Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

Lead

Nov 23 16 6:25 PM

Tags : :

Is what he said even an insult? I'm genuinely asking, cause I don't know what "bitter butter queen" means. 

And as others have pointed out there should be a discussion on the enforcement of rules. I think there's a warning system and I don't know if Gawain was given one before he was banned. Which is a bit of a power abuse if so.. 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:26 PM

mcfan wrote:
Is what he said even an insult? I'm genuinely asking, cause I don't know what "bitter butter queen" means. 

Are you asking me or telling me?

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:28 PM

I'm asking Carlos, I thought that was clear? I don't know what it means and if it's offensive. You know English is not my first language.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#3 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:30 PM

Then yes, it was offensive to me. As was the PM I was sent as well. I know we like to play loose with slang on here but I don't appreciate being called a 'bitter queen', its borderline homophobic.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#4 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:34 PM

Okay. So you warned him, right? Was it the first time he was being warned or did he have other warnings already to his name?

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong here, a first ban comes after 2 warnings.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#5 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:38 PM

The word queen in american lingo is just as offensive as bitter... So no, there wasn't anything homophobic about his comment.
I'm sure most of you have already used the term drama queen in here as well and I didn't see anyone being banned for it.
Besides, he also put the "lol" at the end of his phrase, which clearly states the humor he intended.

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#8 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:41 PM

You are making assumptions. We have a process. That process is detailed under the terms and conditions of FOMM. So no, Gawain is not banned. I don't agree with how he has behaved or spoken to me, he has violated three terms of the board T & C's but he is a vital part of this board and banning him would be a last measure and not taken lightly.

As per our rules, he has received a 3 day ban, has been advised why this occurred and will be more than welcome to return after those 3 days. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#9 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:44 PM

Stamos wrote:

I'm sure most of you have already used the term drama queen in here as well and I didn't see anyone being banned for it.

I haven't.

Referring to someone as 'queen' in such an aggressive manner as that post and the PM was not appropriate and it wasn't meant as a joke. 

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#10 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:44 PM

Is there also a certain period after the warnings we receive expire? Like on good beahviour terms?

I know this is how certain boards operate. So basically admins keep a sheet for each of us and if no offense comes after a certain amount of time then everything goes back to clear again.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#11 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:47 PM

mcfan wrote:
Is there also a certain period after the warnings we receive expire? Like on good beahviour terms?

Three warnings/3 day bans in year and yes, then you are on a clean slate essentially. Unless you were so utterly outrageous that it demanded more extreme measures.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#12 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:50 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Stamos wrote:

I haven't.

Referring to someone as 'queen' in such an aggressive manner as that post and the PM was not appropriate and it wasn't meant as a joke. 

I thought with the "lol" added there was no aggressiveness involved. 
I don't know Gawain personally, but I do know that ever since I can remember he has been insulted and made fun of several times by many members, and he has never engaged in replying in an impolite or aggressive manner. 

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#13 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:50 PM

I read the terms again, could you please clarify if a 3 days ban comes after three warnings or am I interpreting in a wrong way?

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#14 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:52 PM

Stamos wrote:

I don't know Gawain personally, but I do know that ever since I can remember he has been insulted and made fun of several times by many members, and he has never engaged in replying in an impolite or aggressive manner. 
This is true. He is made fun of a lot actually, especially in the past and I've never seen him fight it. Which is why it caught me by surprise. 

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#15 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:54 PM

mcfan wrote:
Stamos wrote:

This is true. He is made fun of a lot actually, especially in the past and I've never seen him fight it. Which is why it caught me by surprise. 

http://www.thebitterqueens.com/

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#16 [url]

Nov 23 16 6:58 PM

Stamos wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Stamos wrote:

I haven't.

I thought with the "lol" added there was no aggressiveness involved. 

I disagree, it was meant as rude. As was his PM. I'm sure he didn't mean any harm, I know Gawain is not a bad person but when you've been asked not to do something over a series of months, you keep doing it, you do it yet again, are asked not to, then re-ignite the decision with a fiery slur in another thread, you cross the line.

Sometimes even the best of people need a little shake and some time to reflect, that's why he was given a 3 day time out.  

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#17 [url]

Nov 23 16 7:00 PM

Isn't Gawain gay himself? Why would he be homophobic?

Rude, yes okay he might have been rude. But I really doubt he wanted to ridicule your sexuality Carlos. I mean, come on!

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#18 [url]

Nov 23 16 7:00 PM

mcfan wrote:
I read the terms again, could you please clarify if a 3 days ban comes after three warnings or am I interpreting in a wrong way?

A three day ban comes after a violation of the rules. The bans form three warnings than could potentially lead to a permanent ban.

Basically, three bans/warnings in a year and you could be gone for good.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#19 [url]

Nov 23 16 7:01 PM

Anyway, I hope he actually comes back. I'd hate for the board to lose one of the long standing members over something so petty. I hope he doesn't take it as not being wanted here.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#20 [url]

Nov 23 16 7:03 PM

mcfan wrote:
Isn't Gawain gay himself? Why would he be homophobic?

Why would he send me a rude PM? Why is the earth round? Who knows, who cares?

I'm not going to second guess the sexual backround of a poster and frankly, its not your business or mine, nor is it an excuse or get out of jail card for saying whatever you want.    

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help