Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#21 [url]

Aug 17 16 4:50 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
I'm officially very excited. I've missed Gaga.
Me too. I'm ready to stan if I like the song and I'm ready for Michael's comeback!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#23 [url]

Aug 18 16 3:19 AM

My favourite bit about her new look website was when I had an epileptic seizure.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Stamos

#24 [url]

Aug 18 16 6:04 AM

Kevon wrote:
My favourite bit about her new look website was when I had an epileptic seizure.

smiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll

~~MCinGR  for the nostalgia ~~

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 19 16 2:41 PM

SO excited for new Gaga! Can't imagine what kind of sound she'll come back with-- It oughtta be interesting to see what direction she takes her music career at this point.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#29 [url]

Sep 3 16 11:56 AM

why the long announcements gaga? drop it already. I feel like her long setups create unrealistic expectations for each of her lead singles since bad romance.

that said Im ready to stan like there is no tomorrow and KP better not have a single same day

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#30 [url]

Sep 3 16 4:35 PM

^ Long? The single is coming in 6 days. We waited 4 years for Mariah's last album, I think you can handle a week

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#32 [url]

Sep 3 16 5:07 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
NO Chile she said September a few weeks ago (eternity in pop) so anything after 9/2 is unacceptable laugh.gif why even announce? drop that !$+%*

Yeah, I agree. I think the announce/release cycle has drastically altered and shrunk now with digital/streaming so utterly in control. This protracted waiting just doesn't work anymore in such a content on demand style world now. Albums are literally revealed and out to buy in less than a month these days. As a strategy, I think you need to deliver faster (something I hope Mariah learns next album over the dreaded 'soon').

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#33 [url]

Sep 5 16 11:49 AM

Yeah, I already forgot about it I mean, it won't change my excitement for it once it comes, but...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#34 [url]

Sep 6 16 3:43 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:
NO Chile she said September a few weeks ago (eternity in pop) so anything after 9/2 is unacceptable laugh.gif why even announce? drop that !$+%*

Yeah, I agree. I think the announce/release cycle has drastically altered and shrunk now with digital/streaming so utterly in control. This protracted waiting just doesn't work anymore in such a content on demand style world now. Albums are literally revealed and out to buy in less than a month these days. As a strategy, I think you need to deliver faster (something I hope Mariah learns next album over the dreaded 'soon').

All of this. Everything moves on so quickly, she should have capitalised on that quick 'new song coming' buzz that the announcement made and had it out within days. Even someone with as hyped up an album release as Adele literally teased the new song and it was out very shortly afterwards. Gaga isn't coming off a big era, she's coming off a flop era followed by an "under the radar" obscure era. The waiting game is not the right way to be playing this.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Sep 6 16 4:20 PM

I really wonder what the new material will be like, how it will be recieved and how it performs. I feel like this era is her last shot at regaining huge appeal and ubiquity. Pop moves at such a rapid pace these days, and it doesn't take long to be forgotten, especially if you are a 'hot catchy singles' type artist - you're only as good as your last song.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#36 [url]

Sep 6 16 6:54 PM

^I know, she tried to "return to the electro pop" sound with Artpop and it seemed like too little too late. She's at a very tough point in her career - if she changes things up, she will be scrutinised for continuing to abandon her core sound. However if she goes the pop route she has to be very careful not to attempt any rehashing or people will see through it and plus it's not really that popular anymore.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#37 [url]

Sep 6 16 7:23 PM

Kevon wrote:
^I know, she tried to "return to the electro pop" sound with Artpop and it seemed like too little too late. She's at a very tough point in her career - if she changes things up, she will be scrutinised for continuing to abandon her core sound. However if she goes the pop route she has to be very careful not to attempt any rehashing or people will see through it and plus it's not really that popular anymore.

Actually, I think her career moves from Atrpop have served her well and helped her career. The jazz album collab she did was a total step away from the pretentious, charmless effort of her last proper album and was a success. As Mario said around the time, if it was a flop it was 'only' a team up project so her ass was covered. If it prospered, she could claim it and bask in the positive acclaim.

Her turn in American Horror Story has also been a smart and well received move, as has her Sound Of Music performance.

She's taken onboard several projects past Artpop that have all been high profile and restoring her image in well received ways with the public. She's certainly on a lot firmer ground post-Artpop than she would have been had she not taken on these aforementioned projects. From such a flop, I don't think her career is in a tough spot. She's basically position herself well with strong side projects and stepped back enough from the pop market to create a real sense of demand for her return (whilst forgetting the Artpop disaster). 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#38 [url]

Sep 6 16 7:37 PM

Kevon wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:

All of this. Everything moves on so quickly, she should have capitalised on that quick 'new song coming' buzz that the announcement made and had it out within days. Even someone with as hyped up an album release as Adele literally teased the new song and it was out very shortly afterwards. Gaga isn't coming off a big era, she's coming off a flop era followed by an "under the radar" obscure era. The waiting game is not the right way to be playing this.

Realistically, the song should have been out maximum of three weeks ago. Audiences just aren't going to be hyped and perched for months on end these days. These have far too much content coming at them each and every day to have that kind of committed attention span.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#39 [url]

Sep 6 16 7:42 PM

Artpop was disappointing but hardly a disaster. "Applause" and "Do What U Want" had modest success.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#40 [url]

Sep 6 16 7:59 PM

Artflop was a disaster. The album is one thing, but even the singles were disasters. Applause was the only one with some sort of impact and no one cares about that song today.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help