Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#881 [url]

Jun 2 17 7:23 AM

Vincent wrote:
Maybe she didn't agree to have a deadline...

Its nothing but a hunch but I suspect Sony have definitely laid down some expectations around the time LA got the boot. I refuse to believe her about face on releasing only singles for the foreseeable future and suddenly saying "album soon" isn't connected to LA leaving/new label dynamics. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#883 [url]

Jun 2 17 10:23 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Vincent wrote:Maybe she didn't agree to have a deadline...

Its nothing but a hunch but I suspect Sony have definitely laid down some expectations around the time LA got the boot. I refuse to believe her about face on releasing only singles for the foreseeable future and suddenly saying "album soon" isn't connected to LA leaving/new label dynamics. 

That could be it; or it could be that they realized with "I Don't" flopping that it wasn't the best approach.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#885 [url]

Jun 4 17 4:00 PM

cris258 wrote:
I'm sure Epic made it clear 'you're next out the door if you don't get your #%%@ together and get a record out'.

That's exactly what I suspect. Maybe LA wasn't rushing her to actually give them a proper album but the second he was gone, I think things changed. This is how things work - the second you get even an average shift in personnel at a label (product manager, digital marketing manager, etc), things change. Mariah's mate basically just left the label and whoever is in coming isn't going to have the same affinity or offer the same passes.

What they are going to have is they've still got a new sign with no new music barring a pretty poorly performing greatest hits. It wouldn't shock me if it was "give us something or get out". And remember, Mariah doesn't have all that many options if (even as a legacy artist) she wants to remain in the lanes of major label funding and the advantages that brings.   

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#886 [url]

Jun 4 17 4:01 PM

Kevon wrote:
I was quite excited for a Gawain: Revealed moment laugh.gif

I know. Gawain is like of those all powerful forces. So present but never quite revealed smiley: laugh smiley: laugh 

Quote    Reply   

#887 [url]

Jun 4 17 11:17 PM

RE:

cris258 wrote:
I'm sure Epic made it clear 'you're next out the door if you don't get your ++$% together and get a record out'.

Ya'll think this is 1991 and record labels own their artists. They don't have much control over Mariah especially at her caliber so whatever deal she has, I'm sure she's protected and couldn't be bothered with any supposed threats of termination. They'd have to buy her out which would be too much drama and bad publicity on their part.

Quote    Reply   

bigj405

#889 [url]

Jun 6 17 2:28 PM

her nipple is slightly showing in the joey pic

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#896 [url]

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Scott Storch is so 2005. Although at least he's someone new for her (they haven't done a full-on proper collabo).

Except for Side Effects

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#897 [url]

Brazilian X Man wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
Scott Storch is so 2005. Although at least he's someone new for her (they haven't done a full-on proper collabo).

Except for Side Effects

Eww. Now I went completely flaccid.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help