Remove this ad

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#222 [url]

May 23 17 9:09 AM

Kevon wrote:
Isn't Swish Swish a song about cackling at someone failing laugh.gif

When has Taylor failed at something in her life? She will, though, eventually. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#224 [url]

May 23 17 11:48 PM

I think this is the first time the Katy/Taylor beef was actually talked about!? Katy talks about it in detail:

Starts at about 9:30, she talks about the drama with the back up dancers. Sounds like Taylor made "Bad Blood" out of a nothing situation TBH.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#226 [url]

May 24 17 7:29 AM

What were the dancers doing with Taylor at the time that Katy text them asking to come back? Was she on tour or anything? Remember the drama that was caused when one dancer was unable to perform on Mariah's tour? If she was to lose 3 dancers mid-tour that would require a lot of work. I can see it being brought to Taylor like "Katy's old dancers want to go back with her?" "They can't" "Yeah they can Katy asked them to put it in their contract and they want to go" "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS" kind of overreaction.

Of course that's all assuming they were busy with Taylor, if they were. Does that warrant sacking them on the spot (would it not make more sense to have them around to train replacements?) and writing a diss song? No and Taylor is everything described for that, petty and catty But I presume that's why in her own spoiled brat deluded world she took offence.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#228 [url]

May 24 17 8:51 AM

Taylor may be petty, but she turned this situation into a #1 hit song for her. Katy took too long to answer and Swish Swish is far from a hit song. Taylor comes as the real winner from this.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#229 [url]

May 24 17 9:00 AM

Katy coming out with a diss track 2-3 years later is silly. Ignoring it would be the best way to deal with it, to try and revive it this long later is just desperate for a headline

Quote    Reply   

#230 [url]

May 24 17 5:46 PM

mcfan wrote:
Taylor is extremely catty and petty. She needs to have a seat, I need her to cross the wrong one tro give her a lesson.

Kim K kinda did!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#231 [url]

May 24 17 5:52 PM

glitter86 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Taylor is extremely catty and petty. She needs to have a seat, I need her to cross the wrong one tro give her a lesson.

Kim K kinda did!

Girl YAS! I lived for that dragging

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#232 [url]

May 24 17 6:09 PM

So, Katy did two performances on Saturday Night Live...

Migos Reportedly Refused To Appear With Drag Queens For Katy Perry’s ‘SNL’ Performances
CAITLIN WHITE
MANAGING EDITOR, MUSIC

Katy Perry is currently being dragged by the internet for what can only be described as a questionable SNL performance. For her spot as a musical performer on the show, Perry performed her, uh “sexual liberation anthem” aka cannibalism celebration “Bon Appétit,” which features Atlanta rap trio Migos, and her Nicki Minaj-featuring single “Swish Swish.” (Seeing a pattern here?)

For the “Swish Swish” performance, Perry enlisted a host of drag queens to perform alongside her — word to Miley Cyrus who literally already did that when she released Dead Petz. The performers included lots of New York-based members of the drag community, including Brenda Dharling, Lil Miss Hot Mess, Bryant Dorean, Scarlet Envy, Gisele Alicea, Brita Filter, Yuhua Hamasaki, Pattaya Hart, Kimberly Smallz LaBeija, Alotta McGriddles, Svetlana Stoli, Miss Vita Summers, Jose Gutierez Xtravaganza (a dance from Madonna’s Blonde Ambition tour), The Countess Mascara, RuPaul’s Drag Race, Season 6 contestant Vivacious, and viral star Russell Got Barzz.

However, according to World Of Wonder, the production company behind Ru Paul’s Drag Race and a lot more, the queens were also supposed to show up on “Bon Appétit” — but Migos refused to perform with them.

Instead, the queens who were tapped for that performance were told throughout the day by various members of cast and crew that they were no longer welcome on the number. It’s a shame too, because they probably would’ve improved the performance quite a bit, that song is the main one that the internet has been mocking Katy’s dance moves — or lack thereof — on.

From WOW’s sources:

Queen #1:

“I was one of the performers on that table with them the whole time, during the rehearsal for 3 days. On the day of the filming, when I got there, I was told to leave. I wasn’t on the set at the time, but we were asking what happened. They said it was because Migos doesn’t feel comfortable with having drag queens there.”
Queen #2:

“I heard it from the stylist. They changed the queens out in the Bon Appétit number, and they didn’t seem too thrilled during rehearsal either, with us there.”
Queen #3:

“I work at SNL and the rumors are true! Migos held up rehearsal because they ‘weren’t comfortable with the drag queens’ being there. There were initially more drag queens on the set for that song, but after Migos threw a fit, Katy Perry’s team removed some of the queens from the performance. Additionally, Katy Perry didn’t invite any of the queens to the afterparty… So, none of them were allowed in.”
If you watch the performance, you’ll notice there are a couple queens at the table, sat very far away from Migos on the fringes:

It’s true, these are just rumors from anonymous sources, but, they’re easier to believe given Migos’ history of making homophobic comments about Makonnen, and then digging the hole even deeper by saying they wouldn’t perform at a gay club. After an incredible resurgence, and facing down so many of their own struggles, it would be so beneficial if Migos could understand and acknowledge the bias that the #$%%! and drag community already routinely faces, and show them some respect and love. We’ll see if they respond to the reports.

http://uproxx.com/realtalk/migos-wouldnt-work-with-drag-queens-snl-katy-perry/

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#233 [url]

May 24 17 7:07 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:

more drag queens on the set for that song, but after Migos threw a fit, Katy Perry’s team removed some of the queens from the performance. Additionally, Katy Perry didn’t invite any of the queens to the afterparty… So, none of them were allowed in.”

Could be totally untrue of course but if it isn't, it shows hypocrisy on a major level from Perry. She's spent the last few months preaching to the world about infinite respect and love, standing up for it like a PC Joan of Arc, only to turn a convenient blind eye when her showbiz mates get uncomfortable about a big wig and a pair of chicken fillets.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#235 [url]

May 25 17 11:34 AM

kittykow105 wrote:
I read that Katy Perry unfollowed Migos from Instagram, probably because of the homophobia. I won't be surprised if she doesn't perform with them again.

It's weird that this is how one measures relationships in this day and age She should speak out on it if she is offended by their behavior

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#236 [url]

May 27 17 11:20 AM

"Bon Appetit" peaked at #59 on the Billboard Hot 100, thanks to its video

Capitol Records has moved on to "Swish Swish" as the current single to be promoted according to Billboard

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#237 [url]

May 29 17 5:44 AM

I've been hearing Swish Swish a fair bit, I think it has more potential to do well than Bon Appetite which was just awful

Quote    Reply   

#239 [url]

May 31 17 1:14 AM

#Justice4BoneAppleTea

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock

#240 [url]

Jun 3 17 9:18 AM

The album is going to be released next Friday with no current hit song

Swish Swish is flopping on Pop radio and is not charting on other formats

According to a Pulse member who works on a radio station: Apparently this is only a temporary focus track that was serviced because "Bon Apetit" failed to catch on, and the next single, which will have a video, is TBD by listeners. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help