Remove this ad

#101 [url]

Nov 12 16 11:32 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
Guys, you're missing the point. The KKK is having a rally to celebrate his victory. Gay people are being thrown onto the subway tracks in NYC. White men were standing in front of mosques shouting "go home" in Astoria earlier tonight. Children in 3rd grade were chanting "build a wall" during their lunch breaks. Muslim women are having their hijabs ripped off their heads. I work on a tour bus in NYC and they had a high school class from Ontario, Canada on today-- there were 16 year old boys wearing "Make America Great Again" hats just to piss people off. If you don't live here, you can't get it-- it's absolute madness.

We watch the news. This is the biggest event of the year. We're 'missing no point'. Please don't speak down to us as if we're clueless or uninformed. 

We are aware that Trump's more toxic supporters have gone AWOL, thinking his win justifies whatever they want to say or do. As we are aware some of Hilary's supporters have taken to the streets and held violent protests that have led to property damage, physical assaults on Trump supporters and police intervention. This is a difficult time for America. You are divided and reeling from a political result few saw coming. Its the biggest political event in over 200 years of your history. The world is watching, we understand, we are aware and our support is with your great country.

You will make it through this once the shock and anger settles. American is a resilient country and its people are strong.  

I apologize if I came off as condescending by saying that-- I think I read your post as more or less of an "everything will be fine, don't worry about it"-- writing off our feelings of being crushed by what's happening, and the fact that you don't live here amplified it. I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster that I thought I was going to get off of a day or 2 after the election ended, but it's just keeps on going. I saw my trans friend on facebook post how her friend committed suicide yesterday because people were taunting her. I give up on humanity smiley: embarassed

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#102 [url]

Nov 12 16 11:57 AM

jamiclever wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
Guys, you're missing the point. The KKK is having a rally to celebrate his victory. Gay people are being thrown onto the subway tracks in NYC. White men were standing in front of mosques shouting "go home" in Astoria earlier tonight. Children in 3rd grade were chanting "build a wall" during their lunch breaks. Muslim women are having their hijabs ripped off their heads. I work on a tour bus in NYC and they had a high school class from Ontario, Canada on today-- there were 16 year old boys wearing "Make America Great Again" hats just to piss people off. If you don't live here, you can't get it-- it's absolute madness.

We watch the news. This is the biggest event of the year. We're 'missing no point'. Please don't speak down to us as if we're clueless or uninformed. 

We are aware that Trump's more toxic supporters have gone AWOL, thinking his win justifies whatever they want to say or do. As we are aware some of Hilary's supporters have taken to the streets and held violent protests that have led to property damage, physical assaults on Trump supporters and police intervention. This is a difficult time for America. You are divided and reeling from a political result few saw coming. Its the biggest political event in over 200 years of your history. The world is watching, we understand, we are aware and our support is with your great country.

You will make it through this once the shock and anger settles. American is a resilient country and its people are strong.  

I apologize if I came off as condescending by saying that-- I think I read your post as more or less of an "everything will be fine, don't worry about it"-- writing off our feelings of being crushed by what's happening, and the fact that you don't live here amplified it. I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster that I thought I was going to get off of a day or 2 after the election ended, but it's just keeps on going. I saw my trans friend on facebook post how her friend committed suicide yesterday because people were taunting her. I give up on humanity smiley: embarassed

I am trying to say it will be fine I guess. In that, I don't think it'll be as bad as it seems. Right now, its very raw, still very new, people are in shock and the liberal media is on overdrive - there is a lot of intense emotional energy in the air that I understand needs to be vented. You need to get it out (but don't riot!). It'll calm down and when it does, its about what Trump does and if what of anything he said becomes reality.

As Vinny said, half the distasteful nonsense he spouted will be challenged every step of the way and will likely not become reality. And the American people will watch, be vigilant and challenge where needed to and they are right to do so. I'm trying to look forward and hope like any elected leader, half the stuff won't come to pass. It never does. I hope what won't come to pass is his awful, negative policies and he focuses on the economy side which America could use and could actually be of benefit. I'll actually be quite pissed if after such a toxic campaign and his disgraceful behaviour, he doesn't even help the poor and improve quality of life in America. At least he could walk out of office having done some good, a contrast to his arrival which is a very saddening way to see such a great nation and he should be ashamed of himself.   

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#103 [url]

Nov 12 16 4:08 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:
I see he's already laxing himself. Did he not say re: trans bathrooms 'people should use whatever bathroom they feel appropriate'? A kick in the teeth to all those bigots that voted for him already laugh.gif

Expect more to come. The Muslim one has gone too. I'm really starting to believe he's a total chameleon, who has played a very nasty and silly game with America. The best he can do is frankly curb the nasty behaviour and work on the positives from his policy - yes, rebuild and invest into desperately needed US infrastructure, yes, lower taxes and the struggles it brings and yes, work on lessening the damage globalisation is doing and create jobs rather than lose them outwards.

He can also get down to something with Russia.

With Hilary, we'd have been looking at war, I'm sure of it. Any chance at all to sort this mess out with them over a table is better than over a battlefield.

Hopefully he'll bugger off after four years, having helped out the poor a bit, improved US trade and done *!%+ all else to rock the boat. Then get a more progressive leader that isn't insanely Left Wing but tied into the needs of the country/changes in direction required but in a much more compassionate, professional and gracious way worthy of POTUS.  

Trump is also backing off his campaign promise of getting rid of Obamacare.  He is also likely putting Richard Priebus as the head of his cabinet... which is also completely opposite with what he said during the campaign.  I think he will end up making his supporters revolt against him.  Will be interesting.

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#104 [url]

Nov 12 16 4:12 PM

Kevon wrote:
I was worried this would happen. The issue with Hillary is that the whole "lesser of two evils" brush she was painted with means people aren't passionate about her. That means all those people who never turned out to vote were probably the ones who were polled saying "I would rather her than him" but aren't motivated to actually go out and vote for her.

I hope they, and the people who were too stubborn and butt hurt that the candidate choice didn't go the way they wanted (*side eyes Susan Sarandon*) so didn't vote or voted for a third party are happy now.

You summed it up perfectly.  OT:  I am fairly confident that most of the protesters out in the streets didn't even vote.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#105 [url]

Nov 12 16 4:45 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:
I see he's already laxing himself. Did he not say re: trans bathrooms 'people should use whatever bathroom they feel appropriate'? A kick in the teeth to all those bigots that voted for him already laugh.gif

Expect more to come. The Muslim one has gone too. I'm really starting to believe he's a total chameleon, who has played a very nasty and silly game with America. The best he can do is frankly curb the nasty behaviour and work on the positives from his policy - yes, rebuild and invest into desperately needed US infrastructure, yes, lower taxes and the struggles it brings and yes, work on lessening the damage globalisation is doing and create jobs rather than lose them outwards.

He can also get down to something with Russia.

With Hilary, we'd have been looking at war, I'm sure of it. Any chance at all to sort this mess out with them over a table is better than over a battlefield.

Hopefully he'll bugger off after four years, having helped out the poor a bit, improved US trade and done *!%+ all else to rock the boat. Then get a more progressive leader that isn't insanely Left Wing but tied into the needs of the country/changes in direction required but in a much more compassionate, professional and gracious way worthy of POTUS.  

Trump is also backing off his campaign promise of getting rid of Obamacare.  He is also likely putting Richard Priebus as the head of his cabinet... which is also completely opposite with what he said during the campaign.  I think he will end up making his supporters revolt against him.  Will be interesting.

So basically, his policies will be doing %#@# all at this rate as he's not changing what Americans were finding issue with or fighting for it/improve it in some way. A total waste of four years in office basically.   

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#106 [url]

Nov 12 16 4:46 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
Kevon wrote:
I was worried this would happen. The issue with Hillary is that the whole "lesser of two evils" brush she was painted with means people aren't passionate about her. That means all those people who never turned out to vote were probably the ones who were polled saying "I would rather her than him" but aren't motivated to actually go out and vote for her.

I hope they, and the people who were too stubborn and butt hurt that the candidate choice didn't go the way they wanted (*side eyes Susan Sarandon*) so didn't vote or voted for a third party are happy now.

OT:  I am fairly confident that most of the protesters out in the streets didn't even vote.

Generally always the case. Armchair voters.

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Dec 23 16 8:18 PM

The embarrassment continues...

Trump tweeting about nuclear weapons and basically implying that an arms race is the way to declare yourself a super-power.

Trump tweeting that he's disallowing every A-list celebrity to his inauguration when everyone knows fully well that he literally can't get any credible celebrity to show up. (PS-- I have a friend who is a Rockette who is beyond pissed that she has to perform for this clown).

Trump appointing cabinet members whose beliefs are so far gone it's mind-boggling.

For anyone who thought the nightmare would end after the election, it's only getting started. Good lord!

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#108 [url]

Dec 26 16 10:26 PM

jamiclever wrote:

Trump tweeting about nuclear weapons and basically implying that an arms race is the way to declare yourself a super-power.

Is this wrong? What makes you a superpower is 9 times of 10, military force. Most of the world leaches off/hangs off/fears America's military might (see NATO). In terms of a nuclear arms race, the way you win that is you have enough to make the other side realise firing would seal your doom as the enemy has not only what you have but more.

Its clearly sabre rattling. He is trying to remind Putin that if you cross America, we have more than you, we will %%*@ you up.

And they will - Russia cannot sustain a war with America, let alone their combined allies. 

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Dec 27 16 1:20 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Dec 27 16 1:34 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:

Is this wrong? What makes you a superpower is 9 times of 10, military force. Most of the world leaches off/hangs off America's military might (see NATO). In terms of a nuclear arms race, the way you win that is you have enough to make the other side realise firing would seal your doom as the enemy has not only what you have but more.

Its clearly sabre rattling. He is trying to remind Putin that if you cross America, we have more than you, we will +!!+ you up.

And they will - Russia cannot sustain a war with America, let alone their combined allies. 

Mostly, it's just another example of him recklessly tweeting and not realizing that his words now have wildly significant meaning worldwide. These are topics that should be discussed privately and, when ready, addressed publicly with finesse. 

Meanwhile, multiple sources are now reporting that a video of Trump using the "N"-word and calling his son a "retard" is on the way-- it's now only a matter of time before it's released.

Our world leader! So proud...

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#110 [url]

Dec 28 16 12:10 AM

Carlos, your incessant defense and attempts to rationalize Trump's troublesome comments and positions, are, well, a bit disappointing...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#111 [url]

Dec 28 16 10:18 AM

Vincent wrote:
Carlos, your incessant defense and attempts to rationalize Trump's troublesome comments and positions, are, well, a bit disappointing...

I'm sure calling him a plank, Hilary being a better choice, that he's an unsuitable candidate for the honour of president, his negative and toxic policies (to name but four statements I've made pre and post election) are 'incessant defence'. Okay smiley: eyes Never the less Vinny, I'm not here to fall into line with every single stroke of your own political views or suffer the wrath of your disapproval.

We can both say he is sh!t and shouldn't have made president. He is. I'm trying to be objective. 

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Dec 28 16 10:25 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#112 [url]

Dec 30 16 6:23 PM

^ I understand being objective, but you do come across as defending him a bit when he really does not deserve an inch of leeway. Believe me-- I want him to do well. I'm not an idiot-- I live here and I don't want to die. Yet, he makes it impossible to support him. In all of his time in office so far, he has not bothered responding to any of the hate crimes, any of protests, any of the people who are afraid--- yet he has had the time to tweet about the media bullying him, about Saturday Night Live not being funny anymore, about the Hamilton audience not being "fair" and how it's not a great show. He insulted the United Nations this week, who then had to tweet a response saying all of the great it does for the world every day (which it absolutely does). It's just... it's just... (I feel like Stella here)... it's just UNFATHOMABLE!!!

Today he tweeted about how smart Putin is, after Obama announced sanctions against Russia. He also refuses to acknowledge Russia playing any part in the election, and says it's time to "move on"-- even though it's completely acceptable for every American to panic over this alleged relationship.

I mean, how long does this go on for? Him lying to everyone's faces and getting away with it? Side-stepping every question and distracting from the truth? Things have got to get better...

Last Edited By: jamiclever Dec 30 16 6:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#113 [url]

Dec 30 16 7:50 PM

jamiclever wrote:
^ I understand being objective, but you do come across as defending him a bit when he really does not deserve an inch of leeway. Believe me-- I want him to do well. I'm not an idiot-- I live here and I don't want to die. Yet, he makes it impossible to support him. In all of his time in office so far, he has not bothered responding to any of the hate crimes, any of protests, any of the people who are afraid--- yet he has had the time to tweet about the media bullying him, about Saturday Night Live not being funny anymore, about the Hamilton audience not being "fair" and how it's not a great show. He insulted the United Nations this week, who then had to tweet a response saying all of the great it does for the world every day (which it absolutely does). It's just... it's just... (I feel like Stella here)... it's just UNFATHOMABLE!!!

Today he tweeted about how smart Putin is, after Obama announced sanctions against Russia. He also refuses to acknowledge Russia playing any part in the election, and says it's time to "move on"-- even though it's completely acceptable for every American to panic over this alleged relationship.

I mean, how long does this go on for? Him lying to everyone's faces and getting away with it? Side-stepping every question and distracting from the truth? Things have got to get better...

Well, I'm 'sorry' if you think I'm defending him. However, I speak as I find. If (for example) I hated you and thought you were a fool but said something that I still thought was correct or valid point, I'd concede it. It wouldn't mean I like you. I do this with FOMM, I do in real life, I do in politics. I do actually agree with Trump about NATO for example - much of the world is taking the piss with America regarding it and its a wonderful organisation that has done so much for the world (and is mainly down to America, to which we owe them a great debt).

Does that mean I think Trump makes a good president or has many good policies? No. But I will give him a point if he makes a valid one.

His Twitter (as you mention) is precisely another issue that just makes me groan. I was looking through it yesterday and he's so unrefined in his messaging. So damn amateur. Say what you want about Hilary but she behaved like a president on and off her Twitter. Her composure and restraint was what I expect in a leader. Trump can't undo his sour, negative campaign but he could be stepping up to the honour now he's won. Its a shambles and yes, America deserves better. At this stage I'm just waiting/hoping for him to shut up and knuckle down to something productive when in office - like, if he thinks he can improve America's economy and decrease unemployment then he should get to it.  

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Dec 30 16 8:47 PM

^ I get it, you're pragmatic-- I am too. And I applaud you for trying to find the silver lining here-- we all are! But the point I was making was how much of a wreck he continues to be, and it IS his twitter that is the main problem at this point (at least until he actually gets into office). I didn't necessarily disagree with what he said about NATO, but what sort of buffoon tweets that out to millions of people as the president of the US? An absolute fool. He knows he's driving people insane with these tweets and he loves it. He's making enemies out of everybody except Russia-- what could be going through his mind? It's madness.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#115 [url]

Dec 30 16 8:57 PM

jamiclever wrote:
^ I get it, you're pragmatic-- I am too. And I applaud you for trying to find the silver lining here-- we all are! But the point I was making was how much of a wreck he continues to be, and it IS his twitter that is the main problem at this point (at least until he actually gets into office). I didn't necessarily disagree with what he said about NATO, but what sort of buffoon tweets that out to millions of people as the president of the US?

A total buffoon? smiley: laugh 

And yes, I guess I would be a bit of a pragmatist. I try to not let my own emotions cloud an issue and focus on practical, relevant points even if I don't always want to.

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Dec 31 16 7:10 PM

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
[email protected]
Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!

Quote    Reply   

#118 [url]

Jan 20 17 6:10 PM

^ LOL, I saw that earlier. Tbh, IMO there is a 0% chance he's gonna make it all 4 years. There's just too much dirt on him already for him not to be impeached at some point before then.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#120 [url]

Jan 20 17 6:15 PM

And a Pence dictatorship, lose lose much

I hear the pages on climate change and lgbt rights have been removed already from the whitehouse homepage

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help