Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#21 [url]

Apr 24 17 9:05 AM

Nick's probably the only "worshipper" that got past that phase. I doubt he still fangirls over her the way that Bryan did after years of marriage.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#22 [url]

Apr 24 17 10:15 AM

IDK, Queen read him for down and shaded him profusely throughout MIAM and he still spoke highly of her and doesn't seem to be mad about it

Anyway, it makes me chuckle how some folks on here and elsewhere judge the idea of her going back to her ex as if they never did it, even if only for the sex.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#24 [url]

Apr 24 17 10:27 AM

Obviously if they do still have feelings for each other then getting together again would be great for the kids. It depends how they were as a couple towards the end. If they were fighting a lot then that's worse than being apart. But yeah none of us can really judge.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Apr 24 17 10:57 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
I'm torn, probably as Mariah is. On the one hand, they do seem to really love and care about each other-- and their family is beautiful as a unit. We've never gotten any confirmation as to what ended the marriage, but I always assumed Nick cheated? Which, if true, would make it nearly impossible to trust him again. If not true-- what would be different? Making more time for each other?

I worry about their age difference and the fact that Mariah has weight issues-- I don't know if it would drive her crazy keeping it together for him.

I don't think anyone can deny they have a special chemistry together. It would be amazing if they could actually make it work.

Mariah wrote a WHOLE ALBUM about it smiley: laughsmiley: laughsmiley: laughsmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll

AND sang a song about cheating on tour directly accusing him smiley: laughsmiley: laughsmiley: laugh
Well if we go by the album, specifically Camouflage, then it was more a feeling of abandonment than anything-- which, IMO, could be fixed. 

Her singing that "you cheated motherf*****" on tour didn't necessarily confirm anything for me. I don't think I'd be able to be that cordial with someone who cheated on me, and there were pics of them together as a family pretty soon after the divorce.

Quote    Reply   

ThiagoUnlimited

#26 [url]

Apr 24 17 11:44 AM

as it was said, if they have feelings for each other I hope it's true.

I bet she will be VERY inspired on her album if that becomes real - she will believe in love again and put that into lyrics and melodies. PHENOMENAL.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#27 [url]

Apr 24 17 3:59 PM

jamiclever wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
I'm torn, probably as Mariah is. On the one hand, they do seem to really love and care about each other-- and their family is beautiful as a unit. We've never gotten any confirmation as to what ended the marriage, but I always assumed Nick cheated? Which, if true, would make it nearly impossible to trust him again. If not true-- what would be different? Making more time for each other?

I worry about their age difference and the fact that Mariah has weight issues-- I don't know if it would drive her crazy keeping it together for him.

I don't think anyone can deny they have a special chemistry together. It would be amazing if they could actually make it work.

Mariah wrote a WHOLE ALBUM about it smiley: laughsmiley: laughsmiley: laughsmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll

AND sang a song about cheating on tour directly accusing him smiley: laughsmiley: laughsmiley: laugh
Well if we go by the album, specifically Camouflage, then it was more a feeling of abandonment than anything-- which, IMO, could be fixed. 

Her singing that "you cheated motherf*****" on tour didn't necessarily confirm anything for me. I don't think I'd be able to be that cordial with someone who cheated on me, and there were pics of them together as a family pretty soon after the divorce.

Key word is family though. If kids are involved you will probably be more likely to suck it up. Especially someone like Mariah who always said she would make such a conscious effort not to repeat what happened to her with her parents.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#29 [url]

Apr 24 17 4:16 PM

TBH the Jay Z thing had publicity stunt written all over it imo

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#30 [url]

Apr 24 17 4:21 PM

Kevon wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:

Key word is family though. If kids are involved you will probably be more likely to suck it up. Especially someone like Mariah who always said she would make such a conscious effort not to repeat what happened to her with her parents.

Exactly. For someone like Mariah, making a family work (even a divorced one) is something I can see she'd really try and commit to.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Apr 24 17 4:26 PM

jamiclever wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
jamiclever wrote:

We knew she felt abandoned by him before the album came out. She was very quick to say he was gone throughout the pregnancy, always working and that didn't sit well with her. The Big Jim songs were some of the first songs she wrote for the album in 2012. I think she probably thought after the lupus scare that things would change and then they didn't so that probably escalated things. I do think he probably cheated too which was the final nail in the coffin.

I remember either reading some gossip or else it was something Nick alluded to in one of his psycho rants on Instagram after the break up went public, that he had been dumped by text. I always wondered whether her texting on her iPhone at the start of "Faded" alluded to that. Things like that and the lighting and blowing out of the match at the start of "You're Mine" were the last details she added to the album the days before she submitted it.

Last Edited By: mimifan09 Apr 24 17 4:32 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#32 [url]

Apr 24 17 4:30 PM

I think when she wrote the album she was hopeful it would work, there wasn't really a sense of a 'it's over' vibe from it, more of a hurt/healing but still hopeful (I think that might be why she even went with You're Mine as the next single)

From the small changes she made to One More Try it was clear even with that why she picked that song (I just wish I could make out what she is saying when she talks over the instrumental bit lol)

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Apr 24 17 4:46 PM

^ Yeah she definitely still had hope. Her grievances were abandonment and his thirst for fame. She had a change of heart from the point she stated she was ready to hand over 3 years of her soul in June 2013 and said herself that she didn't want to end on a miserable note with "Camouflage" being the final track. Who knows whether that was more label drama or her wanting to repair her marriage. But something happened between the "You're Mine" release and the album release at the end of May 14. She took off to the Bahamas to finish the album but only worked on like 4 songs there based on the liner notes. Songs that she had been working on for months and months by then.

I think the final details like the match, the texting before "Faded" and whatever she says in the background of "One More Try" signify the end of the relationship rather than any full song on the album.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#34 [url]

Apr 25 17 1:49 AM

Whatever happens PLEASE just don't marry him again. He's just after her money and he'll make sure to get another settlement with the second divorce.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#36 [url]

Apr 25 17 5:48 AM

Kevon wrote:
What is he doing right now anyway? Hasn't he "left" AGT?

Yes, and that part appears to be true, but NBC will most likely cancel his other very low rated show as a result and that mess on MTV is very sporadic. He's living off that $30m.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#37 [url]

Apr 25 17 6:19 AM

Well I hope after all this time it's not "time to jump back on the publicity machine", or if it is that Mariah is not gullible enough to fall for.

I wonder how Stella and Nick mix. That's a reality show within itself

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Apr 25 17 11:16 AM

I like how people forget that Nick is rich all on his own. I don't want them to get married again either (just do the Kurt Russell-Goldie Hawn thing), but to pretend Nick doesn't make millions per year on his own is just wrong. He doesn't have Mariah money (most people on Earth don't), but he's also not hurting for cash. IMO Nick seems like the kind of guy who would be too proud to take any money from Mariah anyway...

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#39 [url]

Apr 25 17 11:34 AM

Lmao @ Nick 'The thirst is real' Cannon being too proud for anything. He only made 2.7 mil in 2014 so he's definitely after a nice second divorce settlement.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#40 [url]

Apr 25 17 11:41 AM

There's no point really in speculating I suppose when we have no actual proof that they are anything other than just friends/co-parenting, BUT whilst people might forget how rich he is but they also seem to be forgetting what a notorious attention seeker he was when they were together.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help