Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 1 16 1:52 AM

Tags : :

here is the remaster of the original version, with some "new" vocals from 4:15 on that I'm sure came after the fadeout on the original.

https://legitmix.com/Vanhzexen-Productions/artist/119452/Mariah-Carey-Anytime-You-Need-A-Friend-2016-Remaster/mix/85815

And here is the "churchapella", with unheard vocals after 4:15. Love the previously unheard belt at the very end (5:05) , after the outro! Love finding stuff like this!!

https://legitmix.com/Vanhzexen-Productions/artist/119452/Mariah-Carey-Anytime-You-Need-A-Friend-2016-Remaster-Church-a-pella/mix/85836

Last Edited By: XanderAnthony Nov 1 16 2:20 AM. Edited 4 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#1 [url]

Nov 1 16 5:16 AM

Oh nice! Yeah there are loads of new vocals, nearly a minute of them that I haven't heard before at the end!

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#5 [url]

Nov 1 16 7:12 AM

Omg that was great! I always wanted to hear the rest of the ad libs at the end and I really like how it ended, adds so much more soul to the song. I wish they ended the LP version the way the master ended. You'd think they'd have added an "extended" version to the maxinsingle or something. How selfish of them lol. There's also extra instrumentation on the verses which I liked. I wonder how much more of these 'extended' takes there are for her other songs in the Sony vaults.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Last Edited By: matty tat tat Nov 1 16 7:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#6 [url]

Nov 1 16 7:59 AM

Thanks for sharing this. A+mazing vocal

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#7 [url]

Nov 1 16 8:16 AM

matty tat tat wrote:
Omg that was great! I always wanted to hear the rest of the ad libs at the end and I really like how it ended, adds so much more soul to the song. I wish they ended the LP version the way the master ended. You'd think they'd have added an "extended" version to the maxinsingle or something. How selfish of them lol. There's also extra instrumentation on the verses which I liked. I wonder how much more of these 'extended' takes there are for her other songs in the Sony vaults.
It seemed to be quite a common practice back then for some reason. Remember out of nowhere when an AIWFCIY remix came out and there was like a minute of new vocals from 94 that we had never even heard? smiley: laugh I definitely prefer it when the track just ends how it should rather than fade outs. I wonder how many songs have longer running versions that were cut out by fades? Melt Away comes to mind.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 1 16 8:20 AM

For this new remastered version, the engineer returned to the original multi-track masters and transferred them directly into Logic, allowing him to create all new digital mixes and finally remastered in High-Resolution Audio 48kHz / 24-bit Stereo.

How did he get access to the original masters? It must be for an official project? Will there be more?

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#9 [url]

Nov 1 16 8:21 AM

I would die if Melt Away has unheard vocals

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 1 16 8:28 AM

The remaster of Looking In had a new intro.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#15 [url]

Nov 1 16 10:31 AM

That fluid voice from the chest to the head...turning melodies around with no effort. That feeling that hooked us in 90s when we heard a new song or even live performance from her came flooding back in those vocals!

Would love if they did this for her other peak songs, there are so many where she lets loose in the fade out.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 1 16 3:39 PM

PM it to me too PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help