Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

Lead

Dec 30 15 5:30 PM

Tags : :

In another snatch off Mario before he does it, I've been naughty...

And am officially announcing the FOMM Best Of 2015 lists!! The categories are below so feel free to nominate you personal winners of 2015. As I did last year, this is a relatively streamlined ceremony to avoid dead categories few will care about (Best Male I'd wager?) and to make the list not so massively long it'll put off participants. So short, sharp and fun and allows plenty of flexibility of opinions.

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

SINGLE OF THE YEAR

ARTIST OF THE YEAR

SONG/NON-SINGLE OF THE YEAR

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR

Note - Song/Non-Single of the year obviously means a track on any 2014 album that did not get a single release. Newcomer Of The Year can refer to an artist you personally discovered this year even if they didn't exactly break within 2014, so for example, you just got into Carrie Underwood this year with her Greatest Hits collection.

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Nike

Posts: 12,129 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#3 [url]

Dec 31 15 6:14 AM

ALBUM OF THE YEAR   - Unbreakable Janet Jackson

SINGLE OF THE YEAR -  No Sleeep

ARTIST OF THE YEAR  -  Janet Jackson

SONG/NON-SINGLE OF THE YEAR  -  Once Around the Block - Badly Dawn Boy (an old song but it's one of my favorite this year)

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR - No Sleeep

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR  -  don't know any

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR  - Adele huge comeback

carlos b fly

Administrator

#4 [url]

Jan 1 16 8:51 AM

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Unbreakable, Janet Jackson

Janet totally defied all expectations this year with a solid return to form. After enduring nearly a decade of disposable, tepid and repetitive R&B snoozers, Unbreakable was Miss Jackson back with something interesting to say and some fresh, exciting material again. In terms of sounds or depth, it’ll never match the divine quartet of Rhythm Nation, Control, The Velvet Rope and Janet but Unbreakable was absolutely a massive step forward in quality. A surprising treat.

SINGLE OF THE YEAR

Style, Taylor Swift

Despite the disappointment of the music video, this was by far my favourite song from 1989 and I was still thrilled it got its chance with a full release. The stadium anthem chorus, evocative pictures the verses paint, the epic drive of the guitar production…..still amazing.

ARTIST OF THE YEAR

Years & Years

These guys really interest me (they are a UK electronica trio, FYI). They’ve got a really unique sound that charms and I’ve loved all the singles so far from their debut. King was a very strong contender for my Single Of The Year. One of those acts who have such a distinct sound that has totally set them apart from the crowd in 2015.  

Shoulda Known Better, Janet Jackson

Epic and euphoric but also laced with sadness at her paste naivety, Shoulda Known Better is my favourite track from Unbreakable. Janet recapturing that formula of delivering a message within the structure of a brilliant pop song.    

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR

Wildest Dreams, Taylor Swift

I’m a sucker for beautiful, expensive looking cinematography and this video was dripping in it. It was like watching a lush blockbuster unfold to a Taylor Swift song. Plus, there was an actual story in there. Nothing radical but a clear narrative that was set up and concluded by songs end, something I find lacking in a lot of videos today.  

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR

Tinashe

The most exciting thing in R&B for me at the moment and manages to capture those old school female 90’s values (persona, slick dance moves, attitude, etc) but with modern, trendy production. Aquarius was an enjoyable debut. She’s a bit like an Aaliyah without the mystique or timeless Timbaland production and while I don’t think she’ll ever break mainstream, I hope we get a few solid albums from her.  

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR

Adele announcing her return with 25

The amazing, understated advert during X Factor that sent social media and the world into meltdown was one of those moments you knew would become iconic in music. A real “I was there” flashpoint and seeing so many sales records being broken in this day and age of music was exciting and inspiring.  

mcfan

#Beautiful

#5 [url]

Jan 1 16 2:49 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
^ Giggling and racing away as you hurl abuse and shoes at me!
Screaming at the mental image

#6 [url]

Jan 2 16 7:54 AM

ALBUM OF THE YEAR interstellaires Mylène Farmer :') (best come back ever ! Adele who ? Dunnot her !

SINGLE OF THE YEAR stolen car
Why do you mean ?

ARTIST OF THE YEAR marina kaye justin bieber (he's good now ! Mariah influence is good for him!)

SONG/NON-SINGLE OF THE YEAR infinity about one direction (Ahahah ah ! ) sorry and WDYM - justin bieber

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR firthharmony worth it

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR ariana grande... *.* good singer ! Who is she?

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR stolen car oO

Wait, I need time here... :s

Butterflies are always following me, everywhere I go...
my forum francophone on Mariah Carey
http://mariahcareyinfos.forumactif.com/   

NhWxMaN

#7 [url]

Jan 3 16 11:27 PM

ALBUM OF THE YEAR:  Unbreakable by Janet Jackson (wonderful return for Janet.  Her best album since Velvet Rope)

SINGLE OF THE YEAR:  Invincible by Kelly Clarkson (great ballad that deserved to do better; her best since Sober)

ARTIST OF THE YEAR:  Janet Jackson (while not mimi-sized, she had a decent comeback and returned to what she is all about)

NON-SINGLE OF THE YEAR:  I Am by Leona Lewis (the album and campaign was a mess, but this song is great)  [Honorable mentions go to Janet's Take Me Away, After You Fall... and Kelly Clarkson's Into The Blue)

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR:  My Father's Daughter by Jewel (a simple, stunning video)

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR:  Charlie Puth (He has great potential... I look forward to hearing what he releases in the future)

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR:  Janet's initial rollout campaign and return with No Sleeep.  It was all the foundation she needed to have a comeback

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:  Ariana Grande's return

TOP 17 SONGS OF 2015

17.  Ghost Town - Madonna

16.  Long Stretch of Love - Lady Antebellum

15.  Fire Under My Feet - Leona Lewis

14.  Living For Love - Madonna

13.  Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars

12.  Doubt - Mary J. Blige

11.  Smoke Break - Carrie Underwood

10.  Unbreakable - Janet Jackson

09.  Take This Chance - Anastasia

08.  Little Toy Guns - Carrie Underwood

07.  My Father's Daughter - Jewel

06.  See You Again - Will Khalifa ft Charlie Puth

05.  Girl Crush - Little Big Town

04.  Heartbeat Song - Heartbeat Song

03.  Style - Taylor Swift

02.  No Sleeep - Janet Jackson

01.  Invincible - Kelly Clarkson

hontasy

#8 [url]

Jan 4 16 7:41 AM

I think i have enjoyed 2015 more than the previous couple of years, anyways here it goes:

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
The Desired Effect - Brandon Glowers (Carly Rae is a close second)

SINGLE OF THE YEAR
Can't Deny My Love - Brandon Flowers

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Adele

Stanley - Jazmine Sullivan

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Hotline Bling

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
Alessia Cara

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR
Adele

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#10 [url]

Jan 4 16 9:45 AM

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
To Pimp A Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar
Runners-up - Traveller by Chris Stapleton and Unbreakable by Janet Jackson

SINGLE OF THE YEAR
"Want To Want Me" - Jason Derulo
Runners-up - "Girl Crush" by Little Big Town, "Earned It" by The Weeknd, "Little Red Wagon" by Miranda Lambert, "Perfect" by One Direction

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Kendrick Lamar

"Tennessee Whiskey" - Chris Stapleton
Runners-up - "Dirty Laundry" by Carrie Underwood and "Night" by Janet Jackson

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR
I haven't watched enough to have a real opinion.

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
Chris Stapleton, if he counts

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR
The staggering success of Adele
Runner-up - Chris Stapleton and Justin Timberlake performing at the CMAs

Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#11 [url]

Jan 4 16 10:55 AM

ALBUM OF THE YEAR - Janet's Unbreakable. Read the full tea on http://www.est1997.com/music/the-19-97-albums-of-2015/

SINGLE OF THE YEAR - "Hello" - It is fantastic (though admittedly I wasn't blown away at first), inescapable, and I literally can't say "hello" anymore without thinking of her

ARTIST OF THE YEAR - In my world, Mariah with going to Vegas, the Christmas shows, her 25th anniversary, #1 to Infinity, etc.

SONG/NON-SINGLE OF THE YEAR - "Black Eagle" by Janet. It is so appropriate for the events of the year.

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR - Shrug. Nothing comes to mind. IDK. J. Cole's "Wet Dreamz" cuz the puppy love is cute

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR - Tori Kelly. Her voice is amazing, and her album is great. She's a true talent, and definitely who they should be comparing to Mariah - not Grande Macchiato.

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR - Destiny's Child reuniting to perform and slay "Say Yes" at the Stellar Awards. <3

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Last Edited By: Vincent Jan 4 16 10:57 AM. Edited 1 time.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#13 [url]

Jan 15 16 5:07 PM

I'm just doing top 5 or 10 in each category, in no particular order

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Young Thug - Barter 6
Tamar Braxton - Calling All Lovers
Nicki Minaj - Pinkprint
The Weeknd - BBTM
Fifth Harmony - Reflection

SINGLE OF THE YEAR
Adele - 'Hello'
Dej Loaf - 'Back Up' f/ Big Sean
Lana Del Rey - 'High By The Beach'
Katy Tiz - 'Whistle (While You Work It)'
The Weeknd - 'The Hills'
Mariah Carey- 'Infinity'
Rae Sremmurd - 'Throw Summo' f/ Nicki Minaj & Young Thug
Marian Hill - 'One Time'
Tinashe - 'All Hands On Deck'
Selena Gomez - 'Same Old Love'

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Nicki Minaj

Marian Hill - 'I Got It'
The Weeknd - 'Acquainted'
Janet Jackson - 'The Great Forever'
Tamar Braxton - 'Catfish'
Fifth Harmony - 'Reflection'

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Tinashe - 'All Hands On Deck'

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
Marian Hill

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR
Adele's Q4 Massacre

Last Edited By: esettle0 Jan 15 16 5:26 PM. Edited 3 times.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#15 [url]

Jan 15 16 5:40 PM

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Tamar Braxton - Calling All Lovers

SINGLE OF THE YEAR
Janet Jackson - No Sleeep

ARTIST OF THE YEAR
Drake

Jazmine Sullivan - Brand New/Mascara

MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR
Drake - Hotline Bling

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR
None?

MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR
Probably Gaga's Oscar performance. Idk.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#16 [url]

Jan 15 16 5:43 PM

mcfan wrote:
Erica I'm so happy you like Tamar's album! happy.gif

Yes! I love it. It wasn't immediate tho, it wasn't until late Dec. that I really started loving it.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#17 [url]

Jan 15 16 6:19 PM

esettle0 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Erica I'm so happy you like Tamar's album! happy.gif

Yes! I love it. It wasn't immediate tho, it wasn't until late Dec. that I really started loving it.
What are your fav songs?

#18 [url]

Jan 15 16 11:50 PM

All I have to add is that my favorite song of 2015 is "Dammn Baby" by Janet. I still bop to this song every single day and am hoping she performs it with some killer choreography when I go see her live in June

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#19 [url]

Jan 16 16 8:24 AM

ALBUM OF THE YEAR - Picking Up The Pieces by Jewel. Great folk album by Jewel. Her first full independent release that wasn't a kids album or Christmas album and it's one of her strongest records to date. Two of her best written songs - Love Used To Be & Mercy - open and close the album that talk about the death of love in her marriage and the effect of losing her husband and the idea of happily ever after that she had desperately sought throughout her life. The rest of the album is made up of a few newly written songs and recordings of older folk songs that had never made it onto an album. What really shines on this collection is Jewel's premier songwriting, voice, and above all else her storytelling ability. 21 years into her career and Jewel delivered a real gem of a record. Stand out tracks are Love Used To Be, Mercy, Everything Breaks, His Pleasure Is My Pain, Carnivore, Family Tree SINGLE OF THE YEAR - When We Were Young - Adele. This song floored me from the moment I heard it. It has a really classic sound and while it won't be her signature song I think it will be one of those songs her fans will cherish for the rest of her career. ARTIST OF THE YEAR - Adele SONG/NON-SINGLE OF THE YEAR - "Love Used To Be" - Jewel MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR - No Sleeep - Janet NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR - N/A MUSIC MOMENT OF THE YEAR - Adele's slayage with 25.

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help