Remove this ad

#541 [url]

Jul 25 17 9:51 AM

It's not a matter of opinion when every concert you been to the audience gets excited and then just stands there awkwardly and then sits down for the rest of the song.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#544 [url]

Jul 25 17 11:26 AM

I don't hate SIO live, but I do wish she'd get more creative and turn it into more of a medley so she can also work in Obsessed and #Beautiful (both of which deserve a spot and make sense for her to showcase some "newer" music). IKWYW/SIO/Obsessed/#B would be great and fun medley.

She's gotta make room for her other smashes -- how can she leave off Emotions, Dreamlover, and Fantasy? Those are literally 3 of her most iconic songs -- I know as a fan I'd be disappointed if I went to her concert and didn't hear any of those.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,436

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#547 [url]

Jul 25 17 1:51 PM

jamiclever wrote:
I don't hate SIO live, but I do wish she'd get more creative and turn it into more of a medley so she can also work in Obsessed and #Beautiful (both of which deserve a spot and make sense for her to showcase some "newer" music). IKWYW/SIO/Obsessed/#B would be great and fun medley.

She's gotta make room for her other smashes -- how can she leave off Emotions, Dreamlover, and Fantasy? Those are literally 3 of her most iconic songs -- I know as a fan I'd be disappointed if I went to her concert and didn't hear any of those.


But this isn't her show though, she's a Special guest. She usually does Fantasy, Emotions and DL (or two out of three). Go to a Madonna show and she'll do like 8 iconic hits and then 12 horrible new songs/flops. Mariah stays pretty strictly with the hits if you compare.


  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Mariah10Carey88

Posts: 9,280


my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#548 [url]

Jul 25 17 2:04 PM

Lolol the standom is hilarious here. If you're arguing she is staying true to the name of the tour by doing only "hits", that's fine not to expect her to start singing Outside or Faded or some obscure fan favorite (although she did tease that on twitter and in press interviews). But I can't take you seriously if you're defending her decision to sing Shake It Off and Touch My Body for the millionth time when she has had at least a dozen more songs that were more popular or just as popular that have been covered in dust since the 90s. but keeping it real the reason she keeps doing songs like that and IKWYW is because they're pretty much one note songs and a hell of a lot easier to sing then say Can't Let Go (same peak position as SIO), Dreamlover, Make it Happen, Endless Love, or Anytime You Need a Friend (higher chart position than ILT).

Quote    Reply   

#549 [url]

Jul 25 17 2:08 PM

Madonna has the luxury of being one of the best concert performers out there. She can compensate for mediocre songs via staging, choreography etc. 


Regardless, if I were a fan of hers I'd also want her to perform the crowd pleasers over the non-crowd pleasers. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,436

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#550 [url]

Jul 25 17 2:11 PM

^^And your hatred is hilarious. Don't you have something better to do than to make nasty digs at an artist you haven't liked for the last 20 years? Like record off-key YouTube renditions of said artist's 90s hits?


  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#551 [url]

Jul 25 17 2:13 PM

But does she need to do the same "standard" songs at every show, or are we far enough removed from them that she can get away with it? Specifically, "Hero", "We Belong Together", "My All" and "Heartbreaker" are getting annoying. I know WBT should stay, but the others don't need to be performed at EVERY concert. Yes, even "Hero". I think people would notice but I don't think that matters. Stevie Nicks doesn't perform "Landslide" at every show anymore. I noticed when I saw her live, but I was also grateful to hear some rare stuff instead.

I wouldn't compare Mariah to Madonna, but Madonna's setlists are so varied from one tour to the next, and both have enough of a back catalog and enough hits that Mariah could do the same. Or like Janet who is probably the best at putting medleys together so you get more songs represented within a short period of time.

Mariah needs to let go of the assumption that people will go home and cry if she doesn't sing "Hero" or "Always Be My Baby". Sure some people would say "I can't believe she didn't do ____" but who really cares? I think changing things up constantly would draw more of a crowd anyway. I know that I really haven't gone out of my way to see her live in recent years because it's kind of like a "been there done that" kind of mentality. Except for the Beacon show I went to last year, which I was excited about because I hadn't seen most of those songs live before.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,436

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#552 [url]

Jul 25 17 2:17 PM

^Clearly she can't change things up, even in this thread people are bitching because she isn't doing Fantasy for the millionth time. It's insane.


  

Quote    Reply   

#553 [url]

Jul 25 17 6:00 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
^^And your hatred is hilarious. Don't you have something better to do than to make nasty digs at an artist you haven't liked for the last 20 years? Like record off-key YouTube renditions of said artist's 90s hits?

A bit much to go in this personal and defensive when the argument at hand is about Shake it Off being a good setlist choice. Criticizing a song for not being good live is not a nasty dig. And it's not a nasty dig to credit Madonna for being able to dance and stage her way into making a lesser song fun to watch when that was your supporting argument. I merely countered your argument, and did it well. 

I and many other fans can still wear our Mariah lolipop tanks (which is arriving Friday,) and still fairly critique the artist and her choices in a civil manner. 


Quote    Reply   

#554 [url]

Jul 25 17 6:32 PM

I honestly think the SIO inclusion is just fun for her, and maybe that helps her on her end to connect with the audience. With that said, I don't know WHAT IKWYW is still doing on the setlist, but it's so short, it's kind of of like a bonus. To hear she cut My All and One Sweet Day out though, I think Sacramento got cheated. Hopefully the setlist will evolve as the tour progresses. And hopefully we get ONE on-stage moment with the two of them together at some point in the tour. Although, it is hard for her to go out with a bang if she comes back during his show, and it's hard for him to make an entrance if he appears during her set.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,475 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#555 [url]

Jul 25 17 6:52 PM

Robbie80 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
^^And your hatred is hilarious. Don't you have something better to do than to make nasty digs at an artist you haven't liked for the last 20 years? Like record off-key YouTube renditions of said artist's 90s hits?

A bit much to go in this personal and defensive when the argument at hand is about Shake it Off being a good setlist choice. Criticizing a song for not being good live is not a nasty dig. And it's not a nasty dig to credit Madonna for being able to dance and stage her way into making a lesser song fun to watch when that was your supporting argument. I merely countered your argument, and did it well. 

I and many other fans can still wear our Mariah lolipop tanks (which is arriving Friday,) and still fairly critique the artist and her choices in a civil manner. 



Don't think his comment was aimed at you (indeed, your post wasn't negative). It was crossed, simultaneous posting.

  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,981

#Beautiful

#557 [url]

Jul 25 17 8:20 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
but keeping it real the reason she keeps doing songs like that and IKWYW is because they're pretty much one note songs and a hell of a lot easier to sing then say Can't Let Go (same peak position as SIO), Dreamlover, Make it Happen, Endless Love, or Anytime You Need a Friend (higher chart position than ILT).
Risultati immagini per girl bye gif

  
  

Quote    Reply   

#558 [url]

Jul 25 17 10:14 PM

Yeah Mariah has love for SIO and since it almost went to no.1 she thinks of it like a no.1 however as fans we know it's boring live. She needs to keep the hits, mabye add in another throwback like Emotions or DreamLover or Fantasy or Honey and throw in an acapella or short accompanied minute or two of a fan favourite to tick that box such as Anytime You Need A Friend which she hasn't sung since what, 1996? It's not that difficult, I know she finds it hard to please everyone and we're a tough crowd but it's not that difficult. I think turning SIO into a medley with Obsessed and Beautiful is a great idea also!

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Mariah10Carey88

Posts: 9,280


my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#559 [url]

Jul 25 17 11:38 PM

No **%+ the artist can do what they want. The fans can also do what they want and not buy tickets to the show if they don't like the set list.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,436

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#560 [url]

Jul 26 17 2:24 AM

^Then do that and STFU instead of bitching about the same stupid thing for years on end. She did all her hits in Vegas for years, you had plenty opportunity to see a de facto GH show. Now let her be an artist and do her own show the way she sees fit.


  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help