Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

Lead

Jan 8 17 1:59 PM

Tags : :

Anyone watch the premiere (Monday)? I thought it was kind of boring and Kyle was barely in it. I didn't really see any drama in the trailer either. Last season was good with all the drama with Brandi, Kenya and Vivica.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 8 17 2:19 PM

I watched! I thought it was interesting that Porsha presented herself as a far more intelligent person already than we've ever seen her on housewives, well-spoken and all. Also hoping to see more Kyle-- I wouldn't be surprised if she wins, by the way.

I will say I thought Arnold was hilarious and probably the best possible choice for a replacement-- I died when he said "You're terminated, head to the choppa." It's weird to think that I actually used to somewhat enjoy watching Trump on this show and now I hate him more than probably anyone else on earth.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#2 [url]

Jan 17 17 4:12 PM

jamiclever wrote:

I will say I thought Arnold was hilarious and probably the best possible choice for a replacement-- I died when he said "You're terminated, head to the choppa."

I loved that bit smiley: laugh I'm not sure about Arnold after the first episode. He is very stiff and lacks that tenacious, spitfire entrepreneur spirit that Trump obviously had. Bit like setting the show in LA and not New York, the show has lost a bit of that boardroom hustler bite with a new host/location. Porsha is definitely a lot better on here. She's funny but smarter and a lot more interesting than her calculated, one note RHOA persona.

I'm gonna need the new cast to grow on me. The first task felt so blink and you'll miss it, so very few of the people had a moment.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#3 [url]

Jan 18 17 2:05 PM

I don't know if I'll finish the season, it's so. damn. boring. Ratings are waaay down from last season too- they really needed a couple of Omarosas and Brandis to get some conflict going. I also agree that LA so does not work as a location for a show like this, it just doesn't have the energy of NYC.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 18 17 6:01 PM

Well now that Kyle and Jon Lovitz are gone I don't know if I'll keep watching. The episodes are too long and I don't care THAT much about Porsha to be watching her twice a week...

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#7 [url]

Jan 19 17 10:17 AM

Has this show changed production team since the LA move? I'm finding it very hard to connect on the tasks and casts. Like I have no idea (from the first two episodes anyway) who is really doing what and see so little of the task in action that I can't conclude how its going or who could be fired over it, which makes it all very disconnecting.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#8 [url]

Jan 19 17 3:53 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
 Ratings are waaay down from last season too- they really needed a couple of Omarosas and Brandis to get some conflict going.

The casting is a big flaw. They've gone way too overboard on sports personalities for one. The only really interesting people are Boy George and that gay comedian.  The previous season was far superior, a good mix of different personalities from all different backgrounds.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 19 17 4:01 PM

^They probably thought Leila Ali was gonna be a lot more likable and Porsha was gonna be a lot messier (a la Nene/Kenya when they were on the show).

I'd imagine ratings are also down because Trump is still technically a producer of the show and people don't want to support anything he does.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#10 [url]

Jan 19 17 4:10 PM

jamiclever wrote:
^They probably thought Leila Ali was gonna be a lot more likable and Porsha was gonna be a lot messier (a la Nene/Kenya when they were on the show).

Lisa is surprising me to be a totally chip on the shoulder, utterly unaware mess. Her beefy with Leila is great TV smiley: laugh

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Jan 19 17 4:14 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#11 [url]

Jan 21 17 12:05 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
 Ratings are waaay down from last season too- they really needed a couple of Omarosas and Brandis to get some conflict going.

The casting is a big flaw. They've gone way too overboard on sports personalities for one. The only really interesting people are Boy George and that gay comedian.  The previous season was far superior, a good mix of different personalities from all different backgrounds.

I don't get how they thought Kyle would be a good fit with how she's so desperate to always be 'nice' on TV these days. They should've brought in someone crazy and dramatic like a Tamra or Ramona.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#13 [url]

Jan 22 17 7:18 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

I don't get how they thought Kyle would be a good fit with how she's so desperate to always be 'nice' on TV these days. They should've brought in someone crazy and dramatic like a Tamra or Ramona.

If they wanted to go Housewives, I wish they'd got in Phaedra. She'd have been way better than Porsha. Can you imagine her in the boardroom? 

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#14 [url]

Jan 22 17 9:29 AM

Phaedra would be great, she'd eviscerate any opponent in the board room. Ramona would be great just cos she'd go absolutely mad under pressure in the board room.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#15 [url]

Jan 23 17 2:51 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Phaedra would be great, she'd eviscerate any opponent in the board room. laugh.gif Ramona would be great just cos she'd go absolutely mad under pressure in the board room. laugh.gif

Ramona would be good. I actually think she's very underestimated in intelligence, particularly in business. I'd love to see her really show that over pinot and scatty moments (we can have some of them too though smiley: laugh). Sad to see Kyle go, I actually thought she'd do better. Unlike last season, I can't see a clear winner at all.  

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#16 [url]

Jan 29 17 2:02 PM

So Porsha was also fired. A pity they didn't choose stronger Housewives for this. Kyle and Porsha both lost their tasks and failed to make any money for their charity. I suspect they are keeping Lisa on this show for sheer ratings. She's hopeless, listens to no one, blames everyone and has such an attitude. As it stands, I think Carson could be the only viable winner at the moment.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#18 [url]

Jan 30 17 6:58 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
The casting is awful

The casting is terrible. And I think they know it, even to the point where they tried to create a dramatic boardroom moment like Kenya.Vivica with phonegate but it literally felt like a total anti-climax and FLOP FLOP.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help