Remove this ad

#341 [url]

Feb 25 17 9:54 AM

Well to be fair this would explain why he has not been out promoting his own god damn tour!!! But why be stupid enough to have knee surgery weeks before a gruelling tour when your 300 years old. I'm sorry I'm over Lionel, Mariah has been nothing but gracious towards him and he hasn't even acknowledged her. Mariah will lose coin though if she backs out and we know Mariah lives for a cheque so.... I guess we'll see. I hope Mariah doesn't agree to another of these supporting roles in the future

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#343 [url]

Feb 25 17 11:19 AM

cris258 wrote:
But why be stupid enough to have knee surgery weeks before a gruelling tour when your 300 years old.

Because more people were coming to my house for dinner this weekend than to his tour? Its a sicknote way to escape the poor ticket sales.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#344 [url]

Feb 25 17 11:40 AM

livelatino80 wrote:
She's not ready for a tour. Still lipping her usual notes even after nye and her voice is inconsistent.i rather for now she just do vegas and xmas shows.the rest of the time focus on recording and promoting hardcore on tv and radio. Rest her voice in between. However, she will most likley tour,continue lip synching high notes, and will do what she wants. Hope she takes care of her voice and kills it when she can! Want her to do well and sound great. Even if its mediocre, i prefer the live vocals and any effort made. She can do it if she wanted to! Look at all the VOLs. Come on, MC!
Have you not learned by now that regular performing is what Mariah needs to improve her voice, not 'rest'

We saw it on the CB tour, the Vegas residency, the elusive tour and the SSF tour, her voice gets stronger if she has a good on/off schedule of performing - regular performances is exactly what she needs

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#346 [url]

Feb 25 17 4:34 PM

mcfan wrote:
Mariah confirmed she'll still be on the tour. She just wished Lionel well on social media.

I don't think Mariah would quit the tour on a twitter message. If it happens, there will be a proper press release.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#347 [url]

Feb 25 17 6:22 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Mariah confirmed she'll still be on the tour. She just wished Lionel well on social media.

I don't think Mariah would quit the tour on a twitter message. If it happens, there will be a proper press release.

If it happens, they'll wait for new dates and Mariah will cite scheduling commitments and/or Lionel's "knee" will play up more and the new dates will be delayed into oblivion.

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#349 [url]

Mar 2 17 6:04 AM

so it will be her solo tour? It's awesome news for the lambs

Quote    Reply   

#350 [url]

Mar 2 17 5:34 PM

Nike wrote:
so it will be her solo tour? It's awesome news for the lambs

Is this true? I thought we were supposed to get more information regarding the tour this week?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#352 [url]

Mar 4 17 4:38 PM

This is going to get scaled back massively as a Lionel tour and I see her joining him for the bigger shows- like the Hollywood Bowl, etc.- but only like 8-10 or so...and him doing the rest solo in theaters, JMO

Quote    Reply   

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#353 [url]

Mar 5 17 11:42 AM

hottiecasanova wrote:
This is going to get scaled back massively as a Lionel tour and I see her joining him for the bigger shows- like the Hollywood Bowl, etc.- but only like 8-10 or so...and him doing the rest solo in theaters, JMO
That's what I think they are going to do, to.  Every date has been canceled, though.  They should've kept the decent selling California dates.  They were like at least 80% sold out.

Quote    Reply   

#357 [url]

Mar 9 17 7:54 PM

Looks like the new dates are up on Lionel's Facebook page. No Nashville date anymore Which is weird bc the first dates is in April, then nothing until August. Nashville was originally scheduled for May, so I'm wondering if I should just get a refund now.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#358 [url]

Mar 9 17 8:17 PM

mariahfan16 wrote:
Looks like the new dates are up on Lionel's Facebook page. No Nashville date anymore frown.gif Which is weird bc the first dates is in April, then nothing until August. Nashville was originally scheduled for May, so I'm wondering if I should just get a refund now.

On that link below the tour goes July - August - September

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#359 [url]

Mar 9 17 9:51 PM

So they're doing 22 dates now and it looks like they added a few in Canada that weren't there before and removed some from the US. How many dates were they originally doing?

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#360 [url]

Mar 10 17 1:20 AM

Lionel Richie & Mariah Carey Announce Rescheduled Tour Dates

Lionel-ritchie-smile-billboard-1548.jpg
Mike Lewis Photography/Redferns
Lionel Richie performs on stage at Liberty Stadium on June 16, 2016 in Swansea, Wales.  

All the Hits tour shrunk by one-third due to tight schedule & slow ticket sales

Two weeks after Lionel Richie was forced to postpone his tour with Mariah Carey because of a knee injury, the pair’s All the Hits tour has been rescheduled and reduced in size.

Originally slated to run mid-March to late May, the 35-date tour has been reduced to 21 dates, with show cancellations in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, St. Louis, Nashville and Charlotte.

The new tour, which kicks off July 21 at Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, and ends Sept. 5 at KeyArena in Seattle, was squeezed in between commitments for both artists, according to a statement from Live Nation.

“We had a small window between Lionel’s continued touring plans overseas in the fall,” the statement reads, “and Mariah’s scheduled Las Vegas residency to fit as many dates as we could route.”Ticket sales for some of the dates on the original tour had been so-so, sources told Billboard, and many of the smaller markets didn’t get rescheduled, instead skipped over for big cities. Two nights at the Hollywood Bowl were pared down to one. Plans to play two New York City dates were scrapped; the Madison Square Garden show was rebooked while the Nassau Coliseum date was canceled. A show at Philips Arena in Atlanta was moved to the Infinite Energy Center in Duluth, Georgia, because of a scheduling conflict.

Richie was forced to postpone the tour last month after being sidelined with knee issues that required medical attention and a lengthy recovery.

“When you have been performing as long as I have, it takes a toll on your body,” the 67-year-old said in a tweet. “Unfortunately my recovery from a knee procedure will not have me 100 percent ready to start the tour," adding, “I look forward to being back onstage so we can all be 'Dancing on the Ceiling' together again."

Mariah Carey performs during New Year's Eve 2017 in Times Square on Dec. 31, 2016 in New York City. 

The All the Hits tour went on sale Dec. 17, two weeks before Carey’s disastrous New Year’s Eve performance on ABC. Sources tell Billboard the high-profile meltdown didn’t help already-sluggish ticket sales.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7718051/lionel-richie-mariah-carey-rescheduled-concert-dates

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help