Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 7 16 4:03 AM

Tags : :

Bruno's new disco funk single and music video premiered today: "24K Magic."

Album out November 18th:

2me749z.jpg

Billboard: Bruno Mars Unveils '24k Magic' Song & Video

It's his first new solo single in 4 years.

Bruno Mars is back! After teasing a new track earlier this week, the pop star has arrived with "24k Magic," his first solo single in four years. He also dropped a video for the song late Thursday (Oct. 6).

The heavily auto-tuned tune is accompanied with a glitzy clip which sees Mars and his buddies get down to partying, drinking and playing the tables in Vegas. Mars always has a bottle of champagne in his grip and a smile on his face.

The track was written and produced by Shampoo Press & Curl, with additional production by The Stereotypes, and its clip was directed by Mars and longtime collaborator Cameron Duddy.

"24k Magic" is the title track from Mars' forthcoming third studio album, due out Nov. 18. It's his first LP since 2012's Unorthodox Jukebox, which included the hits "Locked Out of Heaven," "When I Was Your Man" and "Treasure."

On Monday, the singer tweeted that his album was done and shared nine photos on Instagram that made up the the single art for "24k Magic" (pronounced twenty-four karat magic). 

Mars is expected to perform his first concert of the year at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut, on Friday. He returns to Saturday Night Live for his fourth appearance next Saturday (Oct. 15).

Last Edited By: seanjonmc Feb 22 17 12:30 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 7 16 4:05 AM

After 2 listens this song is a bop! I use!

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 7 16 2:32 PM

#1 on iTunes.

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 10 16 2:38 PM

Hmmm--- not exactly hearing the smash that other people are? IMO it sounds a bit like "Get Down On It" by Kool and the Gang at parts and would fit in perfectly as an album cut on Glitter.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#10 [url]

Oct 11 16 1:24 AM

Its the vocal arrangement that really kills it for me. The music is a bop for sure but he sings it just like UF including the background and its hard to get into it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 12 16 2:51 AM

Kevon wrote:
If Uptown Funk was his Fantasy, this is his Heartbreaker laugh.gif

Two classics, and am I the only one who doesn't think they sound similar? I've been reading that since 1999 though, so I must be missing something. smiley: laugh

Personally, I'd say if Uptown Funk was his We Belong Together, 24K Magic is his Don't Forget About Us. smiley: tongue

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#12 [url]

Oct 12 16 3:38 AM

seanjonmc wrote:
Kevon wrote:

Two classics, and am I the only one who doesn't think they sound similar? I've been reading that since 1999 though, so I must be missing something. smiley: laugh

Personally, I'd say if Uptown Funk was his We Belong Together, 24K Magic is his Don't Forget About Us. smiley: tongue

Yeah that was probably a bad example because I have always found they don't sound that similar either. smiley: laugh  Maybe the "Boy if I do..." bit is kind of similar to "I'm in heaven..." but even that is kind of a stretch.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#13 [url]

Oct 12 16 7:11 AM

Kevon wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
Kevon wrote:

Yeah that was probably a bad example because I have always found they don't sound that similar either. smiley: laugh  Maybe the "Boy if I do..." bit is kind of similar to "I'm in heaven..." but even that is kind of a stretch.
"Heartbreaker" is a "Fantasy/Dreamlover" hybrid. The pre-chorus has that same melody as "Fantasy" while you could sing the "Dreamlover" chorus over the HB one. 

"Heartbreaker" is definitely a great song in its own merit though. The best all around single release Mariah has ever done and a Pop cult. Look at the video, uploaded only recently on VEVO and getting as many views as some of the other cemented classics in her catalog at a time when Mariah is semi-inactive or transitioning into a legacy act. 

Last Edited By: mcfan Oct 12 16 7:14 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Nov 4 16 12:13 AM

New ballad Versace on The Floor

On first listen I don't love it...

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#20 [url]

Nov 18 16 2:59 AM

the album! he can not be serious, 9 little tracks  half UF rehashes and a few nice R&B ballads but like seriously wtf? there goes one of the 3 male pop stars left

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help