#41 [url]

Jul 20 16 9:16 AM

Kevon wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

I hope she gives you another Memoirs.

tumblr_m5glnlIAkZ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

And if it does

tumblr_n0spbljSNv1r2ifvho1_400.gif

She drops another Memoirs and then you'll be back on here slobbering all over how great MIAM was. I may sit there quietly but I'll eventually speak out...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#42 [url]

Jul 20 16 10:08 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

I hope she gives you another Memoirs.

tumblr_m5glnlIAkZ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

And if it does

tumblr_n0spbljSNv1r2ifvho1_400.gif

She drops another Memoirs and then you'll be back on here slobbering all over how great MIAM was. I may sit there quietly but I'll eventually speak out...

I'll tell you where that scenario would happen.

f4a3b8a0-5645-11e4-8eef-a30ee0a3d2ba_nev

giphy.gif

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#44 [url]

Jul 20 16 11:04 AM

^It took you full minute to scroll down 6 posts? Or does that include the time you took to write a complaint about it?

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jul 20 16 11:27 AM

I don't know where the Love for MIAM is coming from! When the Album was released I remember fans being really dispointed as was I. #Beautiful was one of the best songs she had done in years, "You're Mine" was a good song and "You Don't Know What To Do" (Rap Edit) was pretty great. Other then that the whole Album sounds like an unfinished demo. The production is messy and her vocals are yelpy and the effects on her voice sound redick. At least on MOAIA the production was good and there were songs that could have made good singles like Ribbon, Standing O and Betcha Gon' Know.

Last Edited By: Gawain of Suffolk Jul 20 16 11:41 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#46 [url]

Jul 20 16 11:36 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
I don't know where the Love for MIAM is coming from! When the Album was released I remember fans being really dispointed as was I. #Beautiful was one of the best songs she had done in years, You're was a good song and You Don't Know What To Do (Rap Edit) was pretty great. Other then that the whole Album sounds like an unfinished demo. The production is messy and her vocals are yelpy and the effects on her voice sound redick. At least on MOAIA the production was good and there were songs that could have made good singles like Ribbon, Standing O and Betcha Gon' Know.

You have an odd memory. Judging by the fan reaction on here, it was met with a very positive response despite its commercial performance.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jul 20 16 11:42 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
I don't know where the Love for MIAM is coming from! When the Album was released I remember fans being really dispointed as was I. #Beautiful was one of the best songs she had done in years, You're was a good song and You Don't Know What To Do (Rap Edit) was pretty great. Other then that the whole Album sounds like an unfinished demo. The production is messy and her vocals are yelpy and the effects on her voice sound redick. At least on MOAIA the production was good and there were songs that could have made good singles like Ribbon, Standing O and Betcha Gon' Know.

You have an odd memory. Judging by the fan reaction on here, it was met with a very positive response despite its commercial performance.

Apparently I'm very forgetful!!! lmaooo

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#48 [url]

Jul 20 16 11:43 AM

Kevon wrote:
^It took you full minute to scroll down 6 posts? Or does that include the time you took to write a complaint about it?
smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#49 [url]

Jul 20 16 11:44 AM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:

You kinda are dahhling!

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jul 20 16 1:50 PM

I might be in the minority on here but I didn't like MIAM. Memoirs was a much better album.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#51 [url]

Jul 20 16 1:59 PM

Kevon wrote:

They were spread across 2 pages.

I still love MIAM and agree with Carlos that my memory is was well-received upon release.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 20 16 4:31 PM

My problem with MIAM is there are add-libs and high notes that seem to come out of nowhere and don't even match the melody of the songs. Then to top it off there is so much going on in background that it's like trying to hear what someone is saying in a room full of people screaming. Yes I remember that critic's had praised the Album but even they pointed out her strained vocals and the strange studio effects that weren't needed. I think the Album is great lyrically but is wrong pretty much everywhere else much like Charmbracelet. I remember a lot of fans saying that as well and praising it for it's mature lyrics but I can't see anyone listening to that Album not hearing the obvious misplacement of add-libs and high notes that aren't needed!

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#53 [url]

Jul 20 16 6:07 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:

No, you just lie and make things up to fit whatever story you're telling atm.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#54 [url]

Jul 20 16 6:48 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

I don't get it either. They were going on at the time of release that it was a great album and "c'mon guys, we need to support this album....vote 2 million times here before you sleep or sh!t to help!!!11!". Now its no longer a commercial consideration or can be saved with some madcap strategy, the album is suddenly riddled with bad vocals, generally forgettable material and as flawed as CB. Okay smiley: eyes  

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jul 20 16 7:02 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:

I don't get it either. They were going on at the time of release that it was a great album and "c'mon guys, we need to support this album....vote 2 million times here before you sleep or sh!t to help!!!11!". Now its no longer a commercial consideration or can be saved with some madcap strategy, the album is suddenly riddled with bad vocals, generally forgettable material and as flawed as CB. Okay smiley: eyes  

I did say to support the singles because as I said those songs we're all good! I've always love the way Mariah layers her vocals because she creates a bed of music that goes so well together. On this Album it's like each bed doesn't bend into the other and are fighting to take the lead of the songs.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jul 20 16 7:06 PM

When MIAM became available IN FULL on iTunes radio, it was the first immersive experience I'd had in a long time, because prior to that, we would get snippets of things prior to the release date. I remember enjoying the discussion about MIAM when it came out. I think mainly people were frustrated at the single choices and the really shifty delays. "Definitely May 5th....or 27th....soon." The album itself is still one of my favorites. Memoirs had to grow on me. As a body of work, I think Memoirs is great. But the vocals for me are not great. I do want her to get back into the studio with The-Dream though. They have a fresh sound together. I'd like to hear more of them together.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#57 [url]

Jul 20 16 7:11 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

I did say to support the singles because as I said those songs we're all good! I've always love the way Mariah layers her vocals because she creates a bed of music that goes so well together. On this Album it's like each bed doesn't bend into the other and are fighting to take the lead of the songs.

You were never critical of the albums material on release. At all. You were praising it and how hard Mariah had worked on it and how we should be 'grateful' for that. These sudden issues seem to have emerged now you don't need to market it and can dump the album as it no longer has a future commercially.  

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jul 20 16 7:21 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

You were never critical of the albums material on release. At all. You were praising it and how hard Mariah had worked on it and how we should be 'grateful' for that. These sudden issues seem to have emerged now you don't need to market it and can dump the album as it no longer has a future commercially.  

I love almost all New Mariah and we had to wait so long for that Album. I never said the whole Album was a masterpiece and honestly who cares thats not the point. The point here is Mariah needs to come fresh, with music that can cross all markets, while still maintaining her roots like she did with TEOM and #Beautiful. I don't want re-hashes of anything so her last effort really has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, we are talking about Mariah's upcoming Album.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#59 [url]

Jul 20 16 7:25 PM

Y'all need to leave Gawain alone. So what he doesn't like it that much? He is still a fan and will still try and salvage an era the way he can. Perhaps he also grew tired of the album, I mean it's been 2 years.

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#60 [url]

Jul 20 16 7:42 PM

wrongparty.gif

Wrong party thread

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help