#41 [url]

Jan 24 17 12:59 PM

Ch.. Mariah's about to be the Elizabeth Taylor of breakup songs. image

Remove this ad

vinjer

#42 [url]

Jan 24 17 1:05 PM

Stamos wrote:
The video outside of Catch is hilarious!
Not Stella being the designated driver/chauffeur laugh.gif

She's been that ever since we first had the delight of seeing her with Mariah.I wonder if this is a new song, what happened to the one she was doing with Crystal and if she indeed recorded it now how her vocal will sound, having in mind what it was  at the Russian wedding.

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#44 [url]

Jan 24 17 1:19 PM

vinjer wrote:
Stamos wrote:
The video outside of Catch is hilarious!
Not Stella being the designated driver/chauffeur laugh.gif

She's been that ever since we first had the delight of seeing her with Mariah.I wonder if this is a new song, what happened to the one she was doing with Crystal and if she indeed recorded it now how her vocal will sound, having in mind what it was  at the Russian wedding.

Maybe the missing vocals were not hers. I remember Mariah in the studio in one of the reality show's previews. That was shot months ago when she was in a studio with JD and Cristyle.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#45 [url]

Jan 24 17 1:30 PM

Mikizzlefshizzle wrote:
Kevon wrote:
I hope it has a vocal moment. I know that big vocals aren't in these days, but something in a nice, full mid register to show people who were doubting her voice after NYE would be nice. Less on the Minnie Mouse or nasal moments.

Not a whispery Melodyne hight note fest.

Oh my God, that nearly made me spit my drink across my screen smiley: laugh smiley: laugh smiley: laugh

kittykow105

#46 [url]

Jan 24 17 1:34 PM

If this is another "buzz" single like "Triumphant," she can keep it. Rush jobs, with the exception of "We Belong Together" never bode well for her. That being said, artists like Drake have done well in releasing songs without the expectation of them being actual singles. I wish she could release music without the public's expectation of a formal campaign each time. We as fans know what a real single is, but the public sees 'flop' if it doesn't do well.

vinjer

#47 [url]

Jan 24 17 1:46 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
 We as fans know what a real single is, but the public sees 'flop' if it doesn't do well.

They won't even know she's  got a song out, esp. if it's indeed debuting on MW.

Last Edited By: vinjer Jan 24 17 1:50 PM. Edited 1 time.

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#48 [url]

Jan 24 17 1:57 PM

I'm always excited for new music, but if that's true about the video it's probably going to look cheap and boring.

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#49 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:12 PM

If it is getting a proper release and has a video, it is an official single. Calling it a buzz single after flopping won't change the reality.

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#50 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:19 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
If it is getting a proper release and has a video, it is an official single. Calling it a buzz single after flopping won't change the reality.

Any song that is sent to radio is a single imo. 'Buzz single' is something that's only released to iTunes, like when artists sometimes release several songs leading up to the album.

Remove this ad

Stamos

#51 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:20 PM

Well, a flop reality Mariah's World isn't exactly a proper release platform now is it.

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#52 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:25 PM

Stamos wrote:
Well, a flop reality Mariah's World isn't exactly a proper release platform now is it.

Well I guess premiering it to 500k viewers is better than the 50 viewers it would get on Youtube.

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#53 [url]

This single/song whatever you wanna call it has prolly been in the works for a while. And they were also probably banking on Mariahs World being a big success

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#54 [url]

I think the idea of a buzz single is that it isn't connected to an album. it can't be a lead single if it's not leading an album lol.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#55 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:26 PM

Stamos wrote:

I am sure the official video is going to be on Vevo anyway

Stamos

#56 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:28 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Stamos wrote:

Well I guess premiering it to 500k viewers is better than the 50 viewers it would get on Youtube. laugh.gif

Or Facebook

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#57 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:35 PM

Well if they promote the fact that they're debuting a video at the end of the episode all week maybe more will tune in.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#59 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:43 PM

Vincent wrote:
Well if they promote the fact that they're debuting a video at the end of the episode all week maybe more will tune in.

I really doubt it would make a difference, but regardless there'll be a good amount of people hearing the song because of the show.

#60 [url]

Jan 24 17 2:58 PM

*prays 4 a glitch that sends the video directly into oblivion*

SO excited for the song. SO panicked about a Mariah video...

M, girl. Send me the footage, I'll edit the video. Please, I beg of you.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help