Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#41 [url]

Oct 30 15 5:07 AM

WELP.

I thought it was Floptina at first when I saw the video still. Transformation 100% complete.

The video - is she gyrating about in the same box Drake was in? Secondly, the song, what garbage.

This song, her look and that video can be summed up at 3:28 in the video What were they thinking releasing this basic garbage just after Adele came to snatch every wig in the game?

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#43 [url]

Oct 30 15 6:36 AM

Like they took everything right with Problem and watered it down into an inferior version. A song like Problem was loaded with hooks and catchy production, this song barely has one (and its some guy growling FOCUS ON ME! which gets annoying) and there is zero sense of event on the chorus. Her voice is okay but has nothing to really do. A very poor effort and her weaker singles from My Everything (One Last Time or Break Free) are far, far better this.

I hate the hair as well and it looks even worse on film.

Quote    Reply   

rooney1905

#44 [url]

Oct 30 15 6:55 AM

Isn't this her first single release with out a featured artist? That is a terrible song. And the pony tail really needs to go. It is STILL a pony tail even when died white. I think we all knew this would happen. With her public image taking a hit over the summer she needed to come with something really great. That was an epic fail in my opinion.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Oct 30 15 9:33 AM

I guess it could be considered catchy, but that's only because of the horns. Her vocals are just Xtina style riffs which are all over the place. It does remind me of 'Your Body' in the opening section too. Added to that, she looks cheap in the video.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#48 [url]

Oct 30 15 9:44 AM

^Your Body is a good song compared to this. And that's saying something.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#50 [url]

Oct 30 15 10:31 AM

rooney1905 wrote:
Isn't this her first single release with out a featured artist?

No. One Last Time was a solo single.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#51 [url]

Oct 30 15 10:57 AM

Looking around, even the more neutral music forums seem to be giving this a generally negative/unimpressed reaction.

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#52 [url]

Oct 30 15 12:14 PM

Such a lame rip off of Problem (which is a great tune). Too bad she didn't come up with something different. I was ready to shut it off after a minute, but made it till the end.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#53 [url]

Oct 30 15 12:20 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
Such a lame rip off of Problem (which is a great tune).

Agreed on both points. Its a Problem wannabe but nowhere near as great.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#54 [url]

Oct 30 15 12:25 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
Too bad she didn't come up with something different.

I have no interest in actually listening, but as if she "comes up" with anything. She's such a puppet.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#55 [url]

Oct 30 15 12:31 PM

Vincent wrote:
NhWxMaN wrote:
Too bad she didn't come up with something different.

I have no interest in actually listening, but roll.gif as if she "comes up" with anything. She's such a puppet.
yeah, I should have said her producers

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Oct 30 15 12:54 PM

I agree about the Your Body comparisons, but I actually loved that song and thought it was WAY superior to this. "SAAAYY" > this. At least Christina gave a solid, distinct vocal on that song. Uninspired, boring, and, tbh, an extremely underwhelming/personality-less vocal performance from Ariana.

Also, not sure how this "raunchy" image is going to go for her. I feel like she currently has a lot of young fans and is seen as a "family" act, and this will not be a good look for her.

SO happy Adele is here to block this song from being #1 in every possible way.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#57 [url]

Oct 30 15 1:05 PM

jamiclever wrote:
I agree about the Your Body comparisons, but I actually loved that song and thought it was WAY superior to this. "SAAAYY" > this.

To be fair, Your Body wasn't a bad song. The SAAAAAY! stuff did get irritating and when she went AWOL on the vocals, it become the usual grating Christina mess but it was a catchy and pretty punchy pop song. Arianna however, has a superior vocal showing on Focus simply because of her lighter tones. She's not one to grunt like she's wadding through pig sh!te which immediately makes it a more pleasant experience.

If I want someone screaming in my ear for an extended period, I'll go see Paranormal Activity with a few mates.

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#58 [url]

Oct 30 15 1:11 PM

her dancing has gotten a 'little' better, that's all I took from the video. While it's clearly a 'Problem' knock-off I bet it'll still be a solid hit. I don't hate it, but I def don't love it But this is what I have come to expect from Ariana... basic and disposable music.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Oct 30 15 1:26 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
I agree about the Your Body comparisons, but I actually loved that song and thought it was WAY superior to this. "SAAAYY" > this.

To be fair, Your Body wasn't a bad song. The SAAAAAY! stuff did get irritating and when she went AWOL on the vocals, it become the usual grating Christina mess but it was a catchy and pretty punchy pop song. Arianna however, has a superior vocal showing on Focus simply because of her lighter tones. She's not one to grunt like she's wadding through pig sh!te which immediately makes it a more pleasant experience.

If I want someone screaming in my ear for an extended period, I'll go see Paranormal Activity with a few mates.

I don't know-- I definitely like Ariana's voice better in general, but I always thought Christina sounded great on YB. (Especially compared to how strained and awful her voice sounded on the rest of Lotus).

I just find Ariana's performance on this song to be extremely lackluster, whereas I thought she nailed the vocals on Problem.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#60 [url]

Oct 30 15 2:28 PM

jamiclever wrote:
SO happy Adele is here to block this song from being #1 in every possible way.
Exactly. If she had released this a month ago it might have got a bit of attention but with Adele's reign simply warming up, this forgettable song will go unnoticed. No need to worry about her being number 1. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help