-cover-story-new-music-malibu

bb11-miley-cyrus-sjklc-billboard-1548.jp

Last Edited By: Brazilian X Man May 10 17 3:05 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#3 [url]

May 4 17 5:58 PM

Going unplugged and back to her roots is probably not going to give her the same amount of attention and spotlight she got as a wasted pop star, but she can actually build a lasting career with it

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#4 [url]

May 5 17 3:38 AM

Clever game plan. When Titty is going hard with the messy image and "hip hop bangers" and everyone is giving her the side eye, she comes in reformed. It'll last 5 minutes though if it doesn't work.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#5 [url]

May 5 17 8:28 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Going unplugged and back to her roots is probably not going to give her the same amount of attention and spotlight she got as a wasted pop star, but she can actually build a lasting career with it
Gaga, ha impact!!

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#7 [url]

May 5 17 7:31 PM

mcfan wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
Gaga, ha impact!!

wasn't gonna say it but This sounds like a joanne tribute smiley: wink  lets not forget she stole gaga's playbook for her last album too.  I will say though Miley does have a convincing voice not just singing but whatever she is talking about even her crazy shenanigans she is very convincing as an artist and I bet she'll pull this off and get that country airplay and coins. 

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#8 [url]

May 8 17 3:56 AM

kittykow105 wrote:
How cute that she appropriated black and hip hop culture, profited off of it, and now dismisses it essentially altogether. She gets the side eye from me.
Yeah if you think about it the subtext here is "I'm back to being a good wholesome white girl now which is a better thing" smiley: eyes

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#9 [url]

May 8 17 9:30 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
Gaga, ha impact!!

wasn't gonna say it but This sounds like a joanne tribute smiley: wink  lets not forget she stole gaga's playbook for her last album too.  I will say though Miley does have a convincing voice not just singing but whatever she is talking about even her crazy shenanigans she is very convincing as an artist and I bet she'll pull this off and get that country airplay and coins. 

Image wise, this transformation reminds me of Madonna during Something To Remember, when she was singing ballads wearing expensive luxury dresses after all she did during Erotica. Or even Aguilera on Back to Basics after Dirrty. Gaga has never portrayed an agressive sex image during her eras.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#10 [url]

May 8 17 10:16 AM

^Reminds me of that Mad TV parody of Xtina

1:50 onwards

"No more sexy songs for you... unless this don't sell then I'm going right back to being a who-hooarr"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#13 [url]

May 11 17 3:33 PM

There are some scenes remind me of HATEU and You're Mine lol

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#14 [url]

May 11 17 3:50 PM

Wasn't it gonna premiere on TV?

The song is a Lana Del Rey retread but thanks to the oomph, I might use. Video is sleep sleep.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#16 [url]

May 11 17 5:38 PM

It reminds me of a bit of a dreary Sheryl Crow song. Its got character in places but its so sleepy. The end chorus is more what I needed through most of the song. She's looks sweet in the video but its just not hitting the right part of chilled, sedate bop for me. I'm not sure how her young fanbase will take to something like this, its definitely going to challenge them with this 'credible', less pop approach.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#17 [url]

May 11 17 7:24 PM

All I can describe it as that it almost achieves what it's trying to but just misses the mark?

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#18 [url]

May 12 17 7:14 AM

Kevon wrote:
All I can describe it as that it almost achieves what it's trying to but just misses the mark?

I know what you mean. Its a credible attempt at 180ing from BANGERZ but she didn't quite bring a great song with her in the process.

I'll be interested to see how this performs.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#19 [url]

May 12 17 8:39 AM

I think this generation of pop gerls are at a stand still. Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Ariana and now seemingly Miley et al are just not cutting it for me. None of them have done anything ground breaking with their last efforts.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#20 [url]

May 12 17 9:13 AM

The song is nice, but her high voice background vocals are actually annoying for me. Also, the second verse goes on forever. The chorus is the best part but it takes too long for it to be repeated.

I don't think she portrays cute either. More like I used to be a crack addict last month and now I am clean and celebrating by the beach.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help