Remove this ad

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

Lead

Feb 11 17 9:35 PM

Tags : :

Which would you choose and why?

I know she'd never do anything like this in a million years, but if I had to see a concert of an entire album I think I'd choose Emotions. Even tho it's only 10 songs and would be a short show there's so many songs that have never been performed I think would make killer performances, especially TBAY. Although I'd have her end with MIH cuz ending with The Wind would be bleak and depressing lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Feb 12 17 9:28 AM

This is such an awesome idea! I actually thought about this for her next Vegas Residency but I figured she would never do it. How cool would it be if she did every Album performing every song doing one Album a Month.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 12 17 3:45 PM

I think I'd pick Emotions too! To have the opportunity to hear her sing all of those ballads live (I assume we're saying 100% live, yes?) in one night... I think I'd convulse.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#6 [url]

Feb 12 17 4:29 PM

I'd love this for the 25th anniversary of Music Box, like an European tour! All of that schmaltzy production would be replaced by an acoustical feel! Just the thought of the Everything Fades Away being the encore ... *dead* There's ballads, there's fun uptempos... it'd be cool!

Or she could do it for the 20th Anniversary of Butterfly. Small venues, just to get intimate with the fans, kind of a bar/pub casual impromptu performances ... With a little introductory speech about each song... *dead*

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#7 [url]

Feb 12 17 5:00 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
Which would you choose and why?

What a great question and thread. And this is something quite fashionable these days too. Cyndi Lauper and Black Sabbath to name just two have been doing tours just of albums start to finish. I'm going to be incredibly boring and say Butterfly - every song is immense, there are songs like Butterfly (full song), The Beautiful Ones and Outside that never get performed so forcing them out would be great. Plus, the sense of story running through it would make the show like a journey.

If not, I'd say MIAM for just the same reason. Its got a stunning narrative from beginning to end.   

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 12 17 5:13 PM

She should do this for a Butterfly re-release and put the concert on dvd to package with the cd. She can also add 3or4 songs to the concert from other albums, maybe have fans vote on what those 3 or 4 are.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 12 17 5:43 PM

livelatino80 wrote:
She should do this for a Butterfly re-release and put the concert on dvd to package with the cd. She can also add 3or4 songs to the concert from other albums, maybe have fans vote on what those 3 or 4 are.

"Butterfly" (the song) is so difficult to sing, she'd have to completely rearrange that song in order to do it live.  That song was already hard to sing for her (or anybody) in 1997.  Honestly I think that's why only the "reprise" has been in her setlist since.

Quote    Reply   

CoCoLambMC

Hit me with your best shot!

#10 [url]

Feb 12 17 6:36 PM

CoryCoolDangerous wrote:
"Butterfly" (the song) is so difficult to sing, she'd have to completely rearrange that song in order to do it live.  That song was already hard to sing for her (or anybody) in 1997.  Honestly I think that's why only the "reprise" has been in her setlist since.
This is the case with so many of her songs though..... a rearrangement would be great. The song was never really a hit (in the US especially) so the casual fans wouldn't even notice much difference. I say just lower the key and swing it on home.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#12 [url]

Feb 12 17 9:41 PM

Butterfly of course. I'm sure that'd be her pick too tbh

If not, then Me I Am Mariah.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#13 [url]

Feb 13 17 8:03 AM

I think as a concept show Butterfly would work best. It's Mariah through and through. But in terms of what would work best as a show, I think Daydream makes sense. Butterfly vocally has too many songs that I don't think would translate well live, like 'The Roof', 'Breakdown', 'Fourth of July' and 'Babydoll'. Whilst I love those songs, they're too intricate with layering and soft vocals that it wouldn't quite work live. Daydream has a more straightforward lead vocal throughout. Of course, both would be very difficult for her to do live now

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#14 [url]

Feb 13 17 8:58 AM

Kevon wrote:
I think as a concept show Butterfly would work best. It's Mariah through and through. But in terms of what would work best as a show, I think Daydream makes sense. Butterfly vocally has too many songs that I don't think would translate well live, like 'The Roof', 'Breakdown', 'Fourth of July' and 'Babydoll'. Whilst I love those songs, they're too intricate with layering and soft vocals that it wouldn't quite work live. Daydream has a more straightforward lead vocal throughout. Of course, both would be very difficult for her to do live now laugh.gif

The beauty of a show like this would be Mariah re-arranging the intricate songs, stripping them down to a few essential elements. Think about how well "Breakdown" worked acapella on the Rainbow Tour just as a snippet. It's because she showcased the melody and sang in a comfortable range. 

Obviously she can't be making every song into a slow number otherwise it'd be sleep sleep and "Honey" only can't carry the show as a uptempo, but live arrangements doesn't necessarily mean acoustic ballad. 

In that sense TEOM would translate well as a live show, because the majority of the songs don't need big work. They're already raw and ready to be done live, they were born like that. We also saw a glimpse of what the Emotions album would sound like in this context with Unplugged, which had 4 of its 10 songs. An album like Butterfly would make for an interesting show artistically, to display Mariah's musical genius. Daydream or the debut too, I think. 

An interesting concept for a one off in Vegas perhaps or even an overseas treat. 

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#15 [url]

Feb 13 17 11:20 AM

Yeah, she'd definitely have to cut songs down, rearrange and strip them down as far as production goes. I mean, if she actually took the time to rehearse it A LOT with the background singers to get them to actually be useful and do all her intricate harmonies, it could slay. But if they're gonna press play on the a cappella background vocal tracks from the album version she could keep it. I don't understand why she still uses her backup tracks when she has background singers. I mean, I understand she wants it to sound like the record but she needs to let that go. Beyoncé's shows started to sound so much better when she ditched the BGV tracks and let her background singers actually do most of the backgrounds.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#16 [url]

Feb 13 17 11:46 AM

^Yeah no awkward gyrating on a chair to the backing track to Babydoll, I ain't here for that

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 13 17 2:27 PM

"Unplugged" or "1 to Infinity." lol. jk.

This is actually the question I'd always planned to ask her if I ever meet her! Although, she'd probably give a non-answer like "It's hard to pick because I have moments I love from every album. Those songs are for everybody." lol.

My vote would be Daydream or Emancipation. Those two albums I think would have the most crowd-pleasers, and the shows would flow well.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#20 [url]

Feb 14 17 7:26 AM

Vincent wrote:
Butterfly of course. I'm sure that'd be her pick too tbh laugh.gif

If not, then Me I Am Mariah.

SNAP! And good choices smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply