Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#681 [url]

Apr 24 17 5:41 AM

Candy Bling was such a great song. And the belts at the end were so clear. That track could have gone on for another minute of vocals like that

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#683 [url]

Apr 24 17 12:39 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Love Candy Bling. To me it's part of the great The Roof/Lullaby/Faded series. *ducks*

I love it too, but that's a reach and a half. smiley: laugh This was also one of those songs from Memoirs that suffers from the weird mixing issues.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#685 [url]

Apr 24 17 2:52 PM

There's definitely something strange with the mixing, first off the volume is super loud whenever it comes on after HATEU and yes those finger snaps are too loud in the mix. That's something that definitely declined post-Bfly- before Rainbow her albums always sounded pristine. The Capri studio didn't help, but that had burned down by the time Memoirs was released lol.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#686 [url]

Apr 24 17 3:20 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
There's definitely something strange with the mixing, first off the volume is super loud whenever it comes on after HATEU and yes those finger snaps are too loud in the mix. That's something that definitely declined post-Bfly- before Rainbow her albums always sounded pristine. The Capri studio didn't help, but that had burned down by the time Memoirs was released lol.

She recorded a lot of TEOM in the Capri studio and the mixing on that album is great. The issue I think is more her than any studio or equipment. 

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#687 [url]

Apr 24 17 3:36 PM

But the audio quality isn't solely Mariah's doing. I looked at the credits and noticed that the mastering on TEOM was done by a different person than for CB and Memoirs. So probably that guy played a big part in why TEOM sounded crisp and clear compared to those other two.

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#688 [url]

Apr 24 17 3:48 PM

Yeah, the mastering could play a big part in it, IDK. I just know that she's a major control freak in the studio down to even the mixing and such of all the records. MCIIY & MIAM were both mixed pretty well for the most part so I have hope the next album will sound good too.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#689 [url]

Apr 24 17 3:51 PM

It must be hard to do the mixing for an artist like Mariah who does so many layers and harmonies and adlibs. I mean, you listen to heartbreaker and at the end of the song you have the prechorus, chorus and adlibs going on at the same time. Finding the balance where the chorus is still pronounced whilst not letting the adlibs sound too faint must be tricky.

Mariah will obviously have a say in everything as well which must make the job twice as high pressure too

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#690 [url]

Apr 24 17 4:25 PM

Kevon wrote:
It must be hard to do the mixing for an artist like Mariah who does so many layers and harmonies and adlibs. I mean, you listen to heartbreaker and at the end of the song you have the prechorus, chorus and adlibs going on at the same time. Finding the balance where the chorus is still pronounced whilst not letting the adlibs sound too faint must be tricky.

Mariah will obviously have a say in everything as well which must make the job twice as high pressure too laugh.gif

She was literally freaking out over the hi-hat on one song on MIAM last minute last time around and had them re-do it at the last second. Something so minute. She's gotten extremely Michael Jackson-esque to the point where she re-does every little thing over and over to where I feel like she probably ruins some perfectly great tracks. There was no reason TAOLG couldn't have been out in time for Idol. The majority of the album was ready.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#691 [url]

Apr 24 17 5:16 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Love Candy Bling. To me it's part of the great The Roof/Lullaby/Faded series. *ducks*
I agree with this, and I'd have to say that out of all of these Faded would be my least favorite. *ducks*

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

#692 [url]

Apr 24 17 7:06 PM

jamiclever wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
I agree with this, and I'd have to say that out of all of these Faded would be my least favorite. *ducks*

Really? Candy Bling is better than Faded and Teom is on par with Butterfly? Gerl.....

Quote    Reply   

#693 [url]

Apr 24 17 8:48 PM

I don't now about everyone else but I almost just as excited about hearing the Artists that Mariah signs and hopefully writes and produces songs for under the Label! She did an amazing job with Crave but the only thing missing was signing artist from all different genre's. Hopefully this time around she signs R&B, Hip-Hop, Rock, Dance artists as well.

Let's take a minute to remember some of the great release's that came off Crave! Like this amazing ballad with Mariah on Backround vocals

Quote    Reply   

#694 [url]

Apr 24 17 8:56 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

Really? Candy Bling is better than Faded and Teom is on par with Butterfly? Gerl.....
I didn't say TEOM was on par with Butterfly-- I said it was the quintessential Mariah Carey album almost a decade later-- meaning they both represented the artist she was at those times. I definitely rank Butterfly higher than TEOM.

I like Faded, but I don't love the vocals for the last half. I don't believe that's really her voice and it bothers me.

The more I think about it-- Candy Bling actually fits more in the Underneath The Stars-Fourth Of July realm.

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#695 [url]

Apr 24 17 11:12 PM

I really like Candy Bling, now. When MOAIA was first released I didn't like it because I thought the vocals were too mumbly and they still are but I enjoy the track now. I also like the vocals at the end and the bridge. IMO the only take away tracks from MOAIA are Obsessed, HATEU, Candy Bling, UOMF (although this gets boring too soon), Angel (Prelude), & Angels Cry. The Jump Smokers mixes save some of the other tracks (Inseperable, Standing O) and the Angels Advocate remix album only helps Ribbon - I loooooooove Fabolous' rap, wish he had a bigger part in it because once his rap is over it's back to the album version.

The album version of BGK has a horrible 2nd half with all that 'Oprah Winfrey, whole segment, for real' part. I muuuuuch prefer the Jump Smokers mix that removes all that filler. The R Kelly duet was exciting at first because it feels like an actual duet although his verse is utterly ridiculous. "Don't go accusing me of something I didn't meant to do"... Err a lot of cheating and stuff are things people didn't mean to do... Does mean you can't be held accountable. And I don't know if it's meant to, but his verse totally contradicts Mariah's. She walks in on them in her bed room and flees the scene. He's chilling at his friend who's just a girl and gets slipped a rufi. I mean, what straight guy hangs out at another girls house drinking and taking shots when they have a girlfriend? What a recipe for disaster. So in all I kinda like the conviction that R Kelly brings to the "remix" but it's so stupid I can't take it seriously.

This ended up being a pseudo review of the album lol so I guess I'll finish it like one. All in all, I can listen to Memoirs when it's dispersed in a large playlist of all of MCs albums but I can't listen to it on it's own because there are too many tracks between Candy Bling and Angel (Prelude) that I can't handle all at once, it's definitely bottom of my MC album ranking.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

#696 [url]

Apr 25 17 12:54 PM

Kevon wrote:

Just today I listened to Heartbreaker and wondered how hard it must have been to mix the accapella part without it ending up sounding like indistictive clatter. I mean, I have no experience in this stuff, but it got me wondering.

__    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __

Charmbracelet is my favorite MC album. DEAL WIT IT

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#697 [url]

Apr 25 17 1:42 PM

jamiclever wrote:

I like Faded, but I don't love the vocals for the last half. I don't believe that's really her voice and it bothers me..

...what?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#699 [url]

Apr 25 17 2:03 PM

^ I don't agree at all. I think the song has some of the best belting on the album. Doesn't sound altered at all. Altered would be the belting on OMT and Heavenly.

Quote    Reply   

#700 [url]

Apr 25 17 2:25 PM

^ Agree to disagree! I think the best belting on MIAM is on Supernatural and Meteorite. I agree it sounds altered on OMT, but on Heavenly it sounds just too overlapped, not necessarily too altered.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help