Remove this ad

jrsoares

#21 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:24 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
It's a waste of time on mariahs part but not a waste to Stella's bank account

Oh please. It's not like Mariah would do a whole tour with Lionel just because Stella told her to do so.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:24 AM

Well, as an opening act, I hope she's on time. If she's even an hour late her set could just be scrapped. Very strange thing to commit to. 35 dates is huge even as an opener. Mariah's World Season 2 Episode One "Endless Love...Of Money"

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#23 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:28 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

But Mariah says "I'll be touring with.." not I'll be a guest on his tour. So that makes me think they are 50/50 on it. 

The tour is officially listed on her Facebook events page as "with guest Mariah Carey". If she's 50/50 on the tour, she wouldn't be listed as a sidebar to Lionel, no?

Oh. I went by her announcement, didn't see that. 

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:28 AM

ShayneFly wrote:
Mariah's World Season 2 Episode One "Endless Love...Of Money"

You've hit the nail on the head. People can say that this is her entrance to the legacy world or can blame it all on Stella. But Mariah's main goal is to make money nowadays and that's primarily what this is.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#25 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:30 AM

jrsoares wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:

Oh please. It's not like Mariah would do a whole tour with Lionel just because Stella told her to do so.

Why not? She persuaded her to do a movie on the Hallmark channel, a reality show, and fake relationship for publicity lol. I'm not saying Mariah didn't agree to it. She wasn't coerced. She's a grown woman. But clearly impressionable, and Stella is seemingly a genius at persuasion.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#26 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:33 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
See comments like these is what I find pretty baseless. First of all, Mariah's a singer and she's never really established herself as a touring act. If she wants to do it now we should all encourage this insted of bringing it down as a manoeuvre by her "shady" manager to get more money. 

Albums don't sell anymore. Mariah isn't getting any younger and she needs to make these choices to sustain herself in the long run. I actually applaud her for getting her ass on stage performing around the world for 3 years. It's what she should've done 10 years ago tbh after TEOM. 

Yes, I want new music too and I would love to get it sooner rather than later but it'll come when it's ready and when Mariah's ready to deliver it. If she isn't feeling inspired to create music right now, then let her do something else instead of coming with a half-assed album. 

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:39 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
jrsoares wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:

Why not? She persuaded her to do a movie on the Hallmark channel, a reality show, and fake relationship for publicity lol. I'm not saying Mariah didn't agree to it. She wasn't coerced. She's a grown woman. But clearly impressionable, and Stella is seemingly a genius at persuasion.

She's not that impressionable to say she held her last album hostage for months. She went through several managers since Benny. So she's not exactly a pushover. She's doing what she wants and herself and the direction Stella seems to have for her is what Mariah seems most happy with because it's making Mariah money. The alternative is what? She works with a manager who she doesn't gel with. Goes into the studio and makes an album that she ends up delaying for eternity because she starts feuding with the label over the direction and single choices. Meanwhile, she's not making money while this is going on. I don't like the idea of this tour or tacky hallmark movies but I see why she's doing it. It's making her money and its attempting to connect with fans that might buy another album whenever that will be.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#29 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:40 AM

I know you're Stella's #1 fan Mario but she said openly her only job is to make Mariah, and hence herself, money. if you have a manager admitting money is the #1 priority, it's not hard to imagine her making decisions around that philosophy. And yeah I know everyone will tell me the music industry is a business and everyone wants to make money and blah blah blah, but there definitely was a time when Mariah felt she had enough in her bank and did creative things for the art of it, and profit came second.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:43 AM

mcfan wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
See comments like these is what I find pretty baseless. First of all, Mariah's a singer and she's never really established herself as a touring act. If she wants to do it now we should all encourage this insted of bringing it down as a manoeuvre by her "shady" manager to get more money. 

Albums don't sell anymore. Mariah isn't getting any younger and she needs to make these choices to sustain herself in the long run. I actually applaud her for getting her ass on stage performing around the world for 3 years. It's what she should've done 10 years ago tbh after TEOM. 

Yes, I want new music too and I would love to get it sooner rather than later but it'll come when it's ready and when Mariah's ready to deliver it. If she isn't feeling inspired to create music right now, then let her do something else instead of coming with a half-assed album. 
You make some great points! Mariah not only has been performing more then ever but she's really grown as a performer all around! Her shows are much more interesting then they use to be and she actually puts a good amount of effort into working the stage instead of just laying there like on The Angles Advocate Tour. I'm so proud of Mimi for growing and giving her fan's a World Wide Tour they and she can be proud of. This move just doesn't seem like a good one with the timing though. She's got Mariah's World on TV right now and the public paying attention again this is the time to focus on getting some quality music that is catchy as hell but still timeless recorded and ready for release. Looking at the Christmas Concerts and her choices in wardrobe and not caring about her shape or voice like she did on the SSFT it seems she's either settling in for a rest or ready to undo all the good press all that hard work last year got her.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#31 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:46 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
I know you're Stella's #1 fan Mario but she said openly her only job is to make Mariah, and hence herself, money. if you have a manager admitting money is the #1 priority, it's not hard to imagine her making decisions around that philosophy. And yeah I know everyone will tell me the music industry is a business and everyone wants to make money and blah blah blah, but there definitely was a time when Mariah felt she had enough in her bank and did creative things for the art of it, and profit came second.
My post ain't even about Stella and her mindset. Touring is what artists do, it's not like Stella is having Mariah sell p*ssy in Iceland just to make money. 

What's shady about booking shows and concerts? It's not just about the money, it's making investments for the future. Hopefully when album sales die completely Mariah will at least be able to sell a concert ticket to sustain herself and her children.

And about the times when Mariah felt she had enough money, well she was single and she didn't have a family to take care of. Albums still sold and she was making money selling her music. Not anymore. 

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#33 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:53 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:

You make some great points! Mariah not only has been performing more then ever but she's really grown as a performer all around! Her shows are much more interesting then they use to be and she actually puts a good amount of effort into working the stage instead of just laying there like on The Angles Advocate Tour. I'm so proud of Mimi for growing and giving her fan's a World Wide Tour they and she can be proud of. 
SSFT was the first time I've seen Mariah focused on her touring and delivering a clean show in a long time. No technical issues, the show was engaging and nicely put together. I mean you can tell she's starting to appreciate the art of performing. Let her do it! She's the only diva who doesn't have a reputation for being a performing act, I think it's time for her to work on that and if it takes another year and another tour, so be it. 

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:53 AM

Yes, Stella was quite clear that it's her job to make Mariah money which makes sense. Mariah has a lot, but also spends a lot and supports a small business' worth of people on salary.

If you consider how many hours it takes Mariah to make an album to her standard, the vocals, the production, the quality of producers she needs, not even including the promotion and strategy of the launch, it's dollar for dollar way more expensive per hour with very little gain and way more time consuming. It may have minimal impact on her ability to launch a tour. If it had multiple #1s it would have a big impact, but that chance is rare.

Our best hope for new Mariah music if she's willing to hop on other's tracks as a guest or for a soundtrack more than she used to allow.

That being said, this combo of Mariah + Lionel seems odd to me.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:55 AM

Johnny XI wrote:
The tour starts in March. I'm pretty sure Mariah can have a big chunk of her album done by then. This woman never sleeps.

That's the point though I don't know what's going on right now but from the Christmas shows you can hear her voice is much more tired then past 2 years! Then there's those outfits which I can't even begin to imagine how she or her team can't look in the mirror and see that they aren't doing her shape any favors. Mariah is human and needs time to rest and plan thing properly like the rest of this. I just don't want her pushing herself so hard she loses sight of the bigger picture which for an Artist like Mariah should be getting out the best Album she can and then slaying the promotion and getting people to see her as the amazing vocalist and performer she really is and all that she can be when she is on point.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#36 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:57 AM

Just as a reminder, Mariah started being a "businesswoman" 10 years ago when she made ringtones for Pepsi, and AD for Intel and launched her first perfume under Benny's management. I guess he wasn't money hungry though for having her do all that.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#37 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:01 PM

mcfan wrote:
Just as a reminder, Mariah started being a "businesswoman" 10 years ago when she made ringtones for Pepsi, and AD for Intel and launched her first perfume under Benny's management. I guess he wasn't money hungry though for having her do all that.

I do think a lot of the criticism is rooted in misogyny. Fans were not attacking Benny for doing basically the same things.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:04 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Johnny XI wrote:
The tour starts in March. I'm pretty sure Mariah can have a big chunk of her album done by then. This woman never sleeps.

That's the point though I don't know what's going on right now but from the Christmas shows you can hear her voice is much more tired then past 2 years! Then there's those outfits which I can't even begin to imagine how she or her team can't look in the mirror and see that they aren't doing her shape any favors. Mariah is human and needs time to rest and plan thing properly like the rest of this. I just don't want her pushing herself so hard she loses sight of the bigger picture which for an Artist like Mariah should be getting out the best Album she can and then slaying the promotion and getting people to see her as the amazing vocalist and performer she really is and all that she can be when she is on point.

Mariah's voice sounds tired because she's sick. Touring doesn't tire your voice, it makes it stronger. We've seen evidence in this over the years. As for how she dresses. Mariah is a 46 year old grown woman who can wear whatever she likes... Period.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#40 [url]

Dec 12 16 12:08 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:

I do think a lot of the criticism is rooted in misogyny. Fans were not attacking Benny for doing basically the same things.
Okay? Benny is still hailed as this career saver too. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help