Remove this ad

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#41 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:12 PM

It's amusing to me seeing fans who probably make 30-50k a year worrying about whether their favorite celebrity will make 8 million or 10 million next year. And puhleeze. Benny wasn't an attention @%#[email protected] and we never really heard from him while he was manager, so I can't say for sure, but I imagine his philosophy as a manager was to get Mariah to be the respected vocal legend she is, and he succeeded very much in doing that.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:18 PM

jrsoares wrote:
Not that it was really necessary at this point, but this is her official entrance at the ''Legacy Era'' of her career isn't it?

LOL first thing I thought when I read the news was "Legacy Artist status - complete." 

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#43 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:21 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
It's amusing to me seeing fans who probably make 30-50k a year worrying about whether their favorite celebrity will make 8 million or 10 million next year. And puhleeze. Benny wasn't an attention @%#[email protected] and we never really heard from him while he was manager, so I can't say for sure, but I imagine his philosophy as a manager was to get Mariah to be the respected vocal legend she is, and he succeeded very much in doing that.
Yeah cause the perfumes were all about Mariah the vocal Legend!! Girl plea. 

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#44 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:24 PM

Didn't Benny also appear in the MTV skit to bring Mariah the shoe when she was on the treadmill?

And then went back to J.Lo shady ass. #neverforget

Quote    Reply   

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#46 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:37 PM

Lionel has a residency at Planet Hollywood (Caesars owns them), titled All The Hits. I actually think this is just his residency stage and set list, but on a traveling tour. I want to say this is what Mariah is doing also (just the 18 number ones), but I'm not sure.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:39 PM

WOW wow wow!!  image

I never saw this coming! I guess Mariah has stopped fighting the "legacy act" stage of her career...
I think this is smart considering touring is where she makes money now. It does make me question if this will have an impact on her new material, now that she's courting an older, record buying demo...I'm sure they're not going to be into Hit Boy bops and rap features ... image

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:49 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
jrsoares wrote:
Not that it was really necessary at this point, but this is her official entrance at the ''Legacy Era'' of her career isn't it?

LOL first thing I thought when I read the news was "Legacy Artist status - complete." 

Well she is 46. You can only fight that label so long.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:55 PM

I have to say I'm happy cause I love Lionel Richie and they somehow share a sound for those 90s ballads. Ok, he's not current, but I'd rather see her with him than with some talentless "artist of the week".
I'm just curious to see what the formula will be like. if she's a "special guest" she won't be opening, she's more like a special attraction of the night coming in the third quarter of the show, I suppose. We'll see. I also wonder if this has something to do with her will to spend a smaller amount of time on stage, per night, maybe for vocal care. Maybe she'll finally ditch the backing tracks and the lipsynching. Mmmm ok, one can only dream

Quote    Reply   

jrsoares

#50 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:56 PM

From her Facebook:

636171354124652819-LIONELMARIAH-1000x100

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#53 [url]

Dec 12 16 1:05 PM

I don't see why this would be a bad thing. This may help her re-connect with some of the older audience she's lost throughout the years. She can always tour by herself or tour with a "younger" act another time. IMO her going on tour is nothing but a great thing, especially if they're gonna be filling up big venues.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Dec 12 16 1:21 PM

I didn't think I would see the day where Mariah becomes the opening act. She could easily tour on her own and be the main event at smaller venues. I doubt I will waste any time or money on this random tour. I have zero interest in Lionel Richie.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#55 [url]

Dec 12 16 1:25 PM

mcfan wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
It's a waste of time on mariahs part but not a waste to Stella's bank account
See comments like these is what I find pretty baseless. First of all, Mariah's a singer and she's never really established herself as a touring act. If she wants to do it now we should all encourage this insted of bringing it down as a manoeuvre by her "shady" manager to get more money. 

Albums don't sell anymore. Mariah isn't getting any younger and she needs to make these choices to sustain herself in the long run. I actually applaud her for getting her ass on stage performing around the world for 3 years. It's what she should've done 10 years ago tbh after TEOM. 

I 100% agree with all of this. Mariah has neglected for a long time the touring area and she's got a low reputation for it. When even Celine Dion is known for being a more solid tour act worth seeing, you don't need to be a genius to realise Mariah has neglected this aspect of her career. What else is she going to do? Chase hits and smash album campaigns that aren't there? The money and interest is there for an artist at Mariah's stage now, not in the Billboard Hot 100.

And you're right again, she should have been doing this right after TEOM, preparing for the inevitable "legacy status" and toured the world.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#56 [url]

Dec 12 16 1:26 PM

mcfan wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
I know you're Stella's #1 fan Mario but she said openly her only job is to make Mariah, and hence herself, money. if you have a manager admitting money is the #1 priority, it's not hard to imagine her making decisions around that philosophy. And yeah I know everyone will tell me the music industry is a business and everyone wants to make money and blah blah blah, but there definitely was a time when Mariah felt she had enough in her bank and did creative things for the art of it, and profit came second.
My post ain't even about Stella and her mindset. Touring is what artists do, it's not like Stella is having Mariah sell p*ssy in Iceland just to make money. 

What's shady about booking shows and concerts? It's not just about the money, it's making investments for the future. Hopefully when album sales die completely Mariah will at least be able to sell a concert ticket to sustain herself and her children.

And about the times when Mariah felt she had enough money, well she was single and she didn't have a family to take care of. Albums still sold and she was making money selling her music. Not anymore. 

You're on a good little run today, aren't you? Another totally bang on post.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Dec 12 16 1:33 PM

I read the article on the Sun-Times website, and they portrayed it as "touring together" so I dunno what "special guest" is supposed to mean.

Also, it looks like they are going to large venues, in Chicago it is at the United Center.  

Bleh, tickets go on sale next week but I don't want to pay if she is only on stage for a short time.  I don't dislike Lionel but to drive up there and all that, it gets expensive.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#59 [url]

Dec 12 16 1:34 PM

mcfan wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Just as a reminder, Mariah started being a "businesswoman" 10 years ago when she made ringtones for Pepsi, and AD for Intel and launched her first perfume under Benny's management. I guess he wasn't money hungry though for having her do all that.

I do think a lot of the criticism is rooted in misogyny. Fans were not attacking Benny for doing basically the same things.
Okay? Benny is still hailed as this career saver too. 

He was though, in the sense he was the manager that got her career back to what was possible at that time. Back in 2005, it was still potentially viable to get Mariah back to that spot she'd fallen from, turning around all the terrible public perceptions and getting her hit after hit, plus a mega selling album. In 2016, Stella may be doing the same thing by getting Mariah back to the best possible position within the realms of where her career is at now.

Benny totally resurrected Mariah back to that record shattering, chart conquering popstar we all knew her for.

Stella may have realised that just isn't possible musically in 2016, so Mariah needs to get back on top but in a different way. A new approach for a new age.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#60 [url]

Dec 12 16 1:36 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
It's amusing to me seeing fans who probably make 30-50k a year worrying about whether their favorite celebrity will make 8 million or 10 million next year.

Less or more amusing than you obsessing over what your favourite celebrities manager is coining into her purse? 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help