Remove this ad

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#21 [url]

Jul 18 16 7:52 PM

if shes only just now starting to record, that means it wont be out for another 2 years lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jul 18 16 8:05 PM

didn't JD do Dedicated?  i love that song.

i also hope she works with others as well, in a way thats organic.  #beautiful was a fresh sounding collabo.

~Scoop me up and we can go
To that little spot where no one knows~

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jul 18 16 8:21 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
if shes only just now starting to record, that means it wont be out for another 2 years lol

I don't think Mariah is going to wait another two year to release an Album! Remember this is the woman that pumped out an Album every year in the 90's and it only took her a few months to make Rainbow, Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angle and Merry Christmas II You which were all stellar Albums with only a few missteps! I think also long as she takes at least 6 months writing and recording she can come up with something amazing! She's already had a nice long break from writing and recording

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#25 [url]

Jul 19 16 4:26 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
It depends how motivated she is. She can turn around a project really quickly when she's inspired. 

But yes, these days she's more likely to take years smiley: laugh However, regardless of release date I am glad she is recording now when her voice is sounding so damn good. It would be a wasted opportunity to not capitalise on this.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#27 [url]

Jul 19 16 8:50 AM

2d0co0l.jpg

Quote    Reply   

bigj405

#28 [url]

Jul 19 16 10:47 AM

Well she already has some songs recorded as well. Remember last summer I think Diane Warren tweeted that she was in the studio with Mariah but forgot to take a pic. I ran into Diane back in May and asked her about the song. She said it would be on Mariahs next album. And also said that they had plans to do more songs.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jul 19 16 11:30 AM

I think Mariah just needs to be in a creative place and come fresh, inspired and write and sing raw and straight from the heart. Lately especially with MIAM I feel like she was overthinking the music a lot. Some of her best songs have come to her quickly!

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jul 19 16 12:45 PM

bigj405 wrote:
Well she already has some songs recorded as well. Remember last summer I think Diane Warren tweeted that she was in the studio with Mariah but forgot to take a pic. I ran into Diane back in May and asked her about the song. She said it would be on Mariahs next album. And also said that they had plans to do more songs.
I would LOVE to hear what Mariah and Diane could come up with together. I wouldn't mind Mariah going a more AC route at this point in her career (with urban influences, obviously)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#32 [url]

Jul 19 16 2:34 PM

^Yeah, Queen needs some change. RnB but with modern influences and some 'genreless' classics ala #B. But less 'looking back at my catalogue' throwback moments and more 'on the pulse' moments from Queen please.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#34 [url]

Jul 19 16 3:14 PM

Kevon wrote:
^Yeah, Queen needs some change.

Are we all suddenly underwriting MIAM then? It was a very solid return to form that saw her change it up with dipping into new genres and current, 'cool' sounds that were actually inspired (such as Faded) rather than dated or formulaic. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#35 [url]

Jul 19 16 5:08 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:

I don't think Mariah is going to wait another two year to release an Album! Remember this is the woman that pumped out an Album every year in the 90's and it only took her a few months to make Rainbow, Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angle and Merry Christmas II You which were all stellar Albums with only a few missteps! I think also long as she takes at least 6 months writing and recording she can come up with something amazing! She's already had a nice long break from writing and recording

However, the more consistent trait is Mariah has been slowing down in the pace of her album releases. I don't think there is any exact science anymore. It really all depends on how Mariah feels. I suspect she doesn't have quite the same hunger with newer material, a common trait as artists get older and may have the attitude of when she and the material itself is ready.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#36 [url]

Jul 20 16 3:57 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:

Are we all suddenly underwriting MIAM then? It was a very solid return to form that saw her change it up with dipping into new genres and current, 'cool' sounds that were actually inspired (such as Faded) rather than dated or formulaic. 

I know I'm in the minority but MIAM hasn't actually lasted very well on me. I can respect it for the body of work that it is, but it hasn't really had any "revisit" factor from me. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#37 [url]

Jul 20 16 6:02 AM

Kevon wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Kevon wrote:

I know I'm in the minority but MIAM hasn't actually lasted very well on me. I can respect it for the body of work that it is, but it hasn't really had any "revisit" factor from me. 

Oh.

Oh!!!

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#40 [url]

Jul 20 16 8:49 AM

carlos b fly wrote:

I hope she gives you another Memoirs.

tumblr_m5glnlIAkZ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

And if it does

tumblr_n0spbljSNv1r2ifvho1_400.gif