Remove this ad

#521 [url]

Apr 16 17 6:17 PM

I don't think the song is a Mariah ripoff, IMO it's just the soft vocals in the verses that give the Mariah feel-- though, tbh, I think she sounds more like Ariana.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

tl2mc

#523 [url]

Apr 17 17 10:23 AM

I like it... the more I listen the more it grows...and it's funny everyone is mentioning the Mariah influence. While playing it yesterday my bf heard it from the other room and asked if it was a new Mariah song during the beginning part ūüė≥Lol

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#524 [url]

Apr 17 17 12:22 PM

I love the comparisons, just show Mariah's legacy :lD

Honestly, to me it sounds like a Nicole Sherzinger track. Ariana would own this like a Mariah wannabe she is It's a cute song but Gaga's timbre isn't that cute for her to do this kind of songs, she's much more of a belter/Broadway singer. But I really enjoy she tried something different though, it's just... not typical Gaga. Vocally, the whole Joanne album suits better her voice.

Anyway, at least Madonna stans can stop hating for a bit.

Last Edited By: breakbreakdown Apr 17 17 12:26 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#526 [url]

Apr 17 17 4:13 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
A Leona Lewis bland mess with wannabe Mariah vocals. Will this girl ever find an identity of her own?

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#527 [url]

Apr 17 17 6:48 PM

I think a lot of even casuals are saying mariah because of the ending, thats where i hear it the most. The song is growing on me a lot and shes the only female to snatch two #1s on itunes this year

Quote    Reply   

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#528 [url]

Apr 18 17 1:48 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
I think a lot of even casuals are saying mariah because of the ending, thats where i hear it the most. The song is growing on me a lot and shes the only female to snatch two #1s on itunes this year

Well one was both discounted and performed on the biggest platform on the f*cking planet. I mean, if it didn't go to #1 on iTunes, it didn't go to #1 on the Hot 100, then that would've just been tragic. Anyways,,,,, I'm happy to see the new song slaying. I love anytime a throwback bop slays. I'm ready for her to come back and slay. Enough of these mediocre albums. I want another Fame/Fame Monster. 

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#530 [url]

Apr 18 17 6:38 AM

BOP AWAY!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#531 [url]

Apr 18 17 6:49 AM

I like this, it's quite a different sound for her, but also very pop/akin to what's on radio at the moment. This should do pretty well. I get Brandi teas from the vocals, but can see why people are thinking Mimi (finger snaps at the verse are very Mimi too ) I can see myself using this

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#532 [url]

Apr 18 17 9:20 AM

A good song, pity she didn't open the current campaign with this and not Perfect Illusion. Gaga does sexy, cute pop quite well between this and Do What U Want.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#534 [url]

Apr 18 17 2:22 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
A good song, pity she didn't open the current campaign with this and not Perfect Illusion. Gaga does sexy, cute pop quite well between this and Do What U Want.

This song pre-dates Joanne and it wouldn't have fit in on the album. It's apparently from 2013 sessions for the scrapped Artpop volume 2. 

This is a rumor, I don't know if it's true. But it makes sense because "The Cure" was produced by DJ White Shadow, which is impressive because it would've been ahead of time. Justin Bieber and The Chainsmokers came out with this sound last year. 

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#535 [url]

Apr 18 17 3:11 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

This song pre-dates Joanne and it wouldn't have fit in on the album. It's apparently from 2013 sessions for the scrapped Artpop volume 2. 

This is a rumor, I don't know if it's true. But it makes sense because "The Cure" was produced by DJ White Shadow, which is impressive because it would've been ahead of time. Justin Bieber and The Chainsmokers came out with this sound last year. 

Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to open an Americana type of album with a pure 90's pop sound single. Misleading to say the least  
I really like this song though. I'm using.  

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#538 [url]

Apr 19 17 5:13 AM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

She's releasing it during the Joanne campaign though so clearly it isn't that much of an issue. Opening the era with a track like this and actual hit potential would have been a much smarter idea than the unfortunate start Perfect Illusion gave it.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#539 [url]

Apr 19 17 6:14 AM

I could see her using the increased momentum she got from the superbowl to put out another version of Joanne with this and a few new songs added. Not sure it would work together as a body of work, though. Unless she is just doing this as a one off single for damage control, or really intends to churn out another album fast.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#540 [url]

Apr 19 17 7:27 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

She's releasing it during the Joanne campaign though so clearly it isn't that much of an issue. Opening the era with a track like this and actual hit potential would have been a much smarter idea than the unfortunate start Perfect Illusion gave it.
The Joanne era is pretty much over. She was not going to release another single off that album, it was closed with the "John Wayne" video which was already a step towards Pop colorful Gaga. 

She's been working on the A Star Is Born remake, its soundtrack and new Pop music for months now. This song is sorta like a bridge to a new era. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help