Remove this ad

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

Lead

Dec 12 16 9:54 AM

Tags : :

http://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2016-12-12/lionel-richie-mariah-carey-joining-forces-for-2017-tour

Is this real? Or some fake news site lol

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Dec 12 16 11:07 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1 [url]

Dec 12 16 10:17 AM

I've actually had a thought that they are pretty similar musically. Lionel was doing these Pop ballads in the 80s but was pretty much considered R&B, kinda like Mariah doing the AC ballads in the 90s but essentially being an R&B artist.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#3 [url]

Dec 12 16 10:42 AM

Kinda weird to have Mariah as a "guest" on a tour. I think she is trying to connect with older audiences, which is really smart at this point. They still buy albums, and that's much more income than streaming. Also, she won't be able to cater to a younger audience forever, not even sure she would be able to releasing an album next year, for example.
Céline Dion is nowhere on the main single charts, but her new albums still sell millions of copies worldwide.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

#4 [url]

Dec 12 16 10:50 AM

This is all very strange to me. I'm not mad at her for choosing an older act to tour with. I would find it super desperate if she chose to tour with someone like Bieber or Weeknd. But having her as an opening act? How cheap. She's not supposed to open for people. She will be mocked for that. Also, they don't have the same audiences. His fans are like 65+ Mariahs is 24-40. Very strange decision. But it definitely fits with Stella's "my only job is to make money" philosophy.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#5 [url]

Dec 12 16 10:50 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:

Céline Dion is nowhere on the main single charts, but her new albums still sell millions of copies worldwide.

Not really. Her last few albums have only scrapped in at 1.5 million a piece. She herself hasn't been shifting decent album numbers since 2008.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6 [url]

Dec 12 16 10:57 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
This is all very strange to me. I'm not mad at her for choosing an older act to tour with. I would find it super desperate if she chose to tour with someone like Bieber or Weeknd. But having her as an opening act? How cheap. She's not supposed to open for people. She will be mocked for that. Also, they don't have the same audiences. His fans are like 65+ Mariahs is 24-40. Very strange decision. But it definitely fits with Stella's "my only job is to make money" philosophy.

Maybe its misreported. This isn't an official announcement after all. If she's gonna do this (and I think, again, Mariah is sliding in that kind of status where a joint tour is something I could see happening) then I'd like to see it as a proper joint effort and her not being some glorified warm up act.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

#10 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:05 AM

Welp Mariah confirmed it on twitter. A mod can change the title for me lol.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#11 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:10 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
 A mod can change the title for me lol.

Done. It sound like Mariah is a guest. Bit odd. She might as well have come in 50/50 on this.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#14 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:11 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
It sound like Mariah is a guest. Bit odd. She might as well have come in 50/50 on this.

But Mariah says "I'll be touring with.." not I'll be a guest on his tour. So that makes me think they are 50/50 on it. 

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:13 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
I'm really over all these tours and concerts. I want new music. eyes.gif

Agreed. I like that she's trying to reconnect with fans but I'd love a new album. I am happy for US fans that they'll get some type of tour though.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#16 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:14 AM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
It sound like Mariah is a guest. Bit odd. She might as well have come in 50/50 on this.

But Mariah says "I'll be touring with.." not I'll be a guest on his tour. So that makes me think they are 50/50 on it. 

The tour is officially listed on her Facebook events page as "with guest Mariah Carey". If she's 50/50 on the tour, she wouldn't be listed as a sidebar to Lionel, no?

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Dec 12 16 11:19 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#18 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:19 AM

jrsoares wrote:
Not that it was really necessary at this point, but this is her official entrance at the ''Legacy Era'' of her career isn't it?

Pretty much.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:21 AM

I don't know what to think about this mostly because I really feel Mariah needs to focus now on making the best Album she can and getting it out next year! Lionel Richie has some amazing songs and it be amazing for them to sing Endless Love together but that's where it ends for me. Mariah is still current enough to carry her own Tour! Coming out as a special guest to Endless Love would be amazing or maybe having him open for her Tour but other then that this seems like a waste of time on Mariah's Part.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

#20 [url]

Dec 12 16 11:22 AM

It's a waste of time on mariahs part but not a waste to Stella's bank account

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help