Remove this ad

#521 [url]

Jul 22 17 8:29 PM

im tryna guess what she will sing...maybe loverboy DEFINITELY infinity...dreamlover I dont...looks good right??
https://twitter.com/Golden1Center/status/888896440046686208

Last Edited By: Jeffjiang98 Jul 22 17 8:39 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#524 [url]

Jul 22 17 11:49 PM

Just saw the livestream. She cut My All and One Sweet Day but it's otherwise the same setlist as last night. Shame because My All was always a vocal highlight IMO, but she didn't sound too bad.

Quote    Reply   

Migrate90

#525 [url]

Jul 23 17 1:57 AM

vinjer wrote:
So thet met smile.gif

https://scontent.fsof3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20245548_135809357011550_3705335014849863648_n.jpg?oh=085854ff60f1118b7066deacf707609a&oe=59FCB57A

SMH. What has Lionel done to his face?! Between this and another photo I saw the other day, it looks like it's been stung by bees. Hope he's not becoming the black Kenny Rogers... smiley: indifferent

And it sucks Mariah dropped "My All" (and OSD) on last night's show. Instead of adding songs and cutting the crap such as "Shake It Off," she's cutting stuff. She was in good voice again though. VOL has become such a joy to hear, she kills it! So, slay away girl!! 

Quote    Reply   

#527 [url]

Jul 23 17 11:26 PM

Review from Bay Area local news channel KRON4

http://kron4.com/2017/07/23/all-the-hits-tour-with-lionel-richie-and-mariah-carey-gets-a-standing-ovation-at-oracle-arena/

All The Hits Tour with Lionel Richie and Mariah Carey Gets a Standing Ovation at Oracle Arena

(KRON) Originally scheduled for a March start then delayed due to Lionel Richie’s knee surgery, the All The Hits Tour got a phenomenal start at the Oracle Arena in Oakland. The co-headlining tour with Mariah Carey and Lionel Richie brought different generations of fans together under one roof.

Controversy has surrounded Mariah Carey as to whether she is still able to hit those high-range notes that put her on the music stardom track back in the early ‘90s. Her set and vocal range from the show is sure to silence the doubters of her great ability to sing.

In her true diva form, Mariah Carey got to the front of the stage wearing a form-fitting silver siren gown and wearing sky-high Louboutins heels. A full band and three backup singers accompanied her throughout the set list. There was no need for her handsome dancers because the night belonged to Mariah and the vocal display of some of her biggest hits from her three-decade long career.

“This backlighting is not good for me,” she told the audience. The tone of her voice was not of complaint, but rather an ode to how she is perceived as being difficult. Her engagement with the public throughout her hour plus long set demonstrated that she was genuinely happy to be performing. She truly made the show feel intimate despite the arena setting.

Her set included some of her many hits, such as “Heartbreaker,” “We Belong Together,” “Shake It Off,” and “Always Be My Baby,” and “One Sweet Day,” two songs that were the highlight of her set.

“This is my first song ever, well, technically but it was my first single” she told the audience before belting out “Vision of Love” from her 1990 self-titled debut album.

She ended her set with the song “Hero” from 1993’s album Music Box.

Knee surgery was a small setback to the legend, Lionel Richie, he kicked off his set with the classic “Sunday Morning.”

“This is the first show of the U.S. tour with lady Mariah,” Richie told the crowd, “look at the people around you, that’s who you’re gonna hear all night long” which drew cheers and applause from the audience.

“Penny Lover,” “Dancing On The Ceiling,” “All Night Long,” all brought fans to their feet.

“I haven’t seen dancing like since 1976 y’all” Richie wiping off sweat from his face told the crowd.

“This place has such roots for me, that I feel like it’s home” Richie reminded the crowd of the special connection he has to the Bay Area; The Commodores got their start at the Cow Palace with none other than the Jackson 5. The cheers from the audience served as a reminder that many of those in attendance were part of that very first show. The set also included “Three Times A Lady” and “Brickhouse” which everyone sang along to, making it hard to believe that the songs were released over four decades ago.

While one may think that Mariah Carey’s fan base is completely different from that of Lionel Richie’s, this co-headlining tour is proving that the power of music builds a bridge to connect a generational gap.

All The Hits Tour will continue throughout the United States with stops in LA, Dallas, Boston, and will conclude on September 5 in Seattle.

Quote    Reply   

#528 [url]

Jul 24 17 3:00 AM

Can we talk about how freaking amazing her vocals on these past 2 dates have been ? Her tone and most importantly her belting is finally rich and strong again! On the 2nd Show she even managed to breath New life into Shake It Off by add some great full voice add-lips and that was never a favorite Live for me! Vision Of Love is amazing the belts are so clear and strong and Hero on the 2nd Night was incredible I love how she did more straight forward full vocals like she did back in 94 and up until the 2000's. So proud of our girl and can't wait for the next show! I just hope she bring back My All and adds a fan favorite in place of Touch My Body or Shake It Off every once in awhile.

Last Edited By: Gawain of Suffolk Jul 24 17 3:33 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#529 [url]

Jul 24 17 4:55 AM

Hopefully she continues to get more good press. She is sounding fantastic.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#530 [url]

Jul 24 17 2:25 PM

I really wish she wasn't basically a warm up act and had come inbetween Lionel's set. But that aside, the setlist is mostly sensible (barring the odd WTF choice like the dreaded SIO and IKWYW) and she's sounding really good. Hopefully she's getting some of this voice down on the new album.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#531 [url]

Jul 24 17 2:28 PM

Migrate90 wrote:
I understand that this is "The Hits" tour, but still what the hell are IKWYW, SIO or even TMB doing there considering the type of crowd she's singing for?

It is puzzling. She should have leaned onto some more AC songs for this type of crowd. I imagine Lionel fans went into a coma for those three songs (I don't blame them either - even as a fan they are the most boring, drawn out songs live).

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#532 [url]

Jul 24 17 3:11 PM

If she's on the stage for one hour it's almost like a full set, thus it makes sense for her to perform two of her biggest hits TMB and SIO. I mean if Aretha Franklin was jamming to TMB so could Lionel's fans. It's not like Lionel's fans are all 70 and Mariah's fans are all 20. The two fan bases are probably closer in age/music references than some of you think.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#533 [url]

Jul 24 17 3:51 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
If she's on the stage for one hour it's almost like a full set, thus it makes sense for her to perform two of her biggest hits TMB and SIO. I mean if Aretha Franklin was jamming to TMB so could Lionel's fans. It's not like Lionel's fans are all 70 and Mariah's fans are all 20. The two fan bases are probably closer in age/music references than some of you think.
Thank you for always being rational. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#534 [url]

Jul 24 17 5:07 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
It's not like Lionel's fans are all 70 and Mariah's fans are all 20. The two fan bases are probably closer in age/music references than some of you think.

Well, there were plenty of people only a few months ago on here swearing blind her fanbases had nothing in common...

Quote    Reply   

#535 [url]

Jul 24 17 6:28 PM

SIO criticism isn't due to it's chart success or even being a bad song -- it's never been a good live song, ever. It just drags on and on.

If anything she should do more songs in a medley with less time devoted per song if she wants to expose others but not go all into them. Maybe do a midtempo medley and then a ballad medley later. I actually loved that time she did the I Wish You Knew, OSD, Can't Let Go for Adventures of Mimi. They left me wanting more.

Quote    Reply   

#536 [url]

Jul 24 17 8:43 PM

I actually love what she did with Shake It Off on the 2nd Show with the full voice add-libs and I'd rather her sing that then say Obsessed which is even more boring Live. She really is giving people all the hits so we shouldn't be mad at her for that. I think it be great to remind this crowd of her huge AC Hits that even she has said she was a fan of that weren't #1 like Can't Let Go and Anytime You Need A Friend. I remember she tweeted she was thinking about doing Anytime You Need A Friend and I wish she would cause that would make fans and the average Joe really happy!

Check all the amazing vocals from the 2nd night here!

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#537 [url]

Jul 25 17 6:24 AM

Robbie80 wrote:
SIO criticism isn't due to it's chart success or even being a bad song -- it's never been a good live song, ever. It just drags on and on.
This. It's such a boring song to hear live.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#539 [url]

Jul 25 17 8:12 AM

mcfan wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
Thank you for always being rational. 

+1

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#540 [url]

Jul 25 17 8:31 AM

Kevon wrote:
Robbie80 wrote:
This. It's such a boring song to hear live.

That's a matter of opinion though. It's boring to watch in a video but kinda fun when you're there in person. Regardless it's one of her biggest hits and she can't do just her 90s hits or people would complain about that instead. Now if she would pull out BINY or something I might agree with you lol..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help