Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#541 [url]

Apr 19 17 7:57 AM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

This song pre-dates Joanne and it wouldn't have fit in on the album. It's apparently from 2013 sessions for the scrapped Artpop volume 2. 

She's releasing it during the Joanne campaign though so clearly it isn't that much of an issue. Opening the era with a track like this and actual hit potential would have been a much smarter idea than the unfortunate start Perfect Illusion gave it.
The Joanne era is pretty much over. 

'Pretty much' still isn't over though, is it?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#542 [url]

Apr 19 17 8:36 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
She's releasing it during the Joanne campaign though so clearly it isn't that much of an issue. Opening the era with a track like this and actual hit potential would have been a much smarter idea than the unfortunate start Perfect Illusion gave it.

The tour is the only thing left. The promo campaign for it is over. 

What exactly is your point? "The Cure" didn't fit on Joanne. "Perfect Illusion" sticks out on the album but it still makes more sense sonically. 

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#544 [url]

Apr 19 17 9:17 AM

If this song becomes a lasting hit then she should absolutely just give Joanne the IDKH treatment and get a new album out. Interesting that she's going with this sound which is quite Ariana/Justin Bieber from a couple of years ago. If it becomes a bonafide hit, it goes to show that all she needed was to just focus on pop and that people are over the zany gimmick of Gaga, they just want pop from her.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#545 [url]

Apr 19 17 9:51 AM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

What exactly is your point? 

I've already made it. The song would have been a great lead single and not a flop like Perfect Illusion and this era is "pretty much" over, not over. It really ain't over till its overs, ask Lenny. The fact Gaga's popped this track out could easily be case enough to resurrect the campaign with another Fame Monster style EP.

Million Reasons finally getting its moment and this great little song coming out would be a better case than not.

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Apr 19 17 10:14 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#546 [url]

Apr 19 17 10:36 AM

She should just rerelease Joanne as a "tour edition" or something with this song and a couple others if she's got them. She can worry about another album after the tour is over. I don't see Gaga rushing out another album unless it's a The Fame Monster sort of deal with "The Cure" and other left over songs she might have handy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#547 [url]

Apr 19 17 10:46 AM

Vincent wrote:
She should just rerelease Joanne as a "tour edition" or something with this song and a couple others if she's got them. She can worry about another album after the tour is over. I don't see Gaga rushing out another album unless it's a The Fame Monster sort of deal with "The Cure" and other left over songs she might have handy.

Precisely. It wouldn't actually be a bad idea at all if The Cure takes off and also with Million Reasons resurging. I'd say she should get the BTW tour bundled in with the tour edition album (as it was never released) but it would be a weird marketing angle to have a previous tour as your DVD. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#549 [url]

Apr 19 17 11:52 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
This song is going to be another flop-flop. 

Oh, here it is! Where's your GIF, b!tch? You know the one I mean.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#550 [url]

Apr 19 17 12:20 PM

I'll pull it out once it's official. So in like a week.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#553 [url]

Apr 19 17 5:12 PM

LADY GAGA - The Cure: 2.8M (+ 1.5M)

don't know radio stats that well Is that a good start? I think the impact date is next week
I have a feeling this will at least be a medium hit, hopefully a video will follow in a few weeks and I'm sure she'll perform it this Saturday at Coachella and she should put the video of that out to give it more promo.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#554 [url]

Apr 19 17 6:36 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

What exactly is your point? 

I've already made it. The song would have been a great lead single and not a flop like Perfect Illusion 
Did you even listen to the album? 

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#560 [url]

Apr 25 17 11:45 AM

I swear I very nearly posted "where's David and his gif?"

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply