Remove this ad

hontasy

#21 [url]

Feb 9 17 6:55 AM

Once again her team is doing wonders. I am loving the disco ball launch campaign for the song.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#22 [url]

Feb 9 17 8:00 AM

Such a great marketing campaign around this. I'm tempted to go into Central London as there is a disco ball there lol

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#23 [url]

Feb 9 17 8:28 AM

nizarnoor wrote:
Blonde is her natural hair colour though...? Maybe not THAT blonde but it's blonde.
She placed a disco ball chained to a railing near Sydney Opera House (I heard she's doing something like this in a few other countries as well)
There's a headphone jack on the disco ball and you can listen to the song there.
I haven't really bothered to check it out cause I got work. lol
Look at her eyebrows..
Anyway here's the receipt and don't ask me what a dishwater brown squirrel means but it ain't blonde : 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katy-perry-real-hair-color-glamour-interview_us_561678f2e4b0e66ad4c69b45

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#24 [url]

Feb 9 17 8:31 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Such a great marketing campaign around this. I'm tempted to go into Central London as there is a disco ball there lol

It is great indeed! Reminds me of TEOM "The Voice" campaign

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#25 [url]

Feb 9 17 8:32 AM

She looks much older blonde. But at least she's over the fluorescent era.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#26 [url]

Feb 9 17 8:46 AM

Stamos wrote:
nizarnoor wrote:
Blonde is her natural hair colour though...? Maybe not THAT blonde but it's blonde.
She placed a disco ball chained to a railing near Sydney Opera House (I heard she's doing something like this in a few other countries as well)
There's a headphone jack on the disco ball and you can listen to the song there.
Look at her eyebrows.. laugh.gif
Anyway here's the receipt and don't ask me what a dishwater brown squirrel means but it ain't blonde : 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katy-perry-real-hair-color-glamour-interview_us_561678f2e4b0e66ad4c69b45

They always say your skin compliments your proper hair colour so there is no way her hair colour in that new promo shot is her natural one. She's may not be naturally dark haired but she sure as hell isn't that pure blonde either.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#27 [url]

Feb 9 17 8:46 AM

Stamos wrote:
nizarnoor wrote:

Thick and dark eyebrows are fashionable right now

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#28 [url]

Feb 9 17 8:49 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Stamos wrote:
nizarnoor wrote:

Thick and dark eyebrows are fashionable right now
Read the interview above and forget about what's in fashion!
Have you seen dishwater? or a brown squirrel for that matter?  

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#29 [url]

Feb 9 17 8:52 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Stamos wrote:
nizarnoor wrote:

They always say your skin compliments your proper hair colour so there is no way her hair colour in that new promo shot is her natural one. She's may not be naturally dark haired but she sure as hell isn't that pure blonde either.

Exactly. She's a brunette and according to her interview she doesn't like it thus the rainbow variations over the years from chocolate brown to blue and pink and now platinum blonde.
She's a pretty girl, she should have went closer to her natural color instead of choosing to look like she dove into bleach. 

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#30 [url]

Feb 9 17 9:17 AM

Actual song credits

Written by Katy Perry, Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami, Skip Marley
Produced by Max Martin, Ali Payami
Background Vocals: Katy Perry, Sia, Max Martin, Skip Marley
Song length: 3:58

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#34 [url]

Feb 10 17 1:19 AM

Chained To The Rhythm

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Feb 10 17 2:11 AM

Weird, I was underwhelmed on first listen; a few more later and I'm kinda hooked.

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Feb 10 17 2:18 AM

Review: Katy Perry’s “Chained to the Rhythm” Is the Song We Need Right Now

In case you weren't among the lucky few who happened upon the 20 some-odd disco balls strategically placed around the world playing Katy Perry's new single, “Chained to the Rhythm,” the track made its official online premiere tonight. Rather than the stomping disco anthem the song's title and inventive, albeit not always successful, pre-release promo might have suggested, “Chained to the Rhythm” is a midtempo—but no less beckoning—invitation to the dance floor.

Though it's only early February, the single—co-written by Sia and produced by longtime Perry collaborator Max Martin—feels like the off-season summer smash we need right now. This can, of course, be largely attributed to the song's breezy Caribbean flavor, strikingly reminiscent of Men at Work's early-'80s hit “Down Under.” (Notably, the song features Bob Marley's grandson, Skip Marley.)

Despite the lightweight vibe but true to the track's genre bona fides, “Chained to the Rhythm” is a decidedly political statement: “So comfortable, we're living in a bubble, bubble/So comfortable, we cannot see the trouble, trouble,” sings Perry, who was a vocal supporter of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election. Marley takes a more combative tone (“Time is ticking for the empire/The truth they feed is feeble…And we about to riot/They woke up, they woke up the lions”), but whether the song is an endorsement of self-care or a critique of escapism in times of political upheaval is up for interpretation. What is certain is that a track with a hook that implores listeners to “Come on, turn it up/Keep it on repeat” had better deliver the goods, and this one most definitely does.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#39 [url]

Feb 10 17 5:53 AM

I knew when I saw the writers that this would have a strong hook and it doesn't. Radio will eat this up. Certainly initially anyway. It's catchy, I like it. Come thru titty.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#40 [url]

Feb 10 17 7:03 AM

The hook is really catchy and the more the song progresses and it repeats itself the catchier it gets.
She has a hit in her hands.
btw: The brown squirrel in the lyrics video is giving me life, given the previous days debate about her natural hair color

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help