Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#21 [url]

Sep 22 16 9:22 AM

Oh is it a prequel? I did wonder. Might be worth watching to familiarise myself with the world/context before getting the game I guess.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#22 [url]

Sep 22 16 9:26 AM

I believe it basically sets up the kingdom being conquered (which the main character is from). Shows how his father, the king, and his royal assistants deal with it all.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#23 [url]

Oct 25 16 9:10 AM

Did anyone watch this?

I watched the DVD last night and was actually quite impressed. A lot of these game tie in CGI movies tend to be shite (like the Resident Evil ones) but I quite liked this Final Fantasy one. It set up the backstory really well and leads totally into where FFVX begins. The fight sequences were thrilling and the visuals were incredible - if you though The Spirits Within looked good, this is light years ahead. Some shots look so utterly real.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#24 [url]

Oct 25 16 9:56 AM

I've not seen this yet but will watch it soon. So ready for this game! I was playing Tomb Raider the release for the PS4. Got about halfway through and the game just crashed. Save file and game corrupted. Can't even load the game long enough to get to the load game screen without it crashing. It's a common thing that's happening to loads of people. No workaround and solution other than completely wipe the game from the playstation and start from scratch. Just not prepared to start again right now, kinda want my money back. Shame I was really excited and tbh it's the first PS4 game I've played properly. Utter shambled that a bug like that would exist.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#26 [url]

Oct 26 16 4:04 AM

^It's so annoying because I wanted to rush through TR to get the Classic Skin feature (where the character is the old PS1 polygon model ) but now I don't know if I can be bothered starting from scratch again. Ugh. If that happened with a game that has the gameplay time of FFXV, mass suicides would be happening

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#27 [url]

Oct 26 16 5:57 AM

I guess that's why I at least respect the FFXV delay. A lot of devs these days would simply rush out a game with issues and rely on a day one patch to fix it. Games are being released half done or with way too many issues. Its very frustrating.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#28 [url]

Nov 18 16 10:47 AM

If you have quite a bit of time, some of you may enjoy this -

Its a 60 Days of FFXV retrospective, which details all the ups, downs and changes the game has gone through on its journey from FFXIII Versus to FFXV. Quite interesting and a fascinating look back on everything this game has gone through.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#33 [url]

Nov 27 16 7:14 AM

It was good wasn't it? Now I'm in playing it, I personally think watching the film has really enriched my understanding of whats going on in Lucis 'off camera'.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#34 [url]

Nov 28 16 4:45 AM

I watched it last night as well. Glad I did, its definitely got me psyched up for the game! And now I understand the world a bit better.

I spotted Lena Headey playing Luna straight away. Giving some game of thrones teas

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#35 [url]

Nov 28 16 7:48 AM

Is the game any good?

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#36 [url]

Nov 28 16 7:07 PM

matty tat tat wrote:
Is the game any good?

I'm really enjoying it. I've broken into the second world/land now. I guess it depends on what you like from FF and what is your fave in the series? Its like FFXII with the open world exploration but with much tighter sense of direction around it, so you don't feel like you're doing endless loot runs with no characterisation or narrative. The combat is fantastic but fast and sometimes frantic.

It feels a very fresh FF to me, brining in fresher game ideas a lot more successfully than FFXIII tried.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#37 [url]

Nov 28 16 7:32 PM

Kevon wrote:
I watched it last night as well. Glad I did, its definitely got me psyched up for the game! And now I understand the world a bit better.

Now playing the game, I think the film is really good viewing. I was a bit surprised the game didn't set up the whole failed treaty backstory part better. It almost assumes you'll know its going on and when it catches up the characters, doesn't take much time to flesh it out.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#38 [url]

Nov 29 16 4:56 AM

I liked the open world of XII, and over the linear nature of XIII. However that was the only thing I liked about XII. Everything else was infuriating and the story was the weakest so far that I've seen. So that's exciting.

I was reading a review that criticised the game's main story, saying that it wasn't very clear what was going on throughout the game, but the interaction and character dynamic was really strong. But yes it seems you need to have watched the movie to know the overall story and really pay attention to the conversations and what's going on in the world around you, it doesn't spoon feed you the plot.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Nov 29 16 6:55 AM

I downloaded the game while I was at work. Came home and it was already installed.
So I launched it, was presented with basic settings, then the main splash screen started...... New Game is greyed out?
I look at top right corner and it says "install time remaining 900 minutes" omg what does this mean? *cries*

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#40 [url]

Nov 29 16 7:36 AM

^15 hours to go?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help