Remove this ad

Stamos

Las cosas se van a poner locas!

Lead

Jan 24 17 7:02 AM

Tags : :

I guess this comes as close to an official statement as it gets. 

Mariah Carey's turning her split from ex-fiance James Packer into a breakup song featuring YG -- and they've already recorded the track and shot the music video.

We're told the collabo went down over the weekend as Mimi laid down what she hopes will be an anthem for women overcoming harsh breakups. Take that, Taylor Swift.

They started recording on Saturday, and within 24 hours they also wrapped on the music vid. We're told it will debut in the "Mariah's World" season finale this weekend.

The duo was out celebrating the project Sunday night when we got them leaving Catch

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Feb 3 17 7:15 AM. Edited 8 times

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#1 [url]

Jan 24 17 7:08 AM

Who da fk is YG? Guess it's going to be a studio video which is hardly exciting but, whatever, it's not an album single. I'm keen for new music but I hope it has a decent melody and medium to strong chrorus. And I hope the producer or rapper isn't 'uh' 'uh' uh'ing all over the fkn thing. But I'm looking forward to it.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Stamos

#2 [url]

Jan 24 17 7:17 AM

Yeah I don't know what to think or what to believe anymore.
They recorded this in 24 hours this past weekend? Really?

Kevon

Administrator

#3 [url]

Jan 24 17 7:18 AM

Weird if true. Surely they would want to include something about a new song debuting on the show in the "next time" segment to get more people to tune in. Otherwise they'll be debuting it to an empty room.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

#4 [url]

Jan 24 17 7:24 AM

Screams low budget and amateuristic... Her songs with rappers were almost all terrible the last years. Screams Stella I don't think it is true! It would be weird to make a break up song when she started dating another man while she was engaged. And now she will play the victim in a song? She will humiliate him even more... That would be low...

Last Edited By: Frederic Van Brabant Jan 24 17 8:38 AM. Edited 4 times.

Stamos

#5 [url]

Jan 24 17 7:29 AM

The video outside of Catch is hilarious!
Not Stella being the designated driver/chauffeur

#7 [url]

Jan 24 17 7:52 AM

I can't even know what to say ...

Actually my expectations are really low. I expect something along the line of Infinity, Infamous or worse. Oh boy

Stamos

#8 [url]

Jan 24 17 8:11 AM

Well I hope I'm pleasantly surprised with this one.
#notanotherbreakupanthem

Nike

Posts: 12,159 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#9 [url]

Jan 24 17 8:29 AM

The stuff is starting now.

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#10 [url]

Jan 24 17 8:35 AM

The song was produced with Jermaine Dupri, it is a midtempo and I guess it has a sample.

I don't think it was written on Saturday given that Roger Friedman said a song already existed but was missing some vocals to be released.

What really doesn't excite me is the video. It's probably going to be Mariah wearing lingerie touching herself like the World depends on it.

Remove this ad

hontasy

#12 [url]

Jan 24 17 8:49 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
What really doesn't excite me is the video. It's probably going to be Mariah wearing lingerie touching herself like the World depends on it.
Exactly. I really wanna be surprised though.

Stamos

#13 [url]

Jan 24 17 8:50 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
The song was produced with Jermaine Dupri, it is a midtempo and I guess it has a sample.

I don't think it was written on Saturday given that Roger Friedman said a song already existed but was missing some vocals to be released.

Source?
Not that it's a shocker, just curious

#14 [url]

Jan 24 17 8:50 AM

I don't care what anyone say's I'm excited for this! Hopefully it's a real banger that can stand up next to some of her best Up/Mid-tempos. If not I don't see why she would rush it out but I guess if it doesn't fair well she can always just leave it as an EP and part of Mariah's World.

I didn't know who YG was either but after taking a listen to some of his stuff he's got a pretty sick flow! I just hope his raps are extremely catchy and well placed and even if they are the need a No-Rap Edit if they wanna ensure success across all radio formats.

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#15 [url]

Jan 24 17 9:24 AM

Stamos wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:

Source?
Not that it's a shocker, just curious

A reliable person on UKMix

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#17 [url]

Jan 24 17 9:41 AM

I don't think most are expecting an album. With all the concerts she has in line on the first semester she would not have time to properly promote an album

carlos b fly

Administrator

#19 [url]

Jan 24 17 10:02 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:

This sounds quite likely to me as well.

Kevon

Administrator

#20 [url]

Jan 24 17 10:11 AM

I'm not really excited. More curious.

Liron's response makes me think this will just be another little ditty to go with the show but no real expectations for it to be any kind of commercial success.

When would this have been recorded then? If it's recent then I am not expecting much vocally.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help