Feb 10 17 8:26 AM

This is amazing amazing amazing holy jesus this is giving me life right now God

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#42 [url]

Feb 10 17 8:53 AM

I was expecting an absolutely epic, anthem style chorus so inevitably am a bit underwhelmed. A great hook in there though. It was stuck firmly in my head after just one play.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#44 [url]

Feb 10 17 9:00 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
I was expecting an absolutely epic, anthem style chorus so inevitably am a bit underwhelmed. A great hook in there though. It was stuck firmly in my head after just one play.

Yeah it was like that for me on first listen. Give it a few spins and you'll be hooked  

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Feb 10 17 10:16 AM

I was actually expecting an 80's pop vibe but somehow left me hanging with the chorus. Its catchy tho but i'd listen more to I Don't. :P

www.k-e-i-t-h.deviantart.com / www.instagram.com/drawingkeith

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#47 [url]

Feb 10 17 10:28 AM

It's catchy, I use it. It's defo a bop. I preferred Roar so far though.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#49 [url]

Feb 10 17 10:40 AM

Kevon wrote:

Roar was a bit too cheesy for me. I don't think Katy will ever top the Teenage Dream era as good as stuff like Roar, Dark Horse and this new single are. Literally, every single off of Teenage Dream was a masterclass in pop perfection.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#50 [url]

Feb 10 17 10:45 AM

I just found the production of Roar so good I could listen to it all the time. The low guitar throughout. But I just expect cheese from her. But you're right there wasn't a single misstep really with TD. 'ET' is still my favourite from her. After so much bubble gum a nice bitter shot was welcome

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Feb 10 17 1:14 PM

Love it. The verses meander a bit kinda like a lot of Mariah's latest, but the pre-chorus and chorus are a smash. Also love the message of the song and was waiting for a major artist to make a political statement through music. The article on the last page is right-- this is the kind of stuff we need right now.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Feb 10 17 1:48 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:

Roar was a bit too cheesy for me. I don't think Katy will ever top the Teenage Dream era as good as stuff like Roar, Dark Horse and this new single are. Literally, every single off of Teenage Dream was a masterclass in pop perfection.

Absolutely. The Teenage Dream singles were pop perfection. Some were silly/fun pop like California Gurls and Last Friday Night; some were a bit more serious like Teenage Dream (timeless anthem), Firework (with a message), and The One That Got Away; ET was pretty left-field for KP, etc. Also, it was the rare perfect timing with all of the singles being massive hits, radio ate them up. On top of that, every music video was an event that actually delivered. All the while every song, for better or worse, was so completely Katy Perry.

I have to say about her career post-Teenage Dream: I'm glad she didn't try to recreate that era. I have no idea how Chained To The Rhythm will fare chart wise, but I like this direction a lot. Definitely interested in hearing what the new album holds.

Oh and lastly LOL, I never liked Roar and still don't. It was too cheesy for even Katy Perry, and boy that's saying something. It actually turned me off of Prism initially.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#55 [url]

Feb 10 17 2:29 PM

mcfan wrote:
I use but I'm not blown away. The production's well done.

Am I dense for not getting the hamster? 

The hamster has a comfortable life in a "bubble", "chained" to that lifestyle, thinking it is free. Basically what the lyrics criticizes

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Feb 10 17 2:45 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
mcfan wrote:

The hamster has a comfortable life in a "bubble", "chained" to that lifestyle, thinking it is free. Basically what the lyrics criticizes

Katy is a genius TBH. Dance dance dance to the dis-tor-tion. smiley: pimp

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#58 [url]

Feb 10 17 3:14 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Thanks for explaining and not judging. 

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#60 [url]

Feb 10 17 7:42 PM

Girl GONE. For a supposed Mariah fan, that sure is a faux pas.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help