Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 10 17 8:13 AM

Tags : :

If you are unaware, there is currently an on-going discussion about moving FOMM away from Yuku and to a new platform.

Due to the numerous and consistent issues with Yuku and down time/maintenance issues with the board over the last few months, we now are discussing the option of moving FOMM to a new platform and walking away from ezboard/Yuku.

There are pros and cons to both leaving and staying which can be further discussed in the appropriate thread in the Feedback & Resolutions forum under the thread at http://friendsofmariahmessageboard.yuku.com/topic/24536#.WJ2qmjt96iM

This is a poll to for admins to gauge what the majority of FOMM would like to do.

Please read the above mentioned thread and feel free to ask any questions you may have there prior to submitting your vote.

Some questions to consider before voting:
  • Would you be happy to start fresh with a new platform?
  • Do you feel the issues with FOMM's down time etc warrant the board to be moved to a new host?

(Please note we will not be able to transfer any current FOMM content (threads) to a new board. It would be a completely clean start)

Cast your vote when you are ready and feel informed enough to make a decision.

Also note, this will only happen if Yuku's issues remain on-going and show no sign of improvement by the end of this month so please do not feel rushed to vote right away.

You have a couple of weeks to consider your options, see if the issues improve or not and gain the information you need to vote accordingly.

UPDATE: We WILL be able to transfer the board (members, post counts, posts, forums etc) to a new host.
I am waiting on answers to some further questions and will update when I can.

VOTING WILL CLOSE MONDAY MARCH 6TH

Yes

No

Last Edited By: ShayneFly Mar 6 17 9:09 PM. Edited 4 times

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

pigduck

#1 [url]

Feb 10 17 9:00 AM

Yeah change forum platform

yes. i support. i can help. i have set up forums in the past. i can host it too, if needed. 1. can we move the archives from here to the new board?

Kevon

Administrator

#2 [url]

Feb 10 17 9:46 AM

^Nope, Shayne has asked about this and basically we can't port anything over. Yuku has something in its T&Cs that prevents them giving us whatever we need to do that (sorry I lack the technical knowledge). So bear that in mind when voting, we will lose all our threads and history.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

hontasy

#3 [url]

Feb 10 17 10:06 AM

Are we paying anything to Yuku to keep the forum open? If we're not, maybe we can let it stay so we can visit when we want to (if we move to a new place)?

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#5 [url]

Feb 10 17 7:30 PM

Undecided at the moment; at the end of February can we be given a final vote date?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

#7 [url]

Feb 10 17 7:55 PM

If it means having a better platform and keeping operations running smoothly, YES. And yes, we can keep this site as an archive for records and such.

www.k-e-i-t-h.deviantart.com / www.instagram.com/drawingkeith

breakbreakdown

#8 [url]

Feb 10 17 8:21 PM

I'm ok with it. I wonder who has the time and the will to check past threads anyways. And if people are really worried about their post count, they can make like a print screen and use it as profile pic lol.

#9 [url]

Feb 11 17 3:08 AM

If it means losing all data associated with this board, I don't know if the down times for the board, while annoying AF, warrant doing something so drastic.

My vote, for now, is no.

houseofMusiC

#10 [url]

Feb 11 17 3:22 AM

It's time to move to a new home. Been a FOMMer for a decade now and I can't wait to have a better forum for all of us. Go for it Shayne!

Remove this ad

pigduck

#11 [url]

Feb 11 17 7:07 AM

yes let's move on to fresh beginnings. posting counts are meaningless when these mariah fans sound like haters some times. old historic posts only lock mariah and the rest of us in the past when we should look forward to new beginnings. if mc can change the management and can do things differently, so can we. let's move on.

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#12 [url]

Feb 11 17 11:22 AM

I think the possibility of a fresh start is always good in any case. FOMM is not going to die, the same few members who are here everyday will certainly be on the new messageboard.
Also, I don't see the point of mantaining archives/old threads. Just shut it down.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#17 [url]

Feb 12 17 9:44 PM

I bet someone is busing in a bunch of illegal J.Lo fans to vote.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Kevon

Administrator

#18 [url]

Feb 13 17 7:29 AM

Not y'all a stones throw from building (fire) walls

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

#20 [url]

Feb 14 17 4:27 AM

To all: Please read the bold update in the original post.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help