Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#61 [url]

Jul 26 17 10:47 AM

hontasy wrote:
To be honest, I'd have been fine with Uptown Funk tying or passing the record as it is a timeless hit, it deserved to. But Despacito? Hell no.

Yeah, I've consoled myself to knowing it'll happen eventually so I just hope when it does, its a worthy song. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#63 [url]

Jul 27 17 6:57 PM

nizarnoor wrote:
So the contenders for the next #1 song are the DJ Khaled/Rihanna song and the Bruno Mars song. Are they coming close to take over at all?

Not according to that Billboard article.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#66 [url]

Jul 28 17 3:19 AM

Get streaming the competition gerls

Yeah I have a horrible feeling this might be it as well.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Aug 2 17 7:41 PM

12 weeks now! And nothing seems to be coming close to taking over. Biggest problem is lack of competition right now.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7882451/despacito-ties-longest-leading-hot-100-no-1-of-2017

"As for the gap in Hot 100 chart points between "Despacito" and "Wild Thoughts," the former boasts a sizable 1.59-to-1 lead, although it's down 8 percent in overall activity while the latter is essentially even week-over-week. (A week ago, "Despacito" held a 1.73-to-1 points advantage.)"

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Aug 2 17 8:09 PM

We still have a month to go.  Could be that the song to knock it out hasn't even been released yet.  

At week 14 if it still has no competition, then that will start to get interesting.  Keep in mind it could always TIE too.  The record isn't BROKEN until week 17, which is unheard of.  That's still 5 weeks from now.  

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,158 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#70 [url]

Aug 3 17 9:56 AM

Wild Thoughts is a much better song
I don't get the popularity of Despacito

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#72 [url]

Aug 3 17 2:23 PM

UnderneathTheStars wrote:
Despacito might be the one, sadly....there's no competition.
I'm still hoping Wild Thoughts dethrones it though....

Well, no, we also don't need Rihanna getting anymore #1's either lol

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Aug 4 17 9:34 PM

The video for "Despacito" is now the most viewed on YouTube. The press has taken to mention every single record this song is breaking (even the random minor ones) and they keep bringing attention to it and not letting it die. 😩😩😩

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#75 [url]

Aug 5 17 5:55 AM

^ reow.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#76 [url]

Aug 5 17 12:14 PM

Even with 2 versions on Spotify it doesn't have that big a lead over the #2 song anymore. Just 1.6 million. It's coming to an end.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#78 [url]

Aug 7 17 9:21 AM

mcfan wrote:
Even with 2 versions on Spotify it doesn't have that big a lead over the #2 song anymore. Just 1.6 million. It's coming to an end.

BUT. ARE. YOU. SURE?!!

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#80 [url]

Aug 7 17 3:26 PM

As "Despacito" continues to dominate, the song rewrites the No. 1 record on the Digital Song Sales chart with a 14th week atop the list since the chart’s arrival on Oct. 30, 2004. The song sells 84,000 downloads (down 17 percent) in the week ending August 3, according to Nielsen Music.

On the Streaming Songs chart, "Despacito" leads for a 13th week, with 49.8 million U.S. streams (down 6 percent) in the week ending August 3. The track again tops all three of the Hot 100's main component charts, as it leads the all-format Radio Songs chart for a fifth week with 141 million in all-format airplay audience (down 1 percent) in the week ending August 6.

The “Despacito” triple crown of No. 1 ranks on Radio Songs, Digital Song Sales and Streaming Songs for a fifth week in a row is the longest consecutive stretch since “Closer” topped each list for six straight frames in October – November last year.

"Despacito" also captures a 27th week atop the Hot Latin Songs chart and extends its reign on the Songs of the Summer survey to 10 weeks, having led the latter list each week since its annual return just after Memorial Day.

DJ Khaled's "Wild Thoughts," featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller, keeps at its No. 2 Hot 100 perch. It remains at No. 2 on Streaming Songs (34.8 million, down 1 percent); ascends 3-2 on Radio Songs (128 million, up 9 percent); and slides 8-9 on Digital Song Sales (34,000, down 5 percent).

"Thoughts" crowns the Hot R&B Songs chart for a fifth week and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for a fourth frame.

French Montana’s “Unforgettable,” featuring Swae Lee, steps 6-3 to a new Hot 100 high. The song surges 21-8 on Digital Song Sales (37,000, up 52 percent), while holding at No. 4 on Streaming Songs (27.7 million streams, up 3 percent) and powering 15-11 on Radio Songs (81 million, up 9 percent.)

“Unforgettable” also struts to No. 1 on the Hot Rap Songs chart, becoming the first leader on the list for both Montana and Swae Lee as a soloist.

Y'ALL BETTER START BUYING AND STREAMING "UNFORGETTABLE"

Last Edited By: mcfan Aug 7 17 3:28 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help