Remove this ad

#461 [url]

Feb 11 17 2:06 PM

I dont like the song but the video is OK, more like the Gaga I love. Perfect Illusion and million reasons were boring videos.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

breakbreakdown

Posts: 11,166 We love everybody.

#462 [url]

Feb 11 17 3:06 PM

Her halftime show was amazing. It put Beyonce's and Katy's in a different league regardless what their stans claim.

It's interesting to see that Gaga is following Beyonce's footsteps: no radio hits but a huge stage presence, iconic performances after iconic performances and respected everywhere - and her sales are starting to reflect that. Actually, aside Adele, who are the mainstream radio acts that sell big?

There was an article saying that she's a legacy artist (with a hell of a legacy though). I mean, she's only on her fourth album and her last radio hit was in 2013. They were kinda writing her off, but even if she doesn't have any commercial comeback, she won't go nowhere. Within 5 years, she'll be a massive touring artist and the type of hits she'll score will be like Million Reasons (out of great high profile performances). It's interesting to see where she's heading at and I really gained a whole new layer of respect for her.

I mean, she's no Paula Abdul at this moment

Quote    Reply   

#464 [url]

Feb 11 17 5:10 PM

I think I've said this before but I definitely see Gaga as more of a Bette Midler/Cher/Liza artist-- she may not see have huge music sales again, but she'll continue to have an incredibly successful career doing movies, broadway, high-profile performances, touring, etc. She's too talented, respected, and works too hard to ever really disappear at this point.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Gospelartist03

Posts: 1,716 Chillin' at FOMM

#465 [url]

Feb 11 17 8:26 PM

Of all the people you mentioned maybe Cher is comparable but I don't get the Liza and Midlre comparison. not that I follwed them but I don't think they had the music field at their disposal like Gaga does? even though she is venturing into film... Gaga is still A list pop star, I think she'll bounce back to pop radio again if she wants it she's only 30 and it not like there are gurls at her level fighting for her spot.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Brazilian X Man

Posts: 10,305

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#466 [url]

Feb 12 17 8:14 AM

breakbreakdown wrote:
Her halftime show was amazing. It put Beyonce's and Katy's in a different league regardless what their stans claim.

It's interesting to see that Gaga is following Beyonce's footsteps: no radio hits but a huge stage presence, iconic performances after iconic performances and respected everywhere - and her sales are starting to reflect that. Actually, aside Adele, who are the mainstream radio acts that sell big?

There was an article saying that she's a legacy artist (with a hell of a legacy though). I mean, she's only on her fourth album and her last radio hit was in 2013. They were kinda writing her off, but even if she doesn't have any commercial comeback, she won't go nowhere. Within 5 years, she'll be a massive touring artist and the type of hits she'll score will be like Million Reasons (out of great high profile performances). It's interesting to see where she's heading at and I really gained a whole new layer of respect for her.

I mean, she's no Paula Abdul at this moment laugh.gif


Pop music/radio audience got a lot younger on the last years, nowadays it is basically 12-15 teenagers who see people on their 30s as old people/legacy acts. That is why the article you mentioned claims Gaga is a legacy act when she is actually fully active.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,331 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#468 [url]

Feb 12 17 4:55 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
breakbreakdown wrote:
Her halftime show was amazing. It put Beyonce's and Katy's in a different league regardless what their stans claim.

It's interesting to see that Gaga is following Beyonce's footsteps: no radio hits but a huge stage presence, iconic performances after iconic performances and respected everywhere - and her sales are starting to reflect that. Actually, aside Adele, who are the mainstream radio acts that sell big?

There was an article saying that she's a legacy artist (with a hell of a legacy though). I mean, she's only on her fourth album and her last radio hit was in 2013. They were kinda writing her off, but even if she doesn't have any commercial comeback, she won't go nowhere. Within 5 years, she'll be a massive touring artist and the type of hits she'll score will be like Million Reasons (out of great high profile performances). It's interesting to see where she's heading at and I really gained a whole new layer of respect for her.

I mean, she's no Paula Abdul at this moment laugh.gif


Pop music/radio audience got a lot younger on the last years, nowadays it is basically 12-15 teenagers who see people on their 30s as old people/legacy acts. That is why the article you mentioned claims Gaga is a legacy act when she is actually fully active.


Isn't that terrifying? That you can be seen as a legacy artist at just 30. Jesus smiley: sick
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Brazilian X Man

Posts: 10,305

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#469 [url]

Feb 12 17 5:31 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:
breakbreakdown wrote:
Her halftime show was amazing. It put Beyonce's and Katy's in a different league regardless what their stans claim.

It's interesting to see that Gaga is following Beyonce's footsteps: no radio hits but a huge stage presence, iconic performances after iconic performances and respected everywhere - and her sales are starting to reflect that. Actually, aside Adele, who are the mainstream radio acts that sell big?

There was an article saying that she's a legacy artist (with a hell of a legacy though). I mean, she's only on her fourth album and her last radio hit was in 2013. They were kinda writing her off, but even if she doesn't have any commercial comeback, she won't go nowhere. Within 5 years, she'll be a massive touring artist and the type of hits she'll score will be like Million Reasons (out of great high profile performances). It's interesting to see where she's heading at and I really gained a whole new layer of respect for her.

I mean, she's no Paula Abdul at this moment laugh.gif


Pop music/radio audience got a lot younger on the last years, nowadays it is basically 12-15 teenagers who see people on their 30s as old people/legacy acts. That is why the article you mentioned claims Gaga is a legacy act when she is actually fully active.


Isn't that terrifying? That you can be seen as a legacy artist at just 30. Jesus smiley: sick
  



I think it is for artists. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift could flop and not comeback ever at any point now because they are in their 30s. However, big acts with charisma and talent don't appear every year, so Pop music is going to become simply full of teenage garbage.

Quote    Reply   

#470 [url]

Feb 12 17 5:43 PM

I don't see Taylor flopping any time soon, and I think shes 26? Adele is also 27 I believe... I think it's also a matter of how "new" you are-- isn't Sia doing great at radio? I think shes almost 40.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

Gospelartist03

Posts: 1,716 Chillin' at FOMM

#471 [url]

Feb 12 17 6:30 PM

Yea I agree its age for sure but how long you've been in the game has a lot to do with it. most artist start to loose their grip on pop once they got in their 30's. I think once you hit the decade mark your chance at radio is 50/50 you can have those irresistible hits but they won't lap everything you put out. Taylor has the benefit of just going full pop so I give her another album, Rhiana is border line she's still under 30 but just because she's been hot for so long, and Katy is showing signs as well with the latest stuck at #4.

I guess in a way Gaga was smart (forced to but went full on with it to transition to a performance artist because she won't be defined by radio hits anymore, which would've dropped her soon enough anyway.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Kevon

Administrator

Posts: 40,114 'Showing receipts and offering seats'

#472 [url]

Feb 13 17 11:41 AM

You can't obviously apply a hard and fast rule for the ageism in the industry, there will always be exceptions we can name, but by and large it's definitely an uphill battle as an artist goes into their 30s.



Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

#473 [url]

Feb 13 17 12:20 PM

I've seen some mixed reviews (the sound glitches definitely didn't help) but I thought Gaga was awesome last night. The fact that she can go from performing with Tony Bennett last year, to that superbowl extravaganza last week, to a total metal rock chick last night-- and pull them all off is beyond impressive.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,705

#Beautiful

#474 [url]

Feb 13 17 6:30 PM

Album sales post-Superbowl:

Joanne - #3 - 48,042
The Fame - #8 - 16,808
Born This Way - #26 - 6,375
Artpop - #131 - 1,998
The Fame Monster - #194 - 1,501

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,705

#Beautiful

#475 [url]

Feb 14 17 11:29 AM

"Million Reasons" re-enters the Hot 100 at #4. Her first top 5 hit since "Applause" (also #4). 149,000 in sales and #1 on Digital Songs, up 1,334% and 7.6 million streams.


"Bad Romance" also re-enters at #50. American tour dates completely sold out and more coming!  

  
  

Last Edited By: mcfan Feb 14 17 11:35 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,331 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#476 [url]

Feb 14 17 11:41 AM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
John Wayne music video

The video is really amazing. I love the visuals, colors, the energy. She DID that!


Not my favourite song off the album but the video was visually exciting and fast paced enough. I love how each the end of each video is carrying on into the next. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

Brazilian X Man

Posts: 10,305

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#477 [url]

Feb 14 17 1:37 PM

mcfan wrote:
"Million Reasons" re-enters the Hot 100 at #4. Her first top 5 hit since "Applause" (also #4). 149,000 in sales and #1 on Digital Songs, up 1,334% and 7.6 million streams.

"Bad Romance" also re-enters at #50. American tour dates completely sold out and more coming! happy.gif 

Congratulations Gaga! I am truly happy for her!

Quote    Reply   

#478 [url]

Feb 14 17 2:02 PM

So happy for Gaga! Get that top 5.

Though, I gotta say-- I'm not sure what kind of music I want from Gaga's next album (I realize that might be a long ways away). I don't love this album or the country sound for her. I see Gaga as a rock star-- I might be the only person alive who likes "Perfect Illusion"? Or, I at least think that's the right route for her to go. Find that balance between rock-pop (which isn't easy-- I don't like Kelly Clarkson's rock-pop bc IMO it comes off cheesy). Maybe use Pat Benetar as an inspiration? Or even Queen.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,705

#Beautiful

#479 [url]

Feb 14 17 3:40 PM

When "Perfect Illusion" was announced with the first snippet I thought she was gonna do Cher "If I Could Turn Back Time" circa. She said in a recent interview that she's ready to be a popstar again though.

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

kittykow105

Posts: 10,149 B!tch, don't kill my vibe...

#480 [url]

Feb 14 17 5:18 PM

Wow @ her tour selling so fast! That's awesome news. People still are invested in Lady Gaga as an artist. She just needs to make music that universally appealing.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help