Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#61 [url]

Dec 6 16 5:39 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Queen Stella, please book some great promo for the UK asap so AIWFCIY can be #1 there this year? One performance will do smiley: tongue

Never doubt the Queen. She got Mariah to tour in Europe, wouldn't be surprised if something for the UK came up even if it's not a performance.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Stamos

#62 [url]

Dec 7 16 6:42 PM

mcfan wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
Queen Stella, please book some great promo for the UK asap so AIWFCIY can be #1 there this year? One performance will do smiley: tongue

Never doubt the Queen. She got Mariah to tour in Europe, wouldn't be surprised if something for the UK came up even if it's not a performance. laugh.gif

That would be really cool actually! 
But I'm guessing they might be more focused on the US charts this year with all the promo they've been doing so far. 
She's everywhere, or better yet, she's Christmas. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

houseofMusiC

#63 [url]

Dec 8 16 6:44 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:

Queen Stella ha power, ha impact! Never underestimate!smiley: laugh
495234284.jpg?600x600

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#70 [url]

Jan 2 17 9:56 AM

That was a nice interview

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#72 [url]

Jan 2 17 11:07 AM

When I came onboard, I changed a lot of the staff because my job was to come in and say, "What is your job? What do you do? What is your role in this organization? What service do you provide?" It wasn’t just to get rid of people. It was really just to understand the needs, why there are so many bodies, and what everybody does. What can we all be doing better for the artist? How can we change our thought process? And how can we stop operating in sort of an archaic way? People get comfortable after a certain number of years. Like who could be doing a better job in different aspects? And people just couldn’t handle sort of either being vetted, being questioned, or being pushed to do their best. A lot of people just really unraveled. No one really got fired. It was a running theme sort of in the camp that if they didn’t like something, they would just threaten to quit. I’ve never seen such a thing. I’ve had a lot of jobs in my life and that’s the last place you go, because once you play that card, there’s nowhere else to go. If someone calls your bluff, you really have to quit.

I liked this description of the regime change.

~Scoop me up and we can go
To that little spot where no one knows~

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#73 [url]

Jan 2 17 11:22 AM

Read the interview, it was fine and pretty much what I expected but it confirms me that her focus and experience is - all the projects, with the exception of the tour, had nothing to do with music. It's all production companies, hallmark movies, makeup, etc. Nothing about how to handle the music side of it or any plan to release a new album. Just 20 other side projects from the sounds of it.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#74 [url]

Jan 2 17 11:44 AM

Kevon wrote:
Read the interview, it was fine and pretty much what I expected but it confirms me that her focus and experience is - all the projects, with the exception of the tour, had nothing to do with music. It's all production companies, hallmark movies, makeup, etc. Nothing about how to handle the music side of it or any plan to release a new album. Just 20 other side projects from the sounds of it.

It was quite an interesting read and I couldn't disagree with her statements on restructuring Mariah's team (although, there is the question has she forced them out to place her own people). It also cemented my view of Stella's credentials - she's going to be more instinctive than actually experienced when it comes to a music campaign and it won't be a priority versus more non-music projects. I'd expect a lot more films, TV, endorsements, etc to come with Stella at the wheel than music frankly.

Quote    Reply   

Automatic Prince

#75 [url]

Jan 2 17 11:59 AM

You guys share my concerns after reading that interview. It makes it seem like Mariah's music is the least important of the projects that she named . But.. it's Mariah F#cking Carey. *sigh* I used to live for her other ventures, but I never dreamed or desired for her music to be placed so largely on the back burner.

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#77 [url]

Jan 2 17 5:25 PM

Automatic Prince wrote:
You guys share my concerns after reading that interview. It makes it seem like Mariah's music is the least important of the projects that she named . But.. it's Mariah F#cking Carey. *sigh* I used to live for her other ventures, but I never dreamed or desired for her music to be placed so largely on the back burner.

Maybe she doesn't mention it because there is nothing new to be said. Mariah already has a contract with Epic/Sony and has stated she is working on new music with people she has never worked before. So, what could she say?

Quote    Reply   

#78 [url]

Jan 2 17 9:11 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Automatic Prince wrote:

Maybe she doesn't mention it because there is nothing new to be said. Mariah already has a contract with Epic/Sony and has stated she is working on new music with people she has never worked before. So, what could she say?

Exactly.  She wasn't even asked about the new music... she just mentioned it when asked "is there anything you want to add?'... I'm sure when it comes time to release new music, the new music will be the priority.  Stella genuinely seems like a failure for Mariah would be a failure for her.  

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#80 [url]

Jan 5 17 7:55 PM

Digging into Queen's past.. she's officially made it!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help