Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#21 [url]

Oct 6 16 9:24 AM

tl2mc wrote:
 To Trump it is all a game

I think this is what keeps fascinating and disturbing me with Trump. It does all feel like a game or big joke to him. I think even if you didn't like Hilary or other political leaders around the world, you can see they all care about their cause and believe in it, right or wrong. I just don't get that with Trump. At all. He is so unfocused and contradictory. Like a student out on an all night bender who then took a brief read through his notes five minutes before the exam.   

I feel like he's not really taking it seriously and being the leader of a country like American is an honour and role to be utterly committed to. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

tl2mc

#22 [url]

Oct 6 16 9:25 AM

Oh and it's not just white little old Men who support him of course.... Sorry for the generalization.... It's also groups of people that you'd least expect. I understand people want less taxation(personally I like my nice roads and school, etc... People forget this is where a lot of our money goes to)and cuts to programs that help the poor due to so many abusing the system but to support a party that will never see you as an equal or a priority still boggles my mind!

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#23 [url]

Oct 6 16 9:39 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

You're trying to widen the issue to the widest possible extreme in the most predictable of ways. Hitler. The Nazi Party. I'm on 0, you've hit it to 10. I was making a general statement on the policy of judging the voters - that I don't find it appropriate to pass heavy handed judgement on American voters, voting for their America leader, in their own internal democratic election. Do I think Trump is a better candidate than Hilary? No.

But if I met an American who was voting for Trump, I would not harshly judge them because I have no grasp of what life is really like for the average American or a persons specific quality of life. You think flipping on the BBC for ten minutes after work can give you a taste of what those people go through? If they haven't got enough police on the street and are living in fear of gun crime or rape? If their children are having terrible state education that dooms their future? Too many times in history other countries have shoved their views and agendas into the internal affairs of other countries with zero restrain and nuance and its led to disaster, with repurcusions that last for decades. I do feel its something we should learn from. A little bit of tact would go a long way.

I do feel Hilary would be a stronger president. Trump is utterly reckless, amateur and his policies are ridiculous comical soundbites. But I would never judge an American voter whatever their vote and it is just not my place to enforce what I think the good people of America should vote for.

You might think it's wrong for me to think someone is insane for voting Trump. But they are insane. They've been driven insane by their circumstances and then some sociopath comes down and promises to make everything better if they follow their agenda, promising the world to them and they buy it because their desperation has drove them to it. It's the very definition of insanity and I will call that out.

No, I don't think its insane you think that. I wouldn't vote for Trump. I just wouldn't take my ass onto social media or into someone's face who is American and try to tell them how to vote. I don't think that's my place. Someone from America could easily turn around and say "Well, middle class white boy from the South East of England, living it up in London half a world away - what do you know about my circumstances? Or what my current government has done for me?"

Rather sheepishly, I'd have to admit they are right. I don't. And you don't.

Going back to Hilary, I've seen people on Twitter (from the UK) saying how could anyone vote for her? She's a total snake who will cover her own ass and her terrible dark history with Bill and his antics (their words and views, not mine). But then I think, people may forget that stuff because the reforms she is offering to make would appeal to certain voters and their situations. So they will vote for her. You are correct, much of this is from desperation - in the case of Trump, they may vote for his vile, chaotic policies because they believe his policies may directly uplift them. Same for Hilary, people may be able to look past her sinister antics backstage because her policies may uplift them and they are desperate for that too.    

Sure, no one can tell you how to vote, but I don't think there is any harm in getting involved in the dialogue. Don't get me wrong I don't hunt out Trump supporters online to start arguments, (the ultimate futile exercise with Trump voters especially, who have proven that NOTHING will change their mind). However if someone is on their soapbox and they are spouting bile in the name of Trump in an open forum then fair game, I'm not going to stay quiet because I don't live there.

Hillary is a tough one, her career in politics is so extensive and public that the political flip flopping over the years and bad choices are easy to find. It's not hard to find blemishes on her record. Not saying that excuses it, but over someone who has been under the radar, or in this case, no background in politics at all it's easy to find receipts against her. I think at best she will be a "safe" president, who won't do anything for progress. But hopefully won't set things way back (unlike a Trump administration). It's sad that that's the best we can hope for in a president but at this point, I'll take that over the alternative.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#24 [url]

Oct 6 16 9:48 AM

Kevon wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:

You might think it's wrong for me to think someone is insane for voting Trump. But they are insane. They've been driven insane by their circumstances and then some sociopath comes down and promises to make everything better if they follow their agenda, promising the world to them and they buy it because their desperation has drove them to it. It's the very definition of insanity and I will call that out.

No, I don't think its insane you think that. I wouldn't vote for Trump. I just wouldn't take my ass onto social media or into someone's face who is American and try to tell them how to vote. I don't think that's my place. Someone from America could easily turn around and say "Well, middle class white boy from the South East of England, living it up in London half a world away - what do you know about my circumstances? Or what my current government has done for me?"

Rather sheepishly, I'd have to admit they are right. I don't. And you don't.

Going back to Hilary, I've seen people on Twitter (from the UK) saying how could anyone vote for her? She's a total snake who will cover her own ass and her terrible dark history with Bill and his antics (their words and views, not mine). But then I think, people may forget that stuff because the reforms she is offering to make would appeal to certain voters and their situations. So they will vote for her. You are correct, much of this is from desperation - in the case of Trump, they may vote for his vile, chaotic policies because they believe his policies may directly uplift them. Same for Hilary, people may be able to look past her sinister antics backstage because her policies may uplift them and they are desperate for that too.    

Sure, no one can tell you how to vote, but I don't think there is any harm in getting involved in the dialogue. Don't get me wrong I don't hunt out Trump supporters online to start arguments, (the ultimate futile exercise with Trump voters especially, who have proven that NOTHING will change their mind). However if someone is on their soapbox and they are spouting bile in the name of Trump in an open forum then fair game, I'm not going to stay quiet because I don't live there.

Absolutely not. If they come after you, then you deal with them. I just tread carefully on these matters as I am not an American, a voter there or a resident. There is a difference I feel between saying you don't like Trump or his policies and "telling off" people who would like to vote for him over there because those voters may feel it honestly could uplift their lives when (as you've said) they are desperate, disenfranchised and see a terrible future they feel will never improve.

Hopefully, if Hilary wins, she'll be able to understand aspects of this and help as many people as possible within the country.  

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Oct 6 16 12:03 PM

Kevon wrote:

At what point do you think people's behavior and beliefs no longer warrant respect? If we were sitting watching Hitler rise to power by manipulating the masses, drumming up hate and playing on their fear (seems like an extreme example, but take out the word "Hitler" and replace it with "Trump" and the sentence still works), are we to just sit and go "not my political system/problem, so I'll respectfully keep quiet"? At what point do we have an opinion? We can already see Trump's rhetoric has had some awful effects, hate crime has gone through the roof. Or do we just ignore that and sit back until we have a Bush/Blair type type situation where we're their right hand man being dragged into a pointless war? 

THIS. It in no coincidence that the country has become the most divided it's been in decades since Trump began his campaign. I have never seen people lashing out at one another the way they are now because of this election. Racism is probably the most visible it's been since the 1960's with people shifting blame and hurling accusations left and right. Only a true monster would feed on the festering hatred and spread it around for his own personal gain. I'm not a even a political person (I have voted the last 2 elections, but never necessarily was glued to each and every debate), but this election has gone far beyond politics. This is a 1-man terror show who has lifted the curtain on all of the ugly that still lives in this country, and it is shocking and horrific to see how many constituents he has been able to garner.

Re: Hillary-- I'm curious, do we think she'd be judged so harshly for her personality and political history if she wasn't a woman? I find it interesting that people look at all she has gone through (both personally and professionally) and judge her so harshly for it. It is clear that Hillary has made becoming the first female president of the United States her end-game for her entire career. Can you even imagine how much she's had to put up with to get to where she is now? She's certainly got to have bigger balls than any male who's come before her. I applaud her tenacity and the fact that this is probably all she's ever wanted, and I'm happy to elect a president who has worked every day of her life to do so.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#27 [url]

Oct 6 16 4:49 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
Mario - you got room? I've been dying to go to Italy and your beautiful Instagram photos make me so jealous. smiley: laugh
You better stan for my IG! I've seen your likes

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#28 [url]

Oct 6 16 5:12 PM

mimifan09 wrote:
I think it's really important to have an interest and opinion on what's going on in the US. We're all such a globalised and interdependent world now that we take for granted the effects that decisions made by other countries and economies can often have on us. 
Exactly. The US is still the most influential country in the world.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#29 [url]

Oct 6 16 5:38 PM

Well I'm certainly not going to impose my opinion on anyone nor force them to vote what I think is the better choice, regardless of whether I'm living in the country in question or not.

I can't however, remain silent and not voice my political opinion especially when we're talking about a country who's politics immediately affect a large amount of democratic countries around the world. 
Besides that, it's not as if Trump hasn't already interfered with foreign countries and this while still being a candidate for the presidency. 
He has already meddled with the UK and the Brexit campaign which he was a big supporter of, Russia, a big supporter of dictator Putin's policies, not to mention some Arab countries (proposing a ban on all Muslims entering the US) and of course Mexico (who's citizens he called rapists and thieves). 
Right wing extremism is on the rise, both in Europe and the in United States, so whether American or not, this concerns us all. 
So yeah, Trump is a very dangerous warmonger and I'll even go as far as calling him the new hitler of the free world.

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#30 [url]

Oct 6 16 6:33 PM

jamiclever wrote:
Re: Hillary-- I'm curious, do we think she'd be judged so harshly for her personality and political history if she wasn't a woman? I find it interesting that people look at all she has gone through (both personally and professionally) and judge her so harshly for it. It is clear that Hillary has made becoming the first female president of the United States her end-game for her entire career. Can you even imagine how much she's had to put up with to get to where she is now? She's certainly got to have bigger balls than any male who's come before her. I applaud her tenacity and the fact that this is probably all she's ever wanted, and I'm happy to elect a president who has worked every day of her life to do so.

Just imagine Hillary had Trump's personal background... 3 husbands and 5 kids from 3 different fathers. She wouldn't be able to touch the House of Representatives.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Oct 7 16 12:11 AM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
Mario - you got room? I've been dying to go to Italy and your beautiful Instagram photos make me so jealous. smiley: laugh
You better stan for my IG! I've seen your likes laugh.gifhappy.gif

Yup! Do you take your pics with your phone or a digital camera?

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#32 [url]

Oct 7 16 7:23 AM

seanjonmc wrote:
mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
You better stan for my IG! I've seen your likes laugh.gifhappy.gif
Yup! Do you take your pics with your phone or a digital camera?
Phone only

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#35 [url]

Oct 8 16 7:19 AM

Let's hope this will be enough to turn enough people off. Sadly there are a (large) group of people who won't be swayed regardless of what he does.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#36 [url]

Oct 8 16 8:18 AM

Kevon wrote:
Let's hope this will be enough to turn enough people off. Sadly there are a (large) group of people who won't be swayed regardless of what he does.

This and his statement from a couple of days ago when he addressed the terminally ill and said "I don't care how sick you are, I don't care if you just came back from the doctor and he gave you the worst possible prognosis, meaning it's over. Doesn't matter. Hang on till November 8. Get out and vote."

I can't believe that half of the American population is still supporting this monster. 

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#37 [url]

Oct 8 16 8:54 AM

Stamos wrote:
Kevon wrote:

"I don't care how sick you are, I don't care if you just came back from the doctor and he gave you the worst possible prognosis, meaning it's over. Doesn't matter. Hang on till November 8. Get out and vote."

Lord. "Hold on in until voting day. You can die on the 9th, just give me your vote!" smiley: laugh smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Oct 9 16 4:02 PM

A new story has come out about him raping a 13 year-old in the 90's and a federal judge has ordered a hearing for December. I mean... I just can't anymore.

I bought a bag of chex mix the size of my head for the debate tonight-- it's gonna be a DOOZY!

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#39 [url]

Oct 11 16 6:50 AM

I'm watching the second Presidential debate right now. I'm loving it, lol, it's like The Real Presidential Nominees of The United States.

I don't know why I'm so interested this year, maybe it's because it's Donald Trump is running and I like watching a car accident in action lol but I'm also excited at the possibility that 'we', as an honorary American, could see a female President for the first time. First, the first African American President and now maybe the first female.

I just can't with Trump and his sweeping statements "I'm going to cut tax rights down to 15% down from 35%" but no explanation how lol. And he was attacking Bill Clinton for his indiscretions from the 90s like it was Hilary's fault... and going at her for being a lawyer in the 70, defending a rapist, and bring the raped girl with him to the debate. Like, this is such a reality show lol.

I really like strong women that hold themselves very well and I like how Hilary speaks and she seems to know her stuff. Having said that, I don't know much about American politics and no real idea of what Hilary has done in her career as Secretary of State or the whole email fiasco but from what I'm seeing in the debates, I think Hilary is better for the job. She looks like she can negotiate and stand her ground. Trump would start being accusatory and call people liars.

I just really wish that Barack Obama could serve for a third year. It bugs me that America has that 2 term limit. Why is that by the way?

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#40 [url]

Oct 11 16 7:09 AM

DEAD @ "Real Presidential Nominees of The US"

The thing is with Hillary's long and very public career in politics, any misstep is going to be blown up and has been analysed to death for who she is. Not saying she has always made the right choice but then who hasn't? Over a career spanning that long, there is always going to be a plethora of material for the opponent to home in on. It doesn't change the fact that she is qualified to do the job. Even if she's not a visionary and plays it safe, she's not a time bomb like Donald Trump. I mean, the guy is famous mostly for being a reality TV star, it's not really a surprise that he's treating the whole thing like a reality show

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help