Remove this ad

houseofMusiC

#81 [url]

Nov 9 16 10:21 PM

Was talking to my American friend last night and he is deeply worried, he was about to start a family with his partner (both gay men) and he said that a lot of LGBT are cautious for the next five years because Trump said he'd be appointing Supreme Court Justices who would overturn marriage equality.What the +!!+ going on USA?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#82 [url]

Nov 10 16 3:32 AM

Yasss come to Australia. We have Koalas and Kangaroos.

Isn't Trump going into a civil trial for Trump University in December? How can someone run for President with a trial looming?? I've heard there are protests breaking out across the US, what a frightening time.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#83 [url]

Nov 10 16 8:13 AM

houseofMusiC wrote:
Was talking to my American friend last night and he is deeply worried, he was about to start a family with his partner (both gay men) and he said that a lot of LGBT are cautious for the next five years because Trump said he'd be appointing Supreme Court Justices who would overturn marriage equality.What the +!!+ going on USA?

Yeah it's crazy af...

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#84 [url]

Nov 10 16 8:30 AM

houseofMusiC wrote:
Was talking to my American friend last night and he is deeply worried, he was about to start a family with his partner (both gay men) and he said that a lot of LGBT are cautious for the next five years because Trump said he'd be appointing Supreme Court Justices who would overturn marriage equality.

Considering how inconsistent Trump was, I wouldn't panic.

Already the infamous kick the Muslim policy has been exorcised off his political mandate list on his website. I except this will be the first of many that disappear now being president is a reality. Hopefully, he doesn't axe the ones of real potential value - infrastructure/working class job investment, reducing taxes and addressing the very real issue that many people around the world are not stepping up with NATO and taking the p!ss with America over it.   

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Nov 10 16 9:45 AM

matty tat tat wrote:

Isn't Trump going into a civil trial for Trump University in December? How can someone run for President with a trial looming?? I've heard there are protests breaking out across the US, what a frightening time.

In all seriousness, the Clintons were mired in scandals their whole time in office. HRC was the first, and still only, FLOTUS to be subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury for her involvement in the Whitewater investigations. Not to mention the Clinton's involvement in Travelgate, Hillary's cattle futures scandal, and her most recent FBI investigations for her e-mail server. A lot of her supporters make excuses for all of these controversies, and often act as though it's all because she is a woman--or that Republicans are trying to take them down. Sure, but why didn't anything real ever come out about Obama? Why didn't he have rape accusers, be investigated for cronyism, why didn't Michelle get called before a federal grand jury? Trump's looming trial is hardly something new.

Trump is an absolute nightmare, and I believe will be far more dangerous for our country, but so many people were really foolishly overlooking Clinton's track record for shady deals and cronyism and making excuses for her. There's a huge swath of the population that would never have voted for her anyway, even if she were squeaky clean, but let's face it: she really lost because, in part, she is the very type of politician that people in the U.S. are sick of. And that is people on the (far) right to the (far) left and everything in between. Sucks that the political process is so corrupt--look no further than what happened at the DNC where they all but wiped out all competition for HRC. Big mistake, too. Bernie seemed to have real supporters that would've shown up to polls, not to mention a much more outsider stance.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#86 [url]

Nov 10 16 10:40 AM

Yes Trump basically capitalised on that disillusionment with the kind of politician Hillary is. Flip flopper, doesn't really have any x-factor, saying what she needs to say.. He came in acting like he could come in and put an end to all that. He won't, or if he does it won't be for the better. But I can see how is game plan worked.

Hillary could never have gone in with that same angle. If it was Bernie on the other hand, he may have had a shot.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#87 [url]

Nov 10 16 10:54 AM

charmbracelet87 wrote:
matty tat tat wrote:

Trump is an absolute nightmare, and I believe will be far more dangerous for our country, but so many people were really foolishly overlooking Clinton's track record for shady deals and cronyism and making excuses for her. There's a huge swath of the population that would never have voted for her anyway, even if she were squeaky clean, but let's face it: she really lost because, in part, she is the very type of politician that people in the U.S. are sick of. And that is people on the (far) right to the (far) left and everything in between. Sucks that the political process is so corrupt--look no further than what happened at the DNC where they all but wiped out all competition for HRC. Big mistake, too. Bernie seemed to have real supporters that would've shown up to polls, not to mention a much more outsider stance.

Agreed on all fronts. The problem was, Hilary represented everything people had already had and many weren't happy with. I'm not sure so massively marketing herself as the protégé of Obama was a good idea. I think he's a lovely guy but just how effective his policies or their level of uplift had over eight years is debatable. Therefore, coming in as almost a tribute act to him may have been a bad move despite the undeniable grace, professionalism and command she had and made her so much more suitable for the honour of president.

On top of this, her corruption. Again, Hilary seemed to represent that overly familiar crooked as !@%* politician. That second FBI investigation did her no favours sadly. I know she was cleared (I will assume rightfully) but with her past history and all that coming up again, it just built up the fear - can you trust her? I'd have taken my chances with her but still.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#88 [url]

Nov 10 16 10:59 AM

Kevon wrote:
Yes Trump basically capitalised on that disillusionment with the kind of politician Hillary is. Flip flopper, doesn't really have any x-factor, saying what she needs to say.. He came in acting like he could come in and put an end to all that. He won't, or if he does it won't be for the better. But I can see how is game plan worked.

Hillary could never have gone in with that same angle. If it was Bernie on the other hand, he may have had a shot.

Well put. I think leaders and governments needs to realise the political system is demanding change from the people. Trump obviously saw that problem and it needs to be addressed but unfortunately, I don't think he's going to be the right person to implement the solution. Even if he becomes more moderate in office, you need a more reasoned centric (or central Left/central Right) political force to lead it. 

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Nov 10 16 11:05 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#89 [url]

Nov 10 16 11:39 AM

I personally am not afraid of what Trump will do. I think he will meet an uphill battle if he tries to do anything too radical that he proposed.

However, what disturbs me is the reaction of his supporters who... thought it was okay that he grab women by the %%#+#, thought it was okay to put Muslims on a list, thought it was okay to say let's build a wall and deport everyone, think its okay to repeal LGBT rights like marriage or allow discrimination if someone attributes it to religion, etc. Now, they feel like their opinions are validated and that the President believes them. What's to stop them from attacking these people they harbor hatred toward?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#90 [url]

Nov 10 16 11:55 AM

Again, it's not even necessarily Trump himself who is the biggest threat here-- it is his followers. Just 2 days post-election, there has been a tremendous rise in hate crimes, transgender suicides, suicides in general, Nazi-related defamation, and a general feeling of unrest. I went to the rallies in NYC last night and I've honestly never seen anything like it-- no violence, just a crowd of devastated people fighting for their lives.

I can understand that people wanted a "change" but anyone who thought THIS was the right way to go about it is absolutely inane. It's torn friends and families apart-- this just goes too deep for a lot of people.

Meanwhile, some people are holding out hope for this loophole: http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-scenario-that-could-still-get-hillary-into-the-white-house/
Maybe the electoral college can finally make up for being the inadequate representation of our nation it is by standing up to this buffoon. In any other case I would say this would be a stretch, but this could actually happen.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#91 [url]

Nov 10 16 2:20 PM

Vincent wrote:
I personally am not afraid of what Trump will do. I think he will meet an uphill battle if he tries to do anything too radical that he proposed.

I think you can bank on it. Plus, I'm convinced we're going to see just how much nonsense he's chatted and a lot of it was lowbrow, poor taste politics. His meeting just now with Obama was massively telling. Its like a different person. Critics are already calling him a 'political chameleon'. Question is, will his voters feel betrayed if he does now step down into a more compromising tone?

As long as he delivers on the infrastructure side then I think maybe not and it will help heal the divisions from non-Trump voters, something America needs.  

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#93 [url]

Nov 11 16 6:05 PM

I see he's already laxing himself. Did he not say re: trans bathrooms 'people should use whatever bathroom they feel appropriate'? A kick in the teeth to all those bigots that voted for him already

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#94 [url]

Nov 11 16 7:43 PM

Kevon wrote:
I see he's already laxing himself. Did he not say re: trans bathrooms 'people should use whatever bathroom they feel appropriate'? A kick in the teeth to all those bigots that voted for him already laugh.gif

Expect more to come. The Muslim one has gone too. I'm really starting to believe he's a total chameleon, who has played a very nasty and silly game with America. The best he can do is frankly curb the nasty behaviour and work on the positives from his policy - yes, rebuild and invest into desperately needed US infrastructure, yes, lower taxes and the struggles it brings and yes, work on lessening the damage globalisation is doing and create jobs rather than lose them outwards.

He can also get down to something with Russia.

With Hilary, we'd have been looking at war, I'm sure of it. Any chance at all to sort this mess out with them over a table is better than over a battlefield.

Hopefully he'll bugger off after four years, having helped out the poor a bit, improved US trade and done *!%+ all else to rock the boat. Then get a more progressive leader that isn't insanely Left Wing but tied into the needs of the country/changes in direction required but in a much more compassionate, professional and gracious way worthy of POTUS.  

Quote    Reply   

#95 [url]

Nov 12 16 12:30 AM

Guys, you're missing the point. The KKK is having a rally to celebrate his victory. Gay people are being thrown onto the subway tracks in NYC. White men were standing in front of mosques shouting "go home" in Astoria earlier tonight. Children in 3rd grade were chanting "build a wall" during their lunch breaks. Muslim women are having their hijabs ripped off their heads. I work on a tour bus in NYC and they had a high school class from Ontario, Canada on today-- there were 16 year old boys wearing "Make America Great Again" hats just to piss people off. If you don't live here, you can't get it-- it's absolute madness. Even after 9/11, people were more somber than anything else. Now, people are in an absolute panic.

People are paralyzed with fear and there is zero doubt in my mind that it is because he was elected. This stuff wasn't happening last week. His victory basically said to every racist and bigot all over the country that it's ok to hate and they have gotten much louder about it. His candidacy alone is the worst thing to happen in American history since 9/11 and we are only 2 days in to his presidency-- I wish I could say that things are going to get better, but I honestly can't bring myself to believe they will. And he just keeps making things WORSE. He tweeted yesterday "The media is paying protesters and inciting riots!"-- Like, ARE YOU F****ING KIDDING ME?! Hillary and the democratic party would have at the very least said SOMETHING to try and comfort people. Nothing is being done-- in fact, he's playing victim. I'm honestly devastated in a way that I've never been before.

Last Edited By: jamiclever Nov 12 16 12:58 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

houseofMusiC

#96 [url]

Nov 12 16 3:00 AM

jamiclever wrote:
Guys, you're missing the point. The KKK is having a rally to celebrate his victory. Gay people are being thrown onto the subway tracks in NYC. White men were standing in front of mosques shouting "go home" in Astoria earlier tonight. Children in 3rd grade were chanting "build a wall" during their lunch breaks. Muslim women are having their hijabs ripped off their heads. I work on a tour bus in NYC and they had a high school class from Ontario, Canada on today-- there were 16 year old boys wearing "Make America Great Again" hats just to piss people off. If you don't live here, you can't get it-- it's absolute madness. Even after 9/11, people were more somber than anything else. Now, people are in an absolute panic.

People are paralyzed with fear and there is zero doubt in my mind that it is because he was elected. This stuff wasn't happening last week. His victory basically said to every racist and bigot all over the country that it's ok to hate and they have gotten much louder about it. His candidacy alone is the worst thing to happen in American history since 9/11 and we are only 2 days in to his presidency-- I wish I could say that things are going to get better, but I honestly can't bring myself to believe they will. And he just keeps making things WORSE. He tweeted yesterday "The media is paying protesters and inciting riots!"-- Like, ARE YOU F****ING KIDDING ME?! Hillary and the democratic party would have at the very least said SOMETHING to try and comfort people. Nothing is being done-- in fact, he's playing victim. I'm honestly devastated in a way that I've never been before.
F*cking neo nazis.smiley: eyes

https://twitter.com/Jaaezus/status/796417669222141952

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#97 [url]

Nov 12 16 7:31 AM

jamiclever wrote:

I agree. I'm Aussie but I've seen stuff that my American friends have been posting and saying and there is so much unrest in America it's frightening. I've no doubt he's going to backpedal on the policies that will be impossible to get through the gate like banning Muslims, building the wall etc but at the same time he's going to obliterate marriage equality, women's rights, and while not directly endorsing it just him being POTUS will give the supporters of his that are inbred rednecks all the ammunition and entitlement they need to enforce their hatred & bigotry.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#98 [url]

Nov 12 16 7:33 AM

jamiclever wrote:
Guys, you're missing the point. The KKK is having a rally to celebrate his victory. Gay people are being thrown onto the subway tracks in NYC. White men were standing in front of mosques shouting "go home" in Astoria earlier tonight. Children in 3rd grade were chanting "build a wall" during their lunch breaks. Muslim women are having their hijabs ripped off their heads. I work on a tour bus in NYC and they had a high school class from Ontario, Canada on today-- there were 16 year old boys wearing "Make America Great Again" hats just to piss people off. If you don't live here, you can't get it-- it's absolute madness.

We watch the news. This is the biggest event of the year. We're 'missing no point'. Please don't speak down to us as if we're clueless or uninformed. 

We are aware that Trump's more toxic supporters have gone AWOL, thinking his win justifies whatever they want to say or do. As we are aware some of Hilary's supporters have taken to the streets and held violent protests that have led to property damage, physical assaults on Trump supporters and police intervention. This is a difficult time for America. You are divided and reeling from a political result few saw coming. Its the biggest political event in over 200 years of your history. The world is watching, we understand, we are aware and our support is with your great country.

You will make it through this once the shock and anger settles. American is a resilient country and its people are strong.  

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#100 [url]

Nov 12 16 8:01 AM

Never before have there been so many protests of this magnitude following a US election.
And the fascist pig twitted that it's the media's fault for covering them...
So yeah, the problem lies with the leader and not just some of his followers, but all of them.
They all knew beforehand who they were voting for.
You can't just say I'm voting for Trump because he's going to create new jobs and ignore the bigotry he's been preaching.

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help