mcfan

#Beautiful

#321 [url]

Jun 18 17 6:51 PM

162k sold. 180k SPS

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#323 [url]

Estimates for US 2nd week sales are 14-18k SPS.

Looks like they're gonna ignore this entire project and focus on her new single with Calvin Harris.

Ugh, I feel like there are so many escape routes these days. In the 90's if you flopped, you flopped. Now they tag you onto a song with every hot producer on Earth to keep you sticking around.

Quote    Reply   

kittykow105

#326 [url]

Pretty sad. I've never been a fan of Katy Perry albums, but I'm loving "Tsunami" and "Pendulum" off the new album. Hopefully she can quickly start on a new album and come back harder next year.

Literally on repeat:

Last Edited By: kittykow105 . Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#328 [url]

"Chained to the Rhythm" and "Bon Appetit" are the strongest songs on the album and they still feel subpar. The former is very tepid, the latter needed better lyrics.

The rest of the songs have some interesting production elements, but they lack hooks. There's no punch, it's all very boring. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#329 [url]

jamiclever wrote:
Estimates for US 2nd week sales are 14-18k SPS.

Looks like they're gonna ignore this entire project and focus on her new single with Calvin Harris.

Jesus at those numbers. The unfortunate reality is, the album is also utter crap, forgettable and also far too preachy with nothing all that interest to even sermon. She seems a bit traumatised (either by life or Trump or both) and I don't think her was remotely in the game to come in and record. You can certainly do 'awakening' or 'statement/growth' albums in pop - Ray Of Light being a great example but that album was loaded with compelling lyrics, interesting messages and obviously electrifying production.

Everything about this album feels so basic, boring and misfired.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#330 [url]

Yikes it apperas the album is now completely dead. The silver lining here is at least she was spared the first week total bomb headlines by going all out and getting a respectable opening week.

Last Edited By: Gospelartist03 . Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#331 [url]

I wish they released Witness with footage from the live streaming weekend . It would be a nice way to wrap this album. I love that song, even though if it's not single worthy. Anyway, she has had her Bionic/ Artpop, her next move is going to be crucial.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help