Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

Lead

Feb 16 16 9:25 AM

Tags : :

Following her David Bowie tribute performance at the Grammys and the National Anthem at the SuperBowl last week, Lady Gaga has an announcement to make on GMA.

New single? New album? New tour? All of the above?

Gaga is also up for an Academy Award and she'll be performing at the ceremony.

Last Edited By: mcfan Apr 16 17 6:13 AM. Edited 9 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#2 [url]

Feb 16 16 10:35 PM

I was so hoping too but GMA had nothing I saw on Twitter it was all some sort of behind the scene Intel stuff booo I really hope her album is ready soon an early spring release would have maximum exposure from all of this momentum she's been building.

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#3 [url]

Feb 17 16 5:13 AM

I hope her next album comes soon. I could use a little new Gaga music.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#4 [url]

Feb 29 16 12:21 AM

LADY FN GAGA WOW WOW WOW where are all these vocals coming from, I mean she's always been a great vocalist but the conviction and range is just out of this world the last 2 years or so. Bring that album now GAGA

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#5 [url]

Feb 29 16 12:35 AM

I thought it was terrible. So overwrought. Of course it's an awful song, so it's hard to overcome that aspect.

Thankfully her wh*ring herself all over didn't get her the Oscar Too bad Sam Smith won, though. Ugh.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#7 [url]

Feb 29 16 1:53 AM

you

MisplacedValidity wrote:
I thought it was terrible. So overwrought. Of course it's an awful song, so it's hard to overcome that aspect.

Thankfully her wh*ring herself all over didn't get her the Oscar laugh.gif Too bad Sam Smith won, though. Ugh.

you may be the only one,  and in the words of the song "how could you be so heartless" smiley: laugh  damn it actually looked like she held back tears at parts of the song and yes she was of course performing too but it felt like a power statement and everyone felt it,  plus the killer vocals I mean that climax high note was pitch perfect and clear, most people can't do that. even saline was kinda of flat delivering MHWGO at the oscars in her hay day.  

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#8 [url]

Feb 29 16 10:14 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:

Thankfully her wh*ring herself all over didn't get her the Oscar laugh.gif Too bad Sam Smith won, though. Ugh.

you may be the only one,  and in the words of the song "how could you be so heartless" smiley: laugh  damn it actually looked like she held back tears at parts of the song and yes she was of course performing too but it felt like a power statement and everyone felt it,  plus the killer vocals I mean that climax high note was pitch perfect and clear, most people can't do that. even saline was kinda of flat delivering MHWGO at the oscars in her hay day.  

Not that it matters, but I'm not the only one. At another board I visit people were trashing it because of the over dramatic and theatrical nature of it. To me it always comes across that she's so desperate for "a moment" (and more so the adulation that comes with it) that she overdoes everything instead of just really feeling it and being in the moment. I'm not denying her talent; more so I am saying I wish she would just let her talent show and not have to go so overboard. I'm glad the Academy didn't buy into her desperation to win the Oscar.

Quote    Reply   

kittykow105

#9 [url]

Feb 29 16 10:32 AM

Sam Smith's song was trash in comparison to Gaga's. Just last year people were saying how mediocre his song was. At least Gaga's song had meaning. The performance was powerful. Any song that brings to light the horror of sexual abuse/rape is going to be "over dramatic."

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#10 [url]

Feb 29 16 11:06 AM

kittykow105 wrote:
Sam Smith's song was trash in comparison to Gaga's. Just last year people were saying how mediocre his song was. At least Gaga's song had meaning. The performance was powerful. Any song that brings to light the horror of sexual abuse/rape is going to be "over dramatic."

I'm just a fan of the thought that because a song is about a certain subject it automatically makes it worthy. It reminds me of how Miranda Lambert won all those awards for "Over You" because it was about her (ex) husband's brother dying. The song sucked, though. Who cares what it's about? "Til It Happens To You" isn't a good song. I appreciate it has a good message, but it just isn't a good song.

In the end Gaga's performance felt forced to me and not genuine. That's my opinion. Some of you disagree, which is fine.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#13 [url]

Feb 29 16 3:18 PM

I get why some people thought it felt forced-- she came in VERY strong, as opposed to letting the song and her emotions build throughout. Still, I bought it-- I think Biden's speech got her there real quick, and she knew how important the message was (especially with the Kesha case currently going on). It wasn't my favorite vocal performance from her, but girl knows how to deliver.

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#14 [url]

Feb 29 16 10:11 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:

agreed on all accounts.  some of her vocals were nice, though.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#15 [url]

Mar 2 16 8:36 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:

you may be the only one,  and in the words of the song "how could you be so heartless" smiley: laugh  damn it actually looked like she held back tears at parts of the song

She's fake as f*ck though. She should try acting since her music career is in the toilet anyway.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#16 [url]

Mar 2 16 8:46 AM

It's one of those things, technically impressive but doesn't do anything for me in terms of conviction. Just like The Clown.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#20 [url]

Aug 17 16 2:20 PM

I'm officially very excited. I've missed Gaga.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help