Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#41 [url]

Jun 23 17 9:45 AM

I wonder if Mariah will one day be remembered for her dramas and diva antics the same way the likes of Joan Crawford are remembered today. Honestly, compared to some of the things those ladies used to do back then, makes Mariah's antics seem like childs play.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hontasy

#42 [url]

Jun 23 17 9:53 AM

mimifan09 wrote:
^ I do agree with everything you're saying. She should be professional at all times and it is only courtesy and professional to be on time to things, to iron out whatever issues she had with the project before they showed up to filming.

But what exactly has Mariah lost in this whole thing? Is it tarnishing her music legacy? No way. Fact of the matter is, the diva behaviour and demands have followed Mariah for 20 years. Right now, this story blowing up isn't great because everything else about her in the media isn't exactly positive. But when she was top of the music world, the outrageous diva stories flooded the media even more than now.

I agree, and this one particular incident is not gonna harm her that much yes, but when she was on top of her game and the diva stories were everywhere, nobody cared much as she was still fresh, still on charts and there was great music. Now she only makes headlines with shades, diva moments or cringeworthy performances and thats what everyone thinks she is all about. People are forgetting about her accomplishments as these stories are overshadowing her legacy.  So i am afraid in the end she might just be remembered as a messy, bitchy diva who has a popular Christmas song and not the legend she actually is.

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Jun 23 17 10:04 AM

Mariah has always desired acceptance from the acting community and Hollywood, and has idolized comedians such as Ferrell and Poehler and the movies they make. What she lost is their personal respect and willingness to ever work with her again or those in that whole acting circle. And yes, I do think there is a limit to fans and the public in terms of perception. The narrative is really bad right now and she has lost some lambs along the way. I actually ran into an OG FOMM person at a bar this week and he was like, yeah I can't anymore. 

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jun 23 17 10:11 AM

hontasy wrote:
mimifan09 wrote:
^ I do agree with everything you're saying. She should be professional at all times and it is only courtesy and professional to be on time to things, to iron out whatever issues she had with the project before they showed up to filming.

But what exactly has Mariah lost in this whole thing? Is it tarnishing her music legacy? No way. Fact of the matter is, the diva behaviour and demands have followed Mariah for 20 years. Right now, this story blowing up isn't great because everything else about her in the media isn't exactly positive. But when she was top of the music world, the outrageous diva stories flooded the media even more than now.

I agree, and this one particular incident is not gonna harm her that much yes, but when she was on top of her game and the diva stories were everywhere, nobody cared much as she was still fresh, still on charts and there was great music. Now she only makes headlines with shades, diva moments or cringeworthy performances and thats what everyone thinks she is all about. People are forgetting about her accomplishments as these stories are overshadowing her legacy.  So i am afraid in the end she might just be remembered as a messy, bitchy diva who has a popular Christmas song and not the legend she actually is.

^ Is Michael Jackson primarily remembered as a child molester/paedophile or whatever range of adjectives that were used to the describe him for years? Is Whitney primarily remembered as a crackhead? People laughed at her and booed her while on stage and walked out of her shows calling for refunds because she sounded so bad during her last tour.

But the second both of those legends died, their music and their legacies were celebrated. Their legacies are remembered by everyone first and foremost. The other stuff are footnotes. 

Mariah's situation isn't even that serious. The "worst" thing she has done is have a breakdown at a time when she was fighting for her career and the media called her insane. She overcame that. The diva stuff is just tabloid fodder. It's not like she's making global headlines every day because she demands something crazy. Most of the time those things are exaggerated and even false. There have been a few occasions I have been concerned about her legacy. The first was the leaking of the mic feed of the Rockefeller performance. She was a laughing stock in the media. It was everywhere. But the song got bigger that year. She was also a laughing stock after New Years Eve but all it did was result in an increase in her streaming and views of her biggest hits on Youtube. 

Mariah's issues are all image related and easily fixed if she just got her !#$$ together. If she was in good voice like we all know she can be and delivered one heck of a performance at a high profile televised event, it would do her a lot of good. But the minute she would have an off day, it will make news again. None of it will ever truly impact on her legacy. 

Last Edited By: mimifan09 Jun 23 17 10:14 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#45 [url]

Jun 23 17 10:30 AM

^Signed.

People who have had far worse press for being a junkie, an alcoholic, a child molester are still remembered as "legends" once their time passes. Mariah being a diva is not that big a deal by comparison.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jun 23 17 3:23 PM

Mariah is getting real flack at the moment and it's largely undeserved. People in the media especially and the general public increasingly forget she's just a human being. A fragile human being. We know she hates being thought of as fragile, but she is. Stevie Wonder could see that. She's incredibly insecure and actually in this situation she clearly didn't have a support system. That's what she's really lacking. Stella can support her personally but not professionally, she doesn't have the experience or tools. Mariah needs to feel loved, adored and like everyone is behind her doing what will be best for her, not their half bit movie. Yes, they are using her to publicise their crappy movie. This will all blow over but we have to remember Mariah had such a hard time at New Year and hasn't had an ounce of good luck, support or publicity since and any human being would struggle with that. Mariah is always hours late, anyone should have anticipated that. Mariah is a genius and will request things be moved at any minute, they should have given her what she asked for and she would have been sensational and this conversation would not be happening. Same at NY, if they had fixed her ear monitors, what occurred would never have been. I'm sorry but this is her management teams fault. Their singular purpose is to protect their artist and make sure everything is in place for her to do her best. They failed. Again. Mariah please sack your team and start afresh. Pay the money and get a real leader in your camp. The tabloids are trash but they are making trash of a living legend who's like will never be seen again, and it's her teams fault. No one elses. Mariah will end up having another breakdown, or worse, if this nonsense doesn't cease. Dramatic but true. This Vegas run and Lionel's tour better go off with out a hitch or I'll be hunting down Stella MYSELF. I know you're reading this Stella girl, do Mariah a favour and be a friend not a manager. You're not equipped to do the job.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#48 [url]

Jun 23 17 5:52 PM

I think Mariah wants to have things both ways. I think she wants to still make tons of cash like she always has but at the same time use her name and longevity as an excuse to do things half assed and not really work for the money anymore. She probably got close to a million dollars at that private gig the other night. For that amount of cash you should probably make sure you're sounding decent. But does anyone think she put more than 30 mins thought into what she was gonna do that night. Same with this movie situation. Its like oh a cute little cameo. I can just show up wing it and make a quick buck. No need to actually, you know, take some time to read what's expected of me and come to the shoot prepared, I'm Mariah Carey Dahling.

I mean if this were the only situation this has happened in the last 5-6 years or so I'd say give her a break. But this is just another part of a pattern of her winging things, not taking things seriously or professionally, and expecting a big payout. If she doesn't wanna work she doesn't have to, she's got enough in the bank to live four more lifetimes. If she does want to still work then she should start putting some effort in otherwise her reputation will continue to suffer, although I do wonder if she just doesn't care about her reputation/legacy and this is something lambs worry about more than she does. If that is the case it's really upsetting to think her drive is almost purely monetary when she already has so much. If she charted a different course post TEOM she could be the envy of everyone in music, a living legend one of the last of her kind, respected and adored worldwide. It's sad for fans who know her history and her mark on music and know that she deserves it, but again, maybe she doesn't want or care about any of it.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jun 23 17 7:46 PM

^ THIS!! Take some time off and get inspired again by life, love and rap connections. At this point in her career she should be handpicking her projects and only committing to those she can devote all her attention towards. My boyfriend and I are seeing her in Vegas this July. I really she gets it together vocally and hope she doesn't cancel on us again.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jun 24 17 2:24 AM

mcfan wrote:
These girls are just milking the story to extend their 15 minutes.

Basically. 
Mariah needs to be more professional though. Its no point posting this though since lambs have been saying it for yearssmiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#51 [url]

Jun 24 17 5:04 AM

Mariah has been very committed to Vegas and the tour in Europe was very focused. She clearly knows how to work and be professional.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jun 24 17 3:46 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
I think Mariah wants to have things both ways. I think she wants to still make tons of cash like she always has but at the same time use her name and longevity as an excuse to do things half assed and not really work for the money anymore. She probably got close to a million dollars at that private gig the other night. For that amount of cash you should probably make sure you're sounding decent. But does anyone think she put more than 30 mins thought into what she was gonna do that night. Same with this movie situation. Its like oh a cute little cameo. I can just show up wing it and make a quick buck. No need to actually, you know, take some time to read what's expected of me and come to the shoot prepared, I'm Mariah Carey Dahling.

I mean if this were the only situation this has happened in the last 5-6 years or so I'd say give her a break. But this is just another part of a pattern of her winging things, not taking things seriously or professionally, and expecting a big payout. If she doesn't wanna work she doesn't have to, she's got enough in the bank to live four more lifetimes. If she does want to still work then she should start putting some effort in otherwise her reputation will continue to suffer, although I do wonder if she just doesn't care about her reputation/legacy and this is something lambs worry about more than she does. If that is the case it's really upsetting to think her drive is almost purely monetary when she already has so much. If she charted a different course post TEOM she could be the envy of everyone in music, a living legend one of the last of her kind, respected and adored worldwide. It's sad for fans who know her history and her mark on music and know that she deserves it, but again, maybe she doesn't want or care about any of it.

Completely agree. 

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#56 [url]

Jul 1 17 2:42 PM

The Tomatometer from Rotten Tomatoes:

All Critics
17%

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jul 1 17 6:16 PM

He's being asked questions and he's answering them without being too harsh. You can tell he genuinely liked her, but was disappointed by her unprofessional behavior.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 1 17 8:40 PM

Liron tweeted that this was all fabrication from the picture company to hype up the movie.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help