Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 13 17 2:42 PM

Tags : :

I just saw a thread on atrl. And i saw an user called triton saying Mariah isn't really taken seriously. Why is it that a legend must die to receive the credit they deserve?. Whitney was also mocked for years as a fading star who lost her voice before her death. No matter what she has gone through recently. Mariah is one of the most impactful and acclaimed vocalists of all time. That is a great example of being taken seriously. Yet we see some people trying to deny her impact. So what do you think about this?. Here is the link if you want to check it.

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/29368-which-females-will-be-inducted-to-the-rr-hall-of-fame/?page==13px2

You will also notice a typical pressed madonna stan(wanderlust) saying Mariah will never enter The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame but lorde will. And that Bjork deserves to enter more than Janet. LOL.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#1 [url]

Apr 13 17 3:19 PM

It was the same with Michael, it was the same with Whitney, it was the same with Amy Winehouse, they're all media jokes until they pass then they get the respect they deserve. Mariah will be the same sadly. She's known for her antics which to be fair she doesn't play down.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 13 17 3:35 PM

Kevon wrote:
It was the same with Michael, it was the same with Whitney, it was the same with Amy Winehouse, they're all media jokes until they pass then they get the respect they deserve. Mariah will be the same sadly. She's known for her antics which to be fair she doesn't play down.

The problem is the way some people think they can re-write history. Whitney's singing imapact was still felt even when the media was mocking her. Same with Mariah now. We hear new singers influenced by her vocal style today. Yet certain people on music forums like to act like the impact is not there. Then we have this idea that somebody like Adele has sales and also acclaim. Like if Mariah lacked acclaim. So far Daydream has a higher score than any Adele album, and Butterfly is on par with any Adele album in terms of reviews. On top of this. Mariah is also one of the most acclaimed voicalists ever. That is something that a lot of current stars can't say.Adele included. I just don't understand why some people refuse to see what's in front of them. 

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#3 [url]

Apr 13 17 3:56 PM

Who gives a flying f##k? Honestly...

I see you keep making the same posts, whining about what OTHERS say on forums (!!!). Are you that insecure over Mariah's status/talent that you allow others' opinions dictate how you should feel? Get over it.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 13 17 3:59 PM

Migrate90 wrote:

I see you keep making the same posts, whining about what OTHERS say on forums (!!!). Are you that insecure over Mariah's status/talent that you allow others' opinions dictate how you should feel? Get over it.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#5 [url]

Apr 13 17 4:07 PM

Why would we care what some random a**hole on some other board says? You should provide quotes from a credible source if you want to back uo your argument. Anyway I disagree with the whole argument. Mariah is immensely respected as a vocalist, she's regularly mentioned on talent shows when giving examples of the greatest vocalists, hell I've even heard her name mentioned in the same context everywhere from the Real Housewives to the Ali G Show. Countless artists have praised her talents, both older legends and up and coming stars. She's been mentioned several times as the mainstream artist to first combine pop and hip-hop and ushering in the rap/sung collaboration.

Until you can show me an article by a respected publication stating that 'Mariah Carey is untalanted with a career that has had no impact on music or other singers' I will treat this as just another bitchy board queen's irrelevant comment.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 13 17 4:30 PM

mcsguardianangel wrote:
What's sad is I don't even think they will respect her when she passes. It's up to us to respect her.

Well everybody has haters. I'm talking about the way certain so called pop music fans try to deny the obvious. I know very well that she is a legend that the industry praise as one of the greats of the singing world.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 13 17 4:36 PM

Migrate90 wrote:

I'm not insecure. I'm tired of the misinformed and the deluded people. I lived through this same thing with Michael, Whitney, etc. I just can't understan, why legends must die for some people to acknowledge them. I know that her legacy is set in stone. And i know that within the industry her name is recognized as one of the greatest vocalists. I just don't know why would some people that even call themselves music lovers go out of their way to deny somebody's impact and talent. It's frustrating to see these stans trying to bring their faves up by putting mimi down.

Last Edited By: Supremebird Apr 13 17 4:38 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcsguardianangel

#11 [url]

Apr 27 17 6:46 PM

I'm not trying to be controversial that's my opinion. I admit I was once a troll but I'm in my 30s now so I've moved beyond that. Mariah has never gotten the respect she deserved Whitney and MJ were respected at once point in their career. I hope she'll be respected while she's alive but I just don't think she'll ever get the respect she deserves.

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#12 [url]

Apr 28 17 7:39 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Why would we care what some random a**hole on some other board says? You should provide quotes from a credible source if you want to back uo your argument. Anyway I disagree with the whole argument. Mariah is immensely respected as a vocalist, she's regularly mentioned on talent shows when giving examples of the greatest vocalists, hell I've even heard her name mentioned in the same context everywhere from the Real Housewives to the Ali G Show. Countless artists have praised her talents, both older legends and up and coming stars. She's been mentioned several times as the mainstream artist to first combine pop and hip-hop and ushering in the rap/sung collaboration.

Until you can show me an article by a respected publication stating that 'Mariah Carey is untalanted with a career that has had no impact on music or other singers' I will treat this as just another bitchy board queen's irrelevant comment.

Do you mean your comment or theirs?

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#13 [url]

Apr 28 17 7:49 AM

To throw my two cents in I think she's respected as a vocalist and in parts of the music industry she's respected  for what David said re the rap/sung collaboration but in terms of being a songwriter/producer and some sort of visionary ahead of her game kind of artist, then no I don't think she'll get recognition like that until she passes.

When I think of some songs on Daydream and most of Butterfly, and Sweetheart at least I think that if they were released today we'd still be praising her for her awesomeness because they're STILL a step above most of the crap that comes out. Even though she's won awards for her songwriting and that she mentions it in almost every interview and every press release says so either no one knows or they just conveniently forget that she writes all of her own material and that she's written 17/18 Hot 100 #1 singles, that she's the most successful female songwriter etc. I mean, she'll pass and all of a sudden it'll be like "Did you know that Mariah Carey ACTUALLY WROTE HER OWN STUFF?!?!" I'm not going to lie it does irritate me when people say she has no talent and she can't sing etc or that she contributes a word here or there to get full songwriting credit etc but I don't ponder why she's underrated... It's because of her image and the persona she's taken on. The GP and most of the media just doesn't take her seriously.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#14 [url]

Apr 28 17 10:31 AM

Yeah I think the songwriting thing won't get recognition until her time passes sadly.

Basically she has it all - she's beautiful, and a talented singer and writer. People hate that so they are going to rag on her and find faults. Until she's no longer a 'threat' then people will start to appreciate her. And yes, the OTT diva thing makes her a very easy target. People don't get her hunour so she might think she's in on the joke but people don't seem to pick up on that.

I think she does the diva thing as a defense mechanism anyway. If you create this fake persona and people mock you for it, it's easy to not get offended because they're not attacking you as a person more a 'character' that you play. It also distracts people from writing about the real her. Let's face it, I don't know what's real and what's smoke and mirrors in Mariah land these days, so the media or general observer won't have a clue.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Apr 28 17 11:11 AM

I don't think you can have as much success as she has had, sold as many records, broken so many chart records, be considered as one of the greatest vocalists of all time and also be underrated.

The standards she has set for herself and the expectations people put on her are huge because of all she has achieved and the talent she has. That's why there is such a backlash every time she isn't perfect. If she was underrated, would anyone even care? I don't think so.

As well as that, much of the reason Mariah has gained so much negativity in recent times has been to do social media and the awful culture that's attached with the social media world. The trolls who remain perched on Twitter waiting for the next celebrity misstep are the problem and the fans that overreact and draw attention to minor flubs do more damage than they realise. I'm not saying Mariah has no responsibility in cleaning up her act too but many of the scandals that have occurred since 2012 wouldn't have received a fraction of the attention over a decade ago because any discussion would have been contained mainly to forums.

She'll probably get most of the recognition she deserves for her songwriting when she passes. While she might be a joke to 16 year old idiots on Twitter, she's still very much respected in the over all scheme of things. People might question her talent for air time and headlines but the next time she does something truly worthwhile and impactful, she'll get the credit she deserves. It happened before and if anyone can get heads turning again in a positive manner, it's Mariah.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#16 [url]

Apr 28 17 1:28 PM

Kevon wrote:
Until she's no longer a 'threat' then people will start to appreciate her.

That's exactly it. Regardless of the fact that its been a while since she had a hit single (though, not really, considering #Beautiful) or album, she is still very much relevant and perfectly capable of doing so again if the variables all fall into place. She has the girls shook low-key.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Apr 28 17 1:29 PM

I wouldn't say overall she's underrated, but I definitely think right now she is. People respect her for her previous talent and success but a lot of people think it's gone now-- the truth is she still has a great voice and a lot to offer musically.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 20 17 8:12 PM

mcsguardianangel wrote:
I'm not trying to be controversial that's my opinion. I admit I was once a troll but I'm in my 30s now so I've moved beyond that. Mariah has never gotten the respect she deserved Whitney and MJ were respected at once point in their career. I hope she'll be respected while she's alive but I just don't think she'll ever get the respect she deserves.

So was Mariah. She was an acclaimed vocalist. And now that she is facing hard times, she is facing the kind of thing that Whitney faced when she went through her problems. Mariah still is recognized as one of the greats in the singing world. For her overall career. It's just annoying that when legends face dark moments. Some people only focus on that and try to re-write history. They did it with so many, and once they die, they start appreciating them again for the good things they did.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help