Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#101 [url]

Feb 16 17 3:18 PM

From a woman who had lyrics "do you ever feel like a plastic bag" I don't really pay much attention to her lyrics lol.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#102 [url]

Feb 16 17 4:46 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
Kevon wrote:
Is it bad this is already off my playlist? I got bored of it real quick...

I am tired as well. I blame it on the political lyrics

Do you really find them that bad?

They are not bad, it is simply a subject that I don't want on repeat on my free time

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#103 [url]

Feb 16 17 5:26 PM

I would not call the song political. It's social commentary, sure, but its not political.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#104 [url]

Feb 17 17 3:05 PM

Vincent wrote:
I would not call the song political. It's social commentary, sure, but its not political.

Agreed and its not even in your face. Its quite (by design I suspect) subjective. It reminds me of what an act like Pet Shop Boys would do - using pop music to comment on things but you need to read deeper to see it. If Katy was telling America they were stupid and blow up the White House then I could understand but she isn't.  

Quote    Reply   

#105 [url]

Feb 17 17 4:51 PM

Like Carlos and Vinny already said, I don't find this song "political" at all. Social commentary is a better description, and to a casual listener they might not even get it.

Kevon wrote:
Is it bad this is already off my playlist? I got bored of it real quick...

I actually thought this could happen when I first heard it (it hasn't happened to me yet). The chorus (which I think is fantastic) is always repeated twice, so by the end of the song you've heard the chorus A LOT. That might give it a quick burnout rate?

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Feb 17 17 4:54 PM

Kevon wrote:
It wasn't even funny shade. "Only thing I haven't done is shave my head but I'm saving that for a public breakdown, I'm down for that." Lame. Was she drunk like she was when she came for Mariah?

Can't stand when people make fun of mental health, it's not funny. And I really don't like when mental health jokes are directed at Britney and Mariah, who were put through the wringer. So Katy gets a big smiley: sick from me for saying that.

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Feb 17 17 5:00 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
I like Katy, but her performance at the Grammy is further proof that she is not a live performer. She was off key and everything was blah

The performance started off kinda bad, but towards the middle picked up - however that was a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. Ended up feeling a big disappointed, being that it was a Grammy performance of a brand new lead single.

Also - I the hair/outfit was horrendous. And IMO she's beautiful too, not into this look at all.

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Katy's isolated vocal from the Grammy's performance:

Glad to see they don't just try to embarrass Mariah...

Sadly, this one won't go viral and people won't trash her for months because the expectations are so much lower...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#113 [url]

It's... nice. Maybe it could have been edited better to make it more interesting. I miss the Teenage Dream Katy already

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#115 [url]

Not bad overall, From the Marley part to the ending was the best part & fit the song much better , the black cat suit thing and kind of the Divergent movie looking set they brought in at that point was great It would've been cool if they explored that and similar ideas more throughout the video.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#116 [url]

Great video, it's very well done with the symbolism and references, etc., too bad the song isn't anywhere near as good as the visual. That's usually the case with her, though here the visuals go beyond being simply entertaining. In general, I wish her music and voice were better. Oh well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#117 [url]

Chained to the Rhythm debuts at #4 on the Hot 100.

Katy Perry roars onto the Hot 100 at No. 4 with "Chained to the Rhythm," featuring Skip Marley. (The debut marks the highest for a song by a lead female since Adele's "Hello" launched at No. 1 on Nov. 14, 2015.) "Rhythm," released along with its official lyric video at midnight on Feb. 10 -- followed by Perry and Marley's performance of it on the Grammys two nights later -- debuts at No. 3 on Digital Song Sales (108,000 first-week downloads sold) and No. 15 on Streaming Songs (14.7 million), while charging 35-20 on Radio Songs (50 million in audience after its first full week of tracking).

Perry scores her 14th Hot 100 top 10 and the third-highest-debuting of her 25 Hot 100 entries. She bowed higher only with "Part of Me" (No. 1, 2012) and "California Gurls," featuring Snoop Dogg (No. 2, 2010). She earns her first top 10 in nearly three years; she was last in the top 10 in January-June 2014 with "Dark Horse" (featuring Juicy J), which spent four weeks at No. 1 (marking her ninth leader).

"Rhythm," whose official proper video was released today (Feb. 21), previews Perry's forthcoming studio album, her first since 2013's PRISM, expected later this year.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help